The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the sound of the article, it's almost like Mick is trying to say Lindsey quit them and left the Mac not knowing what to do. You fired Lindsey Mick, your decision. And moving forward and not treading water? Stevie is the one not doing that with only wanting to do a hits tour every 3 years. Lindsey wanted new material. I am starting to lose it with these people. I really wish Lindsey would do an interview and tell us what happened. None of this makes sense.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
From the sound of the article, it's almost like Mick is trying to say Lindsey quit them and left the Mac not knowing what to do. You fired Lindsey Mick, your decision. And moving forward and not treading water? Stevie is the one not doing that with only wanting to do a hits tour every 3 years. Lindsey wanted new material. I am starting to lose it with these people. I really wish Lindsey would do an interview and tell us what happened. None of this makes sense.
Yes, acting as if they had no idea who they should call to replace him, and all four of them as a team thought about it hard...and then they came up with Mike Campbell! I bet all that might have been inspired by the TMZ question about Stevie getting Lindsey fired with the explicit purpose of replacing him with Mike.

Nevermind the fact that they had Mike Campbell on the phone to replace Lindsey so quickly that it's possible he might have known about the firing before Lindsey and Christine did!

What was it - 6 days after MusiCares? And Christine and Lindsey left the day after thinking he was still in the band, so they have to wait until Christine goes, so assuming Christine left the very same day and they decided the very next day...

They called Mike at most 4 days after they fired Lindsey.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-16-2018 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd bet anything that $tevie had already "what if?'d" Mike, and knew he'd be on board.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd bet anything that $tevie had already "what if?'d" Mike, and knew he'd be on board.
Of course they had it planned before they ousted him. $tevie played this perfectly.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Of course they had it planned before they ousted him. $tevie played this perfectly.
True. Stevie must have floated it by him to make sure he'd be available and willing.

I wonder if he feels even a smidge guilty, considering how much he claims to respect Lindsey?

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-16-2018 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
True. Stevie must have floated it by him to make sure he'd be available and willing.

I wonder if he feels even a smidge guilty, consider how much he claims to respect Lindsey?
$$$$ washes all the guilt away.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just ridiculous. Those are basically Lindsey's own words.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This. Stevie wanted him in the band and knew he would do it. I think the idea of Mike being in the band has been forming ever since Tom died.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

you know it
Old 06-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you to the sensible person who changed the title of this thread to "reflections of Mick"
Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Thank you to the sensible person who changed the title of this thread to "reflections of Mick"
you didn't like my title? so now we have a completely misleading title about the actual content of the thread. because lately apparently bashing board members is completely ok (something typically done on the internets when one runs out of sensible argument!), but calling band members on their bs is apparently now verboten here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you didn't like my title? so now we have a completely misleading title about the actual content of the thread. because lately apparently bashing board members is completely ok (something typically done on the internets when one runs out of sensible argument!), but calling band members on their bs is apparently now verboten here.
I agree with you on the member bashing. The band was always fair game, but personal attacks on members weren't....which seemingly has changed here of late. I don't like it, either.

Thick skin has always been (pretty much) a requirement to ~hang~ on here, I guess it just has to be thicker, now. You got this, Elle.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Probably "Reflections on Mick's Yahoo Interview" would be most descriptive, as that was what triggered your anger, and what we were first commenting upon. This title makes the thread sound a lot more philosophical than it is, lol. Of course, as is the case with most of our longer threads, we have strayed from that topic!

Old 06-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick you are an a$$h$ole!