User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Maybe Lindsey can give her induction speech!

But seriously, I wonder who will. Mick? Don Henley? Harry Styles???
Sheryl Crow, Adam Levine, Kid rock, Dave Grohl.....
Old 12-13-2018, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
We've been warned!
She hates Lindsey smirking, so maybe he should just sit in the audience while she speaks and smirk and make fun of her.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
after reading all the post of people saying she shouldn't get in in the Fleetwood Mac foroms, I just figured I would let everyone know in that forum that she was indeed inducted. If this is a double post for the Stevie Nicks threads then go ahead and delete it
Now now... we are going to have a good day!!!

Don't make my heart skip a beat, then I'd be lonely...
Old 12-13-2018, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2018/...ted-twice.html

Rock Hall makes Stevie Nicks first woman to be inducted twice

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Tina Turner. Diana Ross. Janis Joplin. Grace Slick. Joan Jett.

Stevie Nicks has accomplished something none of those other female music icons have done. That’s earn Induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

Nicks joins the Rock Hall’s Class of 2019, which also includes Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, The Cure, The Zombies and Roxy Music. In doing so, Nicks becomes the first woman to be honored separately with her band (Fleetwood Mac) and as a solo artist.

Perhaps surprisingly, 22 men have been inducted twice, 14 of them with their respective bands and as a solo acts. Eric Clapton has been inducted three times (solo, Cream and The Yardbirds).

Nicks’ induction has been the fan’s choice all along. She dominated the museum’s new computerized voting system throughout the year and finished second in the annual Fan Vote to Def Leppard.

Yet, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation president Joel Peresman insisted the new voting system, accessible on the museum’s Hall of Fame floor, had nothing to do with Nicks earning a nomination in October.

“The new in-museum voting system does not factor into the nomination process as the members of the nominating committee aren’t made aware of that,” Peresman told cleveland.com. “And we rely on their independent thinking, which in this case happened to match up.”
Old 12-13-2018, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Congratulations Stevie! Nice job. First woman to be honored twice. No one can ever take that away.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She hates Lindsey smirking, so maybe he should just sit in the audience while she speaks and smirk and make fun of her.
Maybe if she goes on to long, Mick and Christine will be summoned to enter the stage doing their mockery waltz.

(Instructions for stage managers: leave a dollar bill at the opposite side of the stage for Mick. No need for enticements for Christine; she will follow him helplessly.)

But, "congratulations" are in order. So, here it is:

Congratulations, Irving.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe if she goes on to long, Mick and Christine will be summoned to enter the stage doing their mockery waltz.

(Instructions for stage managers: leave a dollar bill at the opposite side of the stage for Mick. No need for enticements for Christine; she will follow him helplessly.)

But, "congratulations" are in order. So, here it is:

Congratulations, Irving.
Give her some real props for being extremely smart. She crafted her career. It takes more than talent to make a career and Stevie is brilliant. She has networked, and got in good with the youth and even the alternative crowd. Hence, she is in the Hall of Fame twice and Lindsey is crafting his songs in obscurity.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just found out...

HBO will be airing the RRHOF inductions. Apparently there will be two pay per view options available.

Option 1 - The full induction as originally broadcasted
Option 2 - 6 hour broadcast including the full two hours of Stevie Nicks' induction speech.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NO waltzing or smirking allowed!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Give her some real props for being extremely smart. She crafted her career. It takes more than talent to make a career and Stevie is brilliant. She has networked, and got in good with the youth and even the alternative crowd. Hence, she is in the Hall of Fame twice and Lindsey is crafting his songs in obscurity.
How many times has Bill Hader portrayed *Stevie Nicks* on Saturday Night Live, though?!?

I admit that Lucy Lawless did a nice job as Nicks back in '89, but that was a one-off. Hader appeared as LB ten times! Legendary!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

waiting for this line:
"Mick Fleetwood called ME and asked if I could join the band"

Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I agree; she deserves this. She was a knockout beauty and fame is her middle name.

She can't play an instrument, but so be it.

(New thread idea for cbBen: Have there ever been any other solo RHOOF inductees who can't play an instrument?)

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, sing with her, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

Sigh. If this was twelve months ago I'd have thought this was so cool.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-13-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree; she deserves this. She was a knockout beauty and fame is her middle name.

She can't play an instrument, but so be it.

(New thread idea for cbBen: Have there ever been any other solo RHOOF inductees who can't play an instrument?)

I just hope that for all the people that got her there (the ones who play her instruments, write her songs, produce her albums), she spends her 50 minute commencement speech talking about them and not herself. #unlikely

Old 12-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait a minute. Remember the version of "Gypsy" posted yesterday?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I hear ya. In addition to witnessing the 2018 FM nonsense, I also saw Stevie's solo show in early 2017 for the first time ever... and, sorry to say, she was a colossal bore. I've never seen a singer talk as much as she did between songs. And, unlike some chatty artists, her stories just weren't that interesting. So that was kinda the beginning of my falling off the Stevie bandwagon. I'm still happy she got in, though, mostly cuz I'll always love the work of the Rumours Five. This may be strictly for her solo work, but any light shone on Stevie also shines on The Mac, so...