Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

This is a perfect choice for the next preview song. It's a great song. It won't ruin too much cuz we already know it. And I'm so curious to find out how it differs. Also now we will have the first three tracks. So there is cohesion and unity.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well I live in a place where they have summer camp for dogs and restaurants where they can sit at a table and eat with their humans!
And I live in a place where they travel with you on the subway. But there's a BIG difference between a pet and your flesh and blood.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OMG. We finally disagree on something.

Children, I abhor them(most, anyway)!!!

Dogs are better than people.

Just curious...are you afraid of them?
OMG! Finally! I knew we'd disagree on this. I just didn't want the honeymoon to end.

I love children. Most of them anyway. I'm still not disappointed at the human race.

And yes, I have the feeling every cat and dog on the planet will jump at me and bite me. A dog almost bit me when I was a kid and I live with that fear since that day.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-05-2017, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
This is a perfect choice for the next preview song. It's a great song. It won't ruin too much cuz we already know it. And I'm so curious to find out how it differs. Also now we will have the first three tracks. So there is cohesion and unity.
I have the feeling it won't differ two much from the two previous ones. And I'm ok with that because I'm already loving IMW and FAY so it will be a smooth transition for me.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
OMG! Finally! I knew we'd disagree on this. I just didn't want the honeymoon to end.

I love children. Most of them anyway. I'm still not disappointed at the human race.

And yes, I have the feeling every cat and dog on the planet will jump at me and bite me. A dog almost bit me when I was a kid and I live with that fear since that day.
Let's pretend it never happened!

I'm actually a fairly quiet guy, and I love peace and quiet...about 20 hours a day(I DO like going out with friends for a few hours, but solitude is just fine, most of the day). Anyway, I HATE constantly being asked questions...WHY is the sky blue?....WHY is it raining?....WHY does Homer hate Stevie so much? And that seems to be children's specialty. Endless questions! So I just say no to them. And the saddest part is that they love me!

You're missing out. I don't like mean animals, either. But 95% of them aren't, and will give you completely unconditional love. Try that with humans!
Old 05-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm actually a fairly quiet guy, and I love peace and quiet...about 20 hours a day(I DO like going out with friends for a few hours, but solitude is just fine, most of the day). Anyway, I HATE constantly being asked questions...WHY is the sky blue?....WHY is it raining?....WHY does Homer hate Stevie so much? And that seems to be children's specialty. Endless questions! So I just say no to them. And the saddest part is that they love me!

You're missing out. I don't like mean animals, either. But 95% of them aren't, and will give you completely unconditional love. Try that with humans!
at least animals aren't likely to stab you in the back.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Every two weeks until release it seems. At this rate we'll get Red Sun three weeks from now (I hope).
Old 05-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, I love solitude too! Most of the day! Not a sociable person at all, I might confess. But I like spending time with children, and I don't mind their endless questions. I don't have any of my own, so that's probably I think that way. One thing is to spend a couple of hours with them, but to actually raise them, I'm sure that's a different story.

And we know why you hate Stevie so much!

I know I should try with animals. Maybe my experiences with humans weren't as bad as many people. Or I'm a very forgiving person, Sometimes too much.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Every two weeks until release it seems. At this rate we'll get Red Sun three weeks from now (I hope).
I don't mind this type of release at all.

It seems pretty typical these days and seems to reflect the way people listen to music on their streaming devices.

The curiosity is killing me. And I'm enjoying each new reveal.

Plus each time there's a new song we can start a new poll.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I love solitude too! Most of the day! Not a sociable person at all, I might confess. But I like spending time with children, and I don't mind their endless questions. I don't have any of my own, so that's probably I think that way. One thing is to spend a couple of hours with them, but to actually raise them, I'm sure that's a different story.

And we know why you hate Stevie so much!

I know I should try with animals. Maybe my experiences with humans weren't as bad as many people. Or I'm a very forgiving person, Sometimes too much.
I like good kids. But the endless questions makes me avoid almost all of them. When a lady in a store gives you that look, like "don't you grab my baby and run", I wanna say, "lady, if you tried to give me that thing, I'd go running for the door, screaming!"

And a portion of her fans.

OMG, a good dog is so awesome. My last one died of cancer, 12 years ago(very much documented in old threads here), and I spent 15K trying to save him. Best dog ever, and I decided my last one ever...

BUT, I get to babysit my ex's dog for two weeks, starting next Thursday. I'm so excited! I get my dog fix for a couple weeks, then she goes home.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like good kids. But the endless questions makes me avoid almost all of them. When a lady in a store gives you that look, like "don't you grab my baby and run", I wanna say, "lady, if you tried to give me that thing, I'd go running for the door, screaming!"

And a portion of her fans.

OMG, a good dog is so awesome. My last one died of cancer, 12 years ago(very much documented in old threads here), and I spent 15K trying to save him. Best dog ever, and I decided my last one ever...

BUT, I get to babysit my ex's dog for two weeks, starting next Thursday. I'm so excited! I get my dog fix for a couple weeks, then she goes home.
Those are modern moms. They think you should really want to raise their kids in these economy!

My dislike of Stevie nowadays has a lot to do with her fans.

That's why I don't want to get attached to an animal. They are more likely to die than humans, they die earlier. But babysit is a different story.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The curiosity is killing me. And I'm enjoying each new reveal.

Plus each time there's a new song we can start a new poll.
I'm enjoying them too. I don't understand how some fans don't like them, but it's ok.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those are modern moms. They think you should really want to raise their kids in these economy!

My dislike of Stevie nowadays has a lot to do with her fans.

That's why I don't want to get attached to an animal. They are more likely to die than humans, they die earlier. But babysit is a different story.
I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now. People ask me how I did it... NO KIDS!!!

That's why we get along so well!

Well, you're right. That's why I decided he was my last one. I get far too attached to them. I really didn't need people in my life, when I had him. Now, I'm semi-social!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now. People ask me how I did it... NO KIDS!!!

That's why we get along so well!

Well, you're right. That's why I decided he was my last one. I get far too attached to them. I really didn't need people in my life, when I had him. Now, I'm semi-social!
Well, I'm not that lucky yet. I have to work for another 20 years more or less. Different countries, different economies. But I'm lucky enough to do whatever I want because I have no kids. I'm not gonna lie, I'd have loved to have at least one. But my time already passed (well, I'm 43), so I now enjoyed spending my money on kids-free activities.

You see? No pets, more people! Semi-social is gooood!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I'm not that lucky yet. I have to work for another 20 years more or less. Different countries, different economies. But I'm lucky enough to do whatever I want because I have no kids. I'm not gonna lie, I'd have loved to have at least one. But my time already passed (well, I'm 43), so I now enjoyed spending my money on kids-free activities.

You see? No pets, more people! Semi-social is gooood!
Until about 40, I felt like I was missing something. Now I feel like I dodged machine gun fire!

It is good. Although semi-social is about all I can handle. Full blown social is too much.