User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She's practically admitting she wanted to be happy and in order to achieve that she needed him out of her life, so instead of quiting the band, she got him fired.
That I feel is mostly on Mick.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
For Nicks, carrying on without Buckingham is bittersweet. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” she says. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. "

So, this is really like Stevie and Lindsey finally getting a divorce after a 40 year marriage? So it IS about her?? And, like real married couples, they get divorced and it breaks their kids' hearts....... are WE the kids then? We have broken hearts because we're children and our parents are breaking up?

See, that might have worked in the past, when so many of us were a lot younger and less experienced. The difference this time, Stevie, is that we're all grown up, and we've got lots of our own life experiences, and we know how marriages work, and work relationships, and how business works. And we understand that this band has become just about business.

So we aren't just upset because mommy and daddy split up......even grown children come to realize their parents are better off apart than together and unhappy. What rankles is the WAY it was handled, where one partner went out of their way to screw the other one over. You know, like if mommy didn't split the house 50-50 with daddy but instead made sure she got all the property for herself.

As I type this a commercial for the tour just came on..... all about "THE LEGACY CONTINUES" and "ALL THE SONGS YOU KNOW AND LOVE"

That to me does NOT sound like a "NEW" band looking to be creative.....
When you think about it, yeah, she wanted to divorce him and she got everything in the agreement.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
That I feel is mostly on Mick.
Mick does what Stevie wants.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Real savage like
Old 04-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The reality is...they may attempt to do station man, rattlesnake shake, and oh well as a nice little blues segment but once they see people run for the bathrooms within the first few shows, it will quickly be reduced to only doing oh well and this entire BS about doing all these things they never could do before will prove to be a giant crock of crapola.

I find it incredible that for how many years they worried about doing too many deep cuts from the Buckingham Nicks era, it's somehow ok to load the set with even more obscure material that will be even more obscure to the radio casual fans that will be at these shows. None of it adds up. That older material will be just as foreign to this audience as new material will be.

Oh wait...perhaps that was Lindsey's entire argument in the first place.
I would be very afraid of that too. Except for the fact that Stevie watched people flood out of her shows during her many deep cuts and it didn’t phase her.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
but they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks.

Couldn’t have possibly been anyone but Lindsey, right?
Very classless thing to say. $he couldn't even govern her$elf accordingly.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She’s not the one that benefits the most from this situation.or I guess more accurately she stood to lose the least if things didn’t go this way. Mick did. if Mick had balls and was less greedy, the right thing to do would’ve been push Stevie out the door.l and she could’ve made very similar money on her own. Mick is the one who needed to keep her in the band.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would be very afraid of that too. Except for the fact that Stevie watched people flood out of her shows during her many deep cuts and it didn’t phase her.
Hasn’t she been on record as saying she can’t see distance at all? Maybe she couldn’t see them running for the bathrooms when she played her clunker version of If You Were My Love toward the end of her set? A deep cuts show is always desired by band fanatics (of any band), but rarely works at an arena or stadium show where the tourists come to hear the hits and popular album cuts. I’m not seeing the people at a Fleetwood Mac show being as tolerant of an obscure set as people at a Pearl Jam or Bruce Springsteen concert.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She’s not the one that benefits the most from this situation.or I guess more accurately she stood to lose the least if things didn’t go this way. Mick did. if Mick had balls and was less greedy, the right thing to do would’ve been push Stevie out the door.l and she could’ve made very similar money on her own. Mick is the one who needed to keep her in the band.
If Mick had any balls at all that BuckVie album would’ve been a Fleetwood Mac album and he would’ve told her too f’n bad if you don’t want to join us.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not about money for Stevie. Well, not as much as for Mick. She wants to be happy and still be in the band. The only way to achieve that is to get rid of Lindsey. Hence the ultimatum.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Pure spite on Stevie's part. That is the true face of the icon.
LOL, REALLY??

Now Stevie does the tour schedule? I could see her on the phone now, "Make sure the tour starts on Lindsey's birthday! That'll show him!"

Give me break.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
the fact that they booked 2 LA Forum shows tells me they're not worried about too much about a decline iin attendance. They could have just booked one to see how the sales would go and then added it later but they went ahead and put both shows on the tour list.
Anyone who has been to a Heartbreakers show knows they're going to sound great.
Both LA shows will sell out. I know a lot of people in LA who are now interested, who wouldn't have gone if Mike Campbell wasn't on the tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
What puzzles me, though, is that if this is true, where is the term "firing" coming from? If this is all there is to it, it seems Lindsey would simply quit, no? "If you don't postpone the tour, I'm not coming." That's called quitting. That's not being fired.

"Firing" suggests something else.

I have a feeling this isn't the whole truth.

I'm not saying it's a bald-faced lie necessarily - I'd hate to think that - but perhaps the truth is being "massaged" and key facts left out. It just doesn't quite add up otherwise.
My guess, and of course none of us know for 100% certainty exactly what happened, is that Lindsey requested the intermingled solo dates concept (discussed in other threads, seemingly confirmed by Rick Turner on FB) because of the spacing of the tour dates (which are, in fact, spaced out as we saw with the announcement this morning). The band said no to this, so LB asked about pushing back the FM tour. They said no to that, too. He dug in, they dug in ("impasse"), and Mick fired him after getting buy-in from the McVies and Stevie.

I suppose this is all just a theory based on publicly available information, but it seems like the most likely series of events, to me at least.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If Mick had any balls at all that BuckVie album would’ve been a Fleetwood Mac album and he would’ve told her too f’n bad if you don’t want to join us.
Mick's balls are for display purposes only.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smoke and mirrors. They should just break up the band at this point. I think ticket sales will be very poor.