User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
So Lindsey did not want to do any old Mac songs??

". ..they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks. “Now we’re able to open the set with a lot; a raucous version of [1969’s] ‘Rattlesnake Shake’ or something. I’d also like to do [1970’s] ‘Station Man,’ which has always been one of may favorites. We’re definitely doing [1970’s] ‘Oh Well.’”
She’s an ass. Once they had written their own songs, I can’t say I blame Lindsey for not wanting to sing other people’s songs in lieu of his own. If she was so hell bent on doing the old stuff why didn’t she ever drop one of her own songs and do one? Christine has a trove of songs from before 1975 that she hasn’t touched in 40+ years in the context of Fleetwood Mac. “We’re definitely doing Oh Well...”...but I’ll be off stage changing my cape while they play it..
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019],” says Nicks. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.”

Ok, if we take her comments at face value, then he asked them to postpone for FIVE MONTHS, not a year.

She just did a solo tour. Yes, and the band couldn't do anything while you did. oh, but that's you.

We don't have anything else to do? Uh, maybe other people do have families and things. Just coz you don't, and just coz Mick doesn't seem to make his kids a priority, no one else should??

I. Just. Can't. She was my idol for decades.
The we don’t have anything else to do line is so telling. I had to jump into the gossip crap but ever since Lindsey got himself a family, there’s an undertone of jealousy or just simple resentment from her. I love the music that they created but she has truly gotten so insufferable in the last 15 years that it’s hard to imagine.

There’s a year between the end of her tour last year and the start of this new tour. Her nonsense about the extra time doesn’t add up.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The reality is...they may attempt to do station man, rattlesnake shake, and oh well as a nice little blues segment but once they see people run for the bathrooms within the first few shows, it will quickly be reduced to only doing oh well and this entire BS about doing all these things they never could do before will prove to be a giant crock of crapola.

I find it incredible that for how many years they worried about doing too many deep cuts from the Buckingham Nicks era, it's somehow ok to load the set with even more obscure material that will be even more obscure to the radio casual fans that will be at these shows. None of it adds up. That older material will be just as foreign to this audience as new material will be.

Oh wait...perhaps that was Lindsey's entire argument in the first place.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Another iconic lie. Had Lindsey not been performing Oh Well way past 1975?
Well she conveniently forgets that. It wasn’t until The Dance that “Oh Well” was jettisoned (save for ‘09). Those facts do not support her narrative.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let me get this straight, so it’s OK for Stevie to demand they tour only every three years, but if LB asks for one more year (and that would make it 4)he gets fired? I really loathe her.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019],” says Nicks. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.”

Ok, if we take her comments at face value, then he asked them to postpone for FIVE MONTHS, not a year.

She just did a solo tour. Yes, and the band couldn't do anything while you did. oh, but that's you.

We don't have anything else to do? Uh, maybe other people do have families and things. Just coz you don't, and just coz Mick doesn't seem to make his kids a priority, no one else should??

I. Just. Can't. She was my idol for decades.
I don't believe for a second Lindsey wanted to put the tour off until November 2019. Ridiculous. But what are they gonna say?

And she's contradicting herself. She's saying he wanted to postpone the tour and at the same time she's saying she wanted to be happy for the next 10 years. Meaning without any Lindsey drama. So, was it a coincidence that he wanted to postpone the tour? Please!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Let me get this straight, so it’s OK for Stevie to demand they tour only every three years, but if LB asks for one more year (and that would make it 4)he gets fired? I really loathe her.
This is where I’m at too. She is as hypocritical as ever and her actions are beyond disappointing as far as this fan of Fleetwood Mac is concerned. I’m not a LB guy or a SN chiffonhead. I’m a Fleetwood Mac fan. I like these five people together - they bring out the best in each other musically. I won’t stop loving what they did in the past but I have no use for her or this sham of a touring “band.”

And to be clear, I think Mike Campbell is awesome and I’d have rather seen Lindsey join the Heartbreakers than this crap. And I had no idea who Neil Finn is other than knowing Don’t Dream It’s Over. I don’t blame these two guys at all. They’re getting paid to do a job that was offered to them.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The we don’t have anything else to do line is so telling. I had to jump into the gossip crap but ever since Lindsey got himself a family, there’s an undertone of jealousy or just simple resentment from her. I love the music that they created but she has truly gotten so insufferable in the last 15 years that it’s hard to imagine.

There’s a year between the end of her tour last year and the start of this new tour. Her nonsense about the extra time doesn’t add up.
Oh, she clearly resents his family! And what a beautiful family he has! And we could all see it when they made their insta account public.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A Tango In the Night - Shake the Cage Tour setlist w/o Lindsay:

Say You Love Me
The Chain
Dreams
Isn't It Midnight
Everywhere
Oh Well
Seven Wonders
Rattlesnake Shake
Over My Head
Gold Dust Woman
Don't Let Me Down Again (Buckingham Nicks cover)
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You? (Stevie Nicks song)
I Loved Another Woman
Brown Eyes
World Turning
Little Lies
Stand Back (Stevie Nicks song)
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way
Encore:

Blue Letter
Don't Stop
Songbird
Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I'm disappointed in her. I thought she was more principled than this, but I guess not. Shouldn't have been a surprise after the Bob Welch HOF fiasco, I suppose.
Yep. The Bob Welch fiasco was when I began to question my queen.

She's almost as big a liar as Stevie and Dick. The four of them can kiss my ass.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
But she's gonna be saaaaad!!!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yep. The Bob Welch fiasco was when I began to question my queen.

She's almost as big a liar as Stevie and Dick. The four of them can kiss my ass.
Ugh. Ol Sourpuss Christine from the Dance is the real Christine!

As for Bob, I notice they didn’t mention any of those songs. From what I’ve heard of Neil, that’s where he’d actually sound right going into the pre-75 catalog. I can’t see the guy on some of the Peter Green era stuff at all.

Last edited by jmn3; 04-25-2018 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Staying a bit off topic. I loved that 4 (mick,John, Christine, Lindsey) line up on BuckVie. I love having them playing together. The sound and chemistry is awesome.
Buck Vie is my favorite album since Mirage. Lots of FM magic on it.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Buck Vie is my favorite album since Mirage. Lots of FM magic on it.
Red Sun, Too Far Gone, OWTS, and Carnival Begin sit up there with anything they’ve done in the last 35 years IMO. If the Queen would’ve bothered to have any involvement I think it would’ve been one hell of a final Fleetwood Mac album. But instead it will just fade into obscurity while the band soldiers on with a cobbled together cash grab tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It's not bittersweet. She couldn't stand working with him anymore so she gave Mick an ultimatum.
She didn't want him in her life anymore but instead of quiting the band (as any selfless person would do) she got him fired. Because SHE wants to be happy. She couldn't care less about how her wishes were going to affect those around her.

I'm really bitting my tongue, not saying what I want to say about Stevie.
Spot freaking on!!! Stevie doesn't give a sh*t about anyone except her own selfish ass!