User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I wonder if this whole thing is a publicity stunt (that ALL 5 are involved in) and LB will “rejoin” in August or September either with or without Mike and Neil. Might as well add this scenario to all of the other conspiracy theories.
One might think that until listening to Mike Campbell say that after losing Tom Petty, this band would now be his priority.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fleetw...as-a-new-band/

Not having Lindsey on board is an incredible loss to many many fans. At first it was hard to even believe but they are both moving on. Hopefully Lindsey will get his new album out soon.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I feel so much the same way. I posted something in another thread about how when it was over I just felt like I wanted to cry. And I thought I was pretty cynical at this point about this band. It was just so ugly, and they all knew it on the CBS interview, you could tell.

This made me laugh out loud...... thanks, I need it!
I saw the prices!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Maybe we could put a moratorium on telling people how fans of certain band members should and should not feel? Seems like this is where a lot of problems start on this board, not to mention the obvious (and overlooked, by this logic) fact that many "Lindsey fans" liked him being in Fleetwood Mac. Not trying to be rude, just trying to be helpful to the overall discourse here.
I count myself in that group. I don't buy solo albums by any of the other members, but I buy all of Lindsey's. On the other hand, I think Mick and John and Christine bring out the best in Lindsey's songs. For instance, listening to the original leaked solo version of GIFT OF SCREWS, the songs on which Mick and John play (not to mention Christine's vocals on tracks like "Steal Your Heart Away") stand out above most everything else that Lindsey has released as a solo artist. Those people just have a vibe when they play together that adds so much warmth and personality.

I love Lindsey's music, but it tends to lean toward the cooler temperatures. It's sometimes so perfectly executed and precise that it loses something intangible that the band brings out naturally.

I think that's why I enjoyed Lindsey's songs on the THIS IS 40 soundtrack so much. I mean, the songs themselves feel like they're a little undercooked, but the production is warm and organic thanks to Jon Brion (who, by the way, is ridiculously talented as a producer, composer, and artist---check out his album, MEANINGLESS). Lindsey has a tendency to mess with his own voice with vari-speed, effects, etc., but he has a great voice, and it shines through on those Brion-produced songs.

Oops. I'm getting off-topic. My point is that I will miss hearing Mick and John and Christine performing Lindsey's songs.

matt
Old 04-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
I count myself in that group. I don't buy solo albums by any of the other members, but I buy all of Lindsey's. On the other hand, I think Mick and John and Christine bring out the best in Lindsey's songs. For instance, listening to the original leaked solo version of GIFT OF SCREWS, the songs on which Mick and John play (not to mention Christine's vocals on tracks like "Steal Your Heart Away") stand out above most everything else that Lindsey has released as a solo artist. Those people just have a vibe when they play together that adds so much warmth and personality.

I love Lindsey's music, but it tends to lean toward the cooler temperatures. It's sometimes so perfectly executed and precise that it loses something intangible that the band brings out naturally.

I think that's why I enjoyed Lindsey's songs on the THIS IS 40 soundtrack so much. I mean, the songs themselves feel like they're a little undercooked, but the production is warm and organic thanks to Jon Brion (who, by the way, is ridiculously talented as a producer, composer, and artist---check out his album, MEANINGLESS). Lindsey has a tendency to mess with his own voice with vari-speed, effects, etc., but he has a great voice, and it shines through on those Brion-produced songs.

Oops. I'm getting off-topic. My point is that I will miss hearing Mick and John and Christine performing Lindsey's songs.

matt
Staying a bit off topic. I loved that 4 (mick,John, Christine, Lindsey) line up on BuckVie. I love having them playing together. The sound and chemistry is awesome.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
They are all brazen liars. Do you believe Christine when she says she only found out Lindsey "left" after she returned to London? They would fire their lead guitarist without telling the pianist and songwriter/singer? Please.
No, I don't believe it. After BuckVie it's impossible she only found out when she returned to London. And none of them talked about how's he doing now? I mean, if it was all soooo amicable, why aren't they talking about him?

What a bunch of liars!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine:

She came back for the 2015 On With The Show tour, and last year recorded an album with Buckingham that they supported with a long tour that wrapped up just five months ago. “I had a great time with him on the road and making that record,” she says. “I was surprised to hear the news because it happened after I went back to London that the decision was made. But life moves on and I wanted to carry on with these guys.”

speechless.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Between the CBS interview and the Rolling Stone story (which covered much of the same ground), I'm surprised at how genuinely sad this is making me. I want to be angry because that seems easier, but man... this is like a gut punch. It just all seems so avoidable.
Love how many fans that wanted to give this new line-up a chance are now saying they're not going.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie:

For Nicks, carrying on without Buckingham is bittersweet. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” she says. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank God for this amazing life.’”

Bittersweet means happy and sad at the same time.

I think she just didn't want to say she's thrilled.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So Lindsey did not want to do any old Mac songs??

". ..they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks. “Now we’re able to open the set with a lot; a raucous version of [1969’s] ‘Rattlesnake Shake’ or something. I’d also like to do [1970’s] ‘Station Man,’ which has always been one of may favorites. We’re definitely doing [1970’s] ‘Oh Well.’”
Old 04-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And it is amusing Mick won't use the word "fired" and used "impasse", which really means nothing. And he says the band reached a decision to move on without Lindsey, but Christine said she knew nothing till she reached London. So which is which? Did they have a group meeting, or did Mick and Stevie decide for the rest of the band? You can't have it both ways.
That would be option #2, as we have been saying for the last 2 weeks.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That would be option #2, as we have been saying for the last 2 weeks.
It's amazing that after all this time, after all the evidence, including video, there are still icon worshippers who won't believe what went down and would prefer to believe the icon is "sad" at his departure.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie:

For Nicks, carrying on without Buckingham is bittersweet. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” she says. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank God for this amazing life.’”

Bittersweet means happy and sad at the same time.

I think she just didn't want to say she's thrilled.
It's not bittersweet. She couldn't stand working with him anymore so she gave Mick an ultimatum.
She didn't want him in her life anymore but instead of quiting the band (as any selfless person would do) she got him fired. Because SHE wants to be happy. She couldn't care less about how her wishes were going to affect those around her.

I'm really bitting my tongue, not saying what I want to say about Stevie.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's amazing that after all this time, after all the evidence, including video, there are still icon worshippers who won't believe what went down and would prefer to believe the icon is "sad" at his departure.
She's practically admitting she wanted to be happy and in order to achieve that she needed him out of her life, so instead of quiting the band, she got him fired.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
So Lindsey did not want to do any old Mac songs??

". ..they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks. “Now we’re able to open the set with a lot; a raucous version of [1969’s] ‘Rattlesnake Shake’ or something. I’d also like to do [1970’s] ‘Station Man,’ which has always been one of may favorites. We’re definitely doing [1970’s] ‘Oh Well.’”
Another iconic lie. Had Lindsey not been performing Oh Well way past 1975?
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019],” says Nicks. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.”

She just did a solo tour. Yes, and the band couldn't do anything while you did. oh, but that's you.

We don't have anything else to do? Uh, maybe other people do have families and things. Just coz you don't, and just coz Mick doesn't seem to make his kids a priority, no one else should??

I. Just. Can't. She was my idol for decades.

OK MY BAD-- SHE SAID NOVEMBER 2019. SO YEAH, THAT IS A FULL YEAR. Did he really demand that?????

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-25-2018 at 10:18 AM..