The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this a good pic or not? I cant quite decide. Though I quite like it I feel there is something wrong with it (apart from the obvious). It irks me that Stevie is looking to the side. Overall it just feels too lop-sided.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why isn't Stevie looking at the camera? Is she planning on looking at the camera again?
And why are they always in the same positions? So many questions!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Is this a good pic or not? I cant quite decide. Though I quite like it I feel there is something wrong with it (apart from the obvious). It irks me that Stevie is looking to the side. Overall it just feels too lop-sided.
Lopsided, yep. And why are Mick, John, Stevie and Mike clumped together--cause this was the group that voted to fire LB/Mike was hired on first. Chris has only been back a few years and Neil is the newest member so they're off to the other side. Or are they trying to make Chris and Neil more of a focal point?
Old 05-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie and Christine look pretty, IMHO. The men... well, they look as well as can be expected. One gets the feeling we're not supposed to look too closely at the bright lights. However, the composition of the photo is a bit odd. It's like Stevie is looking over and Christine and Neil and saying "Why are you two over there?" I'm not keen on it. Still, I definitely prefer it to that color one in front of the background that looks like a carpet, and where Neil looks like an old woman.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:44 PM

I think it's a cool photo, the photographer decided to portray the band into two distinct groups, Christine and Neil on one side and Mick, Stevie, Mike and John on the other, using Mick as a sort of the linking element; I'd say from this photo Mick is the one the emerges as the leading figure.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Allf of your comments are making my night!!!!
I am so glad for all your comments you guys because I am at a loss for words, myself. How atrocious. That pic! Not my loss of words!

Old 05-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Stevie and Christine look pretty, IMHO. The men... well, they look as well as can be expected. One gets the feeling we're not supposed to look too closely at the bright lights. However, the composition of the photo is a bit odd. It's like Stevie is looking over and Christine and Neil and saying "Why are you two over there?" I'm not keen on it. Still, I definitely prefer it to that color one in front of the background that looks like a carpet, and where Neil looks like an old woman.
Good assessment, sodascouts. I also agree with SisterNightroad that Mick seems to be the link between Chris and Neil and Stevie, Mike, and John. It's a good picture.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
And in fact she's the only one looking to the side. And it's the second pic where she's looking to the side.
Name one tour pic where she's looking to the side.
The rest of the group also looks odd, especially John and Mick.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imma use the words from Eric the Redhearted again, from the comments section under the RS interview of April 25:

Crowded Mac and the Heartbreaker

Old 05-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And in fact she's the only one looking to the side. And it's the second pic where she's looking to the side.
Name one tour pic where she's looking to the side.
The rest of the group also looks odd, especially John and Mick.

Maybe she's looking at the space that would have been filled by Lindsey.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-04-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good assessment, sodascouts. I also agree with SisterNightroad that Mick seems to be the link between Chris and Neil and Stevie, Mike, and John. It's a good picture.
I'll go futher and add that Mick seems to be hiding behind Stevie (and maybe also a bit Mike)
Old 05-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think it's a cool photo, the photographer decided to portray the band into two distinct groups, Christine and Neil on one side and Mick, Stevie, Mike and John on the other, using Mick as a sort of the linking element; I'd say from this photo Mick is the one the emerges as the leading figure.
yes. Christine and Neil should go join Lindsey.

the 3 that ousted Lindsey and the guy they apparently did it for can bask in what they did on their own.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I think Neil is the prettiest girl in the pic.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

re: Stevie looking to the side

Easier to photoshop? Wearing black also makes it easier to tweak other areas too. I'm not complaining - I think the picture is great! But, do think some tweaking has been done.