User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumours
Ok, so now I have a tape labeled Oakland 1990.....Lindsey is there.......I swear it's from the right place.....and from what I can remember of it, it doesn't cut at the end......GYOW is on there.....altough, the tape is really screwed up and it's all distorted and you can't really hear or see what's going on too well......that kinda ruins things for me, you know!!!! So, this is the SECOND to last concert on the tour then???
Does anybody have a better quality video I may be able to get ahold of???? You know, I really have to go back and watch this concert again and make sure.....I'm kinda confused now....I thought I had the correct concert.....
Don't be confused; it's really simple, Stephanie. The handheld video of the Oakland show is out there circulating -- it's a bit of a chore to watch because it's so jumpy & far away. The vid starts right after the band finishes "Dreams," & Stevie Nicks says, "Thank you, San Francisco." Then they play "Isn't It Midnight." The video features all the Lindsey Buckingham appearances that night, which are "Landslide," "Go Your Own Way" & "Tear It Up."

I didn't know that the Los Angeles show was videotaped, but macfan 57 (see below) has a copy. If the band members mention "Inglewood," then you have that one -- that's a pretty sure thing. Give yours a viewing again to see which one you have. The band played Oakland Coliseum on December 6 & the Los Angeles Forum on December 7, with Lindsey Buckingham as a guest both nights. Rolling Stone reviewed the Forum gig.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oakland & Los Angeles shows?

Ok, I think I got it now. Both shows must have been taped and are circulating. However, they are both labeled Oakland 1990. The L.A. show that I have is pro shot and is of very good quality, although it is from somewhat of a distance. It is definitely not jumpy and distorted and the sound is excellent. However, it stops after Stand Back and the last 5 songs are not on the tape, including Go Your Own Way and Tear It Up. The tape does start in the beginning during In The Back Of Your Mind.

Wow, I never actually knew that both shows were taped. It sounds like the actual Oakland show is not of as good quality as the actual L.A. show., but the Oakland show has all three songs that Lindsey appeared in.
Old 05-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Oakland & Los Angeles shows?

Quote:
Originally posted by macfan 57
Ok, I think I got it now. Both shows must have been taped and are circulating. However, they are both labeled Oakland 1990. The L.A. show that I have is pro shot and is of very good quality, although it is from somewhat of a distance. It is definitely not jumpy and distorted and the sound is excellent. However, it stops after Stand Back and the last 5 songs are not on the tape, including Go Your Own Way and Tear It Up. The tape does start in the beginning during In The Back Of Your Mind.
You've jogged my memory, macfan 57. As I recall, about two years ago Devilwoman Loftus started selling a proshot video copy of the Forum gig. It was on her Web site at the time, & (naturally) copies of it were put up for auction on eBay. She leaked it, & you can probably still buy a copy of it if you track her down (she keeps a much lower profile these days & does most of her "business" via e-mail, I am told).

The Oakland video is just your standard audience-shot recording that nevertheless captures Lindsey Buckingham's appearance at this very boring show. It's a must-see.

For any of you "Mask" fans, there must be 15 or so concert videos available from that year. If you're interested in seeking them out, I recommend you stick to the summer shows (there's a good one from the Aladdin Theatre in Vegas in June & another from Cal Expo in Sacramento about a week before) rather than the shows later that fall & winter. The band got worse as time wore on.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A pro-shot video from one of the 'Mask' tour stops has been a major Holy Grail for me for years.
That is the only tour I was able to see the Mac on, so I'd love to have a video record of it.

I have a little bit of footage from one of the shows, but it's not great quality, and it's not a complete show.

I bet Mick has some great footage in a vault somewhere!
(He once claimed that they filmed two nights of every tour they had done. Presumeably after 1976)

Johnny Stew
Old 05-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Behind the Mask pro-shot video

David,

That's exactly where I got the video. I believe Ms. Loftus no longer has her website. If I remember correctly, she actually had 2 1990 Oakland videos, one pro shot with very good quality and one audience shot of much lesser quality. I got the one with better quality which turned out to be the Los Angles show.

Johnny Stew,

I thought they had shot the 1990 Denver show for video release, but didn't release it commercially because they didn't like it. I think the footage from the Skies the Limit video was from this film. I'd be willing to bet that this film is still sitting in a vault somewhere. If it is, I'd sure love to see it.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-12-2002 at 10:35 AM..
Old 05-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I popped my tape in and watched the beginning of it.
The tape starts already into the beginning of the first song, In The Back of My Mind.......it goes right into The Chain after that......Christine definitely says "Los Angeles", even though the tape is labeled Oakland.....I didn't pick that up when I watched this show before.
So, looks like I've got a bad quality copy of the show on Dec. 7th at the Forum in L.A........I do remember Lindsey coming out and doing Landslide & Go Your Own Way (very very poor quality--if you didn't know better, you wouldn't even know it was him on stage!).....I don't recall seeing Tear It Up though.....

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down