User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Poor baby. Is the big bad feminist gldstwmn attacking you? Does mommy need to kiss it and make it better?
I only have one thing that I want you to kiss!
Old 04-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Unsubstantiated. Next!
How convenient!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I've actually said more than once that no one who wasn't there will probably ever know exactly what happened. But from all the different pieces of information we have gotten about this entire thing, it seems pretty fair to assume that all of this started with some conflict about the tour and it all just went downhill from there. What happened beyond that is a total mystery. But that's not going to stop people from speculating and of course anger is to be expected.
And I love Stevie. I've been disappointed/annoyed in a lot of her career decisions lately ever since way before Lindsey was fired but I still manage to love her without thinking she can do no wrong. I've criticized her but I've never said a single derogatory thing about Stevie.

And people can say what they want about Lindsey. I've even acknowledged he probably is to blame for some of this by having difficult requests. But the odd, out of nowhere comments you've made about his personal life that really have nothing to do with this entire thing are unwarranted.
well put.

I think other people characterizing this "whole thread" as full of nothing but "Stevie hatred" is doing exactly what the troll is accusing everyone else of-- painting everything in one big, broad brush. The issue is not simplistic, this band is complicated and messed up in so many ways, including both Lindsey and Stevie. Most of us admit this. Some of us are in denial about our favorite member. As someone said, this had to be a whole band or at least majority band vote in order to have happened. That includes Stevie. It is difficult if not impossible to think she abstained from voting on this one. And the most likely vote was to get rid of him. Indeed, sources who have proved reliable throughout this have said she issued an ultimatum-- I can't work with him anymore, it's either me or him.

Some of us accept, whether we like it or not, that this appears to be true. Her reasons very likely go beyond just the issue at hand, i.e., should he be part of the tour or not based on something he did/said recently. You can't keep the past out of your decisions in the present, and it seems highly likely her feelings about a lot of past things would come into play when casting her vote about the tour. It also seems likely,, to me and many of us, that SOMETHING beyond just disagreeing about tour dates had to have happened, and that Lindsey may well have crossed the line in something he said/did.

Will we ever know for sure? Maybe, if witnesses are ever willing to talk. I doubt we'll get the real story from the band itself until long, long after this tour is over, because right now they've all got their "good soldier" faces on and will be saying whatever they need to to ensure tickets sell for the tour.

I do wonder if Mike or whats his name will be on tv with them
Old 04-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well put.

I think other people characterizing this "whole thread" as full of nothing but "Stevie hatred" is doing exactly what the troll is accusing everyone else of-- painting everything in one big, broad brush. The issue is not simplistic, this band is complicated and messed up in so many ways, including both Lindsey and Stevie. Most of us admit this. Some of us are in denial about our favorite member. As someone said, this had to be a whole band or at least majority band vote in order to have happened. That includes Stevie. It is difficult if not impossible to think she abstained from voting on this one. And the most likely vote was to get rid of him. Indeed, sources who have proved reliable throughout this have said she issued an ultimatum-- I can't work with him anymore, it's either me or him.

Some of us accept, whether we like it or not, that this appears to be true. Her reasons very likely go beyond just the issue at hand, i.e., should he be part of the tour or not based on something he did/said recently. You can't keep the past out of your decisions in the present, and it seems highly likely her feelings about a lot of past things would come into play when casting her vote about the tour. It also seems likely,, to me and many of us, that SOMETHING beyond just disagreeing about tour dates had to have happened, and that Lindsey may well have crossed the line in something he said/did.

Will we ever know for sure? Maybe, if witnesses are ever willing to talk. I doubt we'll get the real story from the band itself until long, long after this tour is over, because right now they've all got their "good soldier" faces on and will be saying whatever they need to to ensure tickets sell for the tour.

I do wonder if Mike or whats his name will be on tv with them
Very well said. I am choosing to look at this as a "Fleetwood Mac" issue and not a "Stevie Lindsey" issue. This is a band, and a decision was made--like it or hate it, and as a fan of Fleetwood Mac, I hate it. I do think, cutting through a lot of the noise, that's how many people are feeling. I am still a fan of Stevie's and I am still a fan of Lindsey's. With it's current line up--I am not so psyched about Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac in this current line up, for me anyway, is Christine, John, Mick and Stevie. No disrespect to Mike, who is a fantastic musician, and Neil (I don't know much about Crowded House), but that's a fact. Right now, they are 2 musicians filling a hole that needed to be filled to take this show on the road. Should this current lineup release some new music, my opinion might change. In my opinion, that's one of the main differences between this situation and the Rick/Billy/Bekkah situation. Also, truthfully, even when Chris left. The remaining members released new stuff. Right now, FM with this lineup, has a cover band feel to it. I don't want to go to a FM concert to listen to covers of the Heartbreakers and Crowded House (should they put them in the set) and I don't want to hear Neil sing "Go Your Own Way" or "Don't Stop" Personally, I didn't like "Don't Stop" when Christine wasn't singing it either. That's just my personal preference and not a knock on Stevie (I am a huge fan of hers, have seen her solo countless times and she's an amazing singer---I feel the need to say this b/c I don't want people to say I am taking sides). With a few exceptions, I generally don't like covers. Lorde singing "Silver Springs" was awful to my ears. She's truly talented but I didn't like it--it's a personal preference.
We will never know what truly went down behind the scenes (legal reasons or so they can safe face with the fans). I hope an ultimatum wasn't thrown down. At this juncture in their lives, and after all they've done FOR EACH OTHER, if the ultimatum is true, that's the saddest thing of all. If this really is the "Farewell Tour" we've all been robbed--the band included.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Very well said. I am choosing to look at this as a "Fleetwood Mac" issue and not a "Stevie Lindsey" issue. This is a band, and a decision was made--like it or hate it, and as a fan of Fleetwood Mac, I hate it. I do think, cutting through a lot of the noise, that's how many people are feeling. I am still a fan of Stevie's and I am still a fan of Lindsey's. With it's current line up--I am not so psyched about Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac in this current line up, for me anyway, is Christine, John, Mick and Stevie. No disrespect to Mike, who is a fantastic musician, and Neil (I don't know much about Crowded House), but that's a fact. Right now, they are 2 musicians filling a hole that needed to be filled to take this show on the road. Should this current lineup release some new music, my opinion might change. In my opinion, that's one of the main differences between this situation and the Rick/Billy/Bekkah situation. Also, truthfully, even when Chris left. The remaining members released new stuff. Right now, FM with this lineup, has a cover band feel to it. I don't want to go to a FM concert to listen to covers of the Heartbreakers and Crowded House (should they put them in the set) and I don't want to hear Neil sing "Go Your Own Way" or "Don't Stop" Personally, I didn't like "Don't Stop" when Christine wasn't singing it either. That's just my personal preference and not a knock on Stevie (I am a huge fan of hers, have seen her solo countless times and she's an amazing singer---I feel the need to say this b/c I don't want people to say I am taking sides). With a few exceptions, I generally don't like covers. Lorde singing "Silver Springs" was awful to my ears. She's truly talented but I didn't like it--it's a personal preference.
We will never know what truly went down behind the scenes (legal reasons or so they can safe face with the fans). I hope an ultimatum wasn't thrown down. At this juncture in their lives, and after all they've done FOR EACH OTHER, if the ultimatum is true, that's the saddest thing of all. If this really is the "Farewell Tour" we've all been robbed--the band included.
This is largely how I feel, as well. I'm deeply disturbed they are choosing to go out this way. I have always, and will always prefer the five of them together. When Christine left, I attended the SYW shows because 1) I had never seen them live, in any incarnation and 2) she had retired and it seemed at the time the decision was permanent. And I enjoyed the shows, but I definitely missed her. I hated Stevie singing Don't Stop.

I believe they are tarnishing their legacy by doing this, and I am profoundly disappointed by that.