Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
agree!

FM / LB / BM idea of a slow song closer really bugged me for the longest time. now i'm just resigned to it - but i'm glad they are aware that other than them nobody else thinks slow song is a good closer and don't try to employ that philosophy when they play festivals!
Are you saying FM is the only act that closes their shows with a slow song? I've seen many acts that go that route. Just 24 hours earlier, the Eagles finished their set with "Desperado."
Old 07-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Are you saying FM is the only act that closes their shows with a slow song? I've seen many acts that go that route. Just 24 hours earlier, the Eagles finished their set with "Desperado."
Just off the top of my head, I remember seeing Peter Gabriel perform and he closed with "Father, Son" after playing "In Your Eyes". But I didn't mind it and I kind of got it because I was there with my Dad, just the two of us.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I'm not sure of the boundaries as far as posting items from social media accounts (in this case a fully public account) but I saw this on Twitter: a concert thank you to John/Julie from their designer. Included is a FB link with three little concert videos, a thank you to the realtor who introduced her to the McVies, and the mention of a 2018 tour that includes NZ.

@SCDesignGroup: An amazing night and performance. Thank you John McVie and Julie McVie . Such lovely clients and Marcie Hartley... http://fb.me/wRB09tJi

From FB (text, I've not saved her videos):
An amazing night and performance. Thank you John McVie and Julie McVie . Such lovely clients and Marcie Hartley you are the best for introducing me to them. 2018 the band will be in New Zealand. I'll be at that concert with my Kiwi son and daughter in law . See you there !
If the tour starts as they're saying in June 2018, I doubt they will be in New Zealand by, let's say, end of the year.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:07 AM

Default It will never end

The Eagles and the Doobie Brothers to Put On the Classic Northwest Festival in Seattle

by VVN Music

We're not totally sure that two bands playing together can be truly called a "festival" but the Eagles and the Doobie Brothers think it can.

The two groups, who played on the Friday night bill at the Classic West and Classic East Fests, have scheduled a third version of the festival, Classic Northwest, on September 30 at Safeco Field in Seattle.

There is no mention if any of the other four acts, Steely Dan, Earth Wind & Fire, Journey or Fleetwood Mac, who played at Classic West and East, would be joining them. It has also not been said whether Vince Gill and Duncan Frey would once again be joining the Eagles in place of the late-Glenn Frey.

Tickets for Classic Northwest go on sale on August 5 at 10 AM.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...rs-to-put.html
Old 07-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Prices appear to be dropping for tomorrow's show. Just bought a 10th row ticket on Ticketmaster for $149 plus fees.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

meanwhile, seen at the Classic today -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They had the same thing at Classic West
Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Damn I so wish they'd picked a different photo for the cover-- especially of him
Old 07-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Damn I so wish they'd picked a different photo for the cover-- especially of him
The CD opens to a tri-fold. The picture in the
middle is the one they should have used for the
cover.

It boggles my mind why they chose that cover
photograph.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The CD opens to a tri-fold. The picture in the
middle is the one they should have used for the
cover.

It boggles my mind why they chose that cover
photograph.
My only explanation is that they don't care.

They clearly didn't put much effort into the design of the cover.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-30-2017, 07:44 AM
Ledgie

The Eagles set was phenomenal last night. They are a great live band. They seemed to really enjoy being there and playing their music for everyone. Deacon Frey singing and playing and giving a small tribute to his dad was quite touching.

The Doobie Brothers were also very good. It was evident that they were having fun. Steely Dan was ok. I was never a fan of them.

I recorded some videos and audio on my phone last night and plan on doing so tonight for The Mac. I will try to post it all tomorrow when I get back home to PA.

Anyone else went last night/going tonight? What was everyone else's opinions?
Old 07-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
The Eagles set was phenomenal last night. They are a great live band. They seemed to really enjoy being there and playing their music for everyone. Deacon Frey singing and playing and giving a small tribute to his dad was quite touching.

The Doobie Brothers were also very good. It was evident that they were having fun. Steely Dan was ok. I was never a fan of them.

I recorded some videos and audio on my phone last night and plan on doing so tonight for The Mac. I will try to post it all tomorrow when I get back home to PA.

Anyone else went last night/going tonight? What was everyone else's opinions?
They let you record with your phone? I read some fans couldn't record anything on the Classic West.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They let you record with your phone? I read some fans couldn't record anything on the Classic West.
Well I didn't really have any security around me where I was. All I did was hit the record button on my phone and then set it in the cup holder.

As for my camera, it's a Canon PowerShot with quite an obnoxious lens when zoomed all the way in and again, I had no issue.

Maybe it was something with Dodger Stadium? On Citi Field's website it says that only professional grade audio and photo/video isn't allowed.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself for tonight! 😂
Old 07-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

A great show marred by a couple of embarrassing foul-ups. The started Dreams when You Make Loving Fun was scheduled; had to stop and restart. Something was up with Christine's keyboard for the Don't Stop encore and they again had to start over. And it looked like LB had an issue with his guitar on Go Your Own Way that had him upset.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some pictures, videos, and tweets from the show. Of course, Harry Styles and his fashion encourage were there.

Be sure to check out Diane Eitel's scope of the show. She's always does a great job with living streaming.

Part 1
Part 2

I loved the f*ck ups. That's live music for you.