User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I agree with the others, it's a great list. Maybe consider sending your list in as a suggestion to the Q&A with John (http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...ion/index.html), the Q&A with Lindsey (asklb@lindseybuckingham.com) and the Q&A with Stevie (askstevie@rockalittle.com) .

(August 30th, one more day until the Lindsey Q&A is posted????)
Lindsey is never going to take him seriously anymore after that last question that he submitted. I dug my own grave also.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Lindsey is never going to take him seriously anymore after that last question that he submitted. I dug my own grave also.
I bet lindsey never gets to see that question. But it's cool you didn't leave me alone .

Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but live it's kind of blah.

I was just about to come to Nijmegen and kick your ass for making me anticipate this. I have so many dreams and they keep killing them.
Sorry vanessa, but i don't get your post here?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Sorry vanessa, but i don't get your post here?
Are you high again? I was just saying that there are so many things I'd love them to do and they never do it. So I now hate you for suggesting they open with I Don't Want To Know, because that's another thing I would really, really love to see.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to hear IDWTK if Stevie could still sing it like she did before the voice change.. but I don't want to hear it in her boring, lower register she's got these days. I think that could - quite possibly - ruin the song for me.

I'm imagining it now, and in my head, it doesn't sound good.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I'd like to hear IDWTK if Stevie could still sing it like she did before the voice change.. but I don't want to hear it in her boring, lower register she's got these days. I think that could - quite possibly - ruin the song for me.

I'm imagining it now, and in my head, it doesn't sound good.
Well, then a lot, if not most, wouldn't sound good if you compare it to the original. I never thought she could pull off Beautiful Child with her current voice either, but it was prrretty.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, then a lot, if not most, wouldn't sound good if you compare it to the original. I never thought she could pull off Beautiful Child with her current voice either, but it was prrretty.
I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's necessarily the case here. Beautiful Child is a pretty song down to the way it's written, and indeed does sound beautiful in the lower register. I Don't Want To Know is kind of the upbeat, youthful type vibe as it's written. I just don't think she could pull it off with the lower voice. I'll go out on a limb and say that I think it would actually just highlight how "lethargic" the performances are becoming, really.

Take for instance the song Say You Will... I don't particularly care for that one, but it was kind of an opportunity for Stevie to be a little more upbeat with her singing during the show. But the way it was executed... it was really just kind of a drag. I can just imagine her using that same voice on IDWTK.. all monotone. The different inflections (is that the word i'm looking for?) and expressions in the original are what make I Don't Want To Know a good song, imo.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's necessarily the case here. Beautiful Child is a pretty song down to the way it's written, and indeed does sound beautiful in the lower register. I Don't Want To Know is kind of the upbeat, youthful type vibe as it's written. I just don't think she could pull it off with the lower voice. I'll go out on a limb and say that I think it would actually just highlight how "lethargic" the performances are becoming, really.

Take for instance the song Say You Will... I don't particularly care for that one, but it was kind of an opportunity for Stevie to be a little more upbeat with her singing during the show. But the way it was executed... it was really just kind of a drag. I can just imagine her using that same voice on IDWTK.. all monotone. The different inflections (is that the word i'm looking for?) and expressions in the original are what make I Don't Want To Know a good song, imo.
yeah I see what you mean, but her parts on the original SYW are boring too. She even said that herself during the DR-doc. Lindsey didn't like that remark but at the same time he knew it was true. (all in one facial expression/grin )

I think they can do IDWTK these days. But only if they keep the pace. A little lowering in key wouldn't ruin it. But more important They'll have to seek eachother in the harmony and not sing it on automatic pilot, which they tend do do on tour.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah I see what you mean, but her parts on the original SYW are boring too. She even said that herself during the DR-doc. Lindsey didn't like that remark but at the same time he knew it was true. (all in one facial expression/grin )
Are you sure? I definitely agree, but I don't remember them mentioning that.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you sure? I definitely agree, but I don't remember them mentioning that.
As I recall, there's a snippet of lindsey singing the high key backing vocal in that small windowed booth and she said that they were Ok, as her vocals were a bit monotone, than his grin and she, friendly, says something like "well they are"... Anybody else recognizing this? Maybe it's the same part as where she wittingly says something about that he's gonna do those highkey backings on tour?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I recall, there's a snippet of lindsey singing the high key backing vocal in that small windowed booth and she said that they were Ok, as her vocals were a bit monotone, than his grin and she, friendly, says something like "well they are"... Anybody else recognizing this? Maybe it's the same part as where she wittingly says something about that he's gonna do those highkey backings on tour?
Hmm, I do remember that part, she's holding some stuffed animal in her lap and she has headphones on, but I don't recall her saying that. I'm going to watch that again tonight.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah I see what you mean, but her parts on the original SYW are boring too.
'tis true. good point you make, sir.

i don't recall that part, but it has been a very long time since i last saw the DR doc. guess it's time to dig it out.

is this before or after the part where lindsey starts smoking a bowl during a meeting?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
'tis true. good point you make, sir.

i don't recall that part, but it has been a very long time since i last saw the DR doc. guess it's time to dig it out.

is this before or after the part where lindsey starts smoking a bowl during a meeting?
If I remember correctly... after.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I remember correctly... after.
i disapprove of drugs
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i disapprove of drugs
Just think of the songs that were created while under the influence that most likely wouldn't have seen the light of day had they been sober...namely everything they did from 1975-2003 was created under some chemical influence by one or more of them.