User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
My mother's been sick and is having surgery tomorrow... I haven't been able to hear a single thing out of my right ear for almost a week now... I'm cranky, and I'm tired but too keyed-up to fall asleep.
Hi. I am sorry you are struggling with your ear. What happened? I am sorry to read also that your Mother has been ill. Please take care of yourself, and I hope that everything goes well today with your Mother's surgery. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I am here for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ I agree

and on top of it-you know it will probably never happen. That is the idea of the "wish list". You know that as long as Fleetwood Mac is performing, Stevie is more than likely going to be a member, so you are always going to get to hear her songs. It's fun to shake things up a bit and put a spin on them.

to add to this: I love stevie nicks and wouldn't want to go to a FM show without her. But that's just a personal choice.

still havent decided on my list yet.

oops-on edit. This was meant in response to Paula's post
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
exactly how hard can they rock? Mick sits behind a drum set and John isn't exactly animated...I guess I'd get bored, but that's just me.
I assumed he was talking about sound rather than visual movement.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Not that I felt you needed to defend your setlist, but this is very well put.
Thank you. I didn't feel that I had to defend my list, but when people throw that eating dead vagina's-**** at me steam comes out of my ear. I don't have irrational aversions against anybody. And the only rational aversion I have is against people who think that when you love Fleetwood Mac and NOT only with Stevie, you're a steviehater and kill frightened vagina's and eat them.

haha. I ripped that crap nicely apart if I may say so myself.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I assumed he was talking about sound rather than visual movement.
I said "see" but indeed meant hearing them rock hard when I see them.
By the way: look how john touches his bass during come and I'm so afraid and GYOW. And Mick? Visually he's even one of the inspiration-icons for Animal! harder visual rockin does not exist.

By the way David, what do you think of my list?

Old 08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, I like your list although I haven't looked at it. But I feel certain that it's an interesting list. Do you have any Sons of the Pioneers on it?

One moment, please, while I go look at it. ....

Okay, back. Okay, your list has interesting material on it, although it has some crud on there too (like Bermuda Triangle & Tango in the Night). But where is Dragonfly? The lineup is nice, although weird.

Who is going to play the piano on WMYTYTO or the electric piano on Angel or Hypnotized? I hope you don't intend to ask one of the Army. Better to just forget those parts completely & play guitars around them.

It would be nice to hear Fleetwood Mac again without the "percussionist"--i.e., to hear "bare" Mick again, irrespective of how poor his timing has become.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who is going to play the piano on WMYTYTO or the electric piano on Angel or Hypnotized? I hope you don't intend to ask one of the Army. Better to just forget those parts completely & play guitars around them.

It would be nice to hear Fleetwood Mac again without the "percussionist"--i.e., to hear "bare" Mick again, irrespective of how poor his timing has become.
His timing has always been poor, that's why he's so good.

The reason of my remark that these four guys had to figure out themselves how this setlist should sound had everything to do with your remarks about the keys on some songs. Maybe one of the guitarists could provide it themselves on those songs while the other does the guitarpart. Or leave them out and rearrange them more stripped down. I love bermuda triangle and Tango sucks, but I did not want to put in ISA, although I truly want to hear that guitarsolo again.

Thanks for putting in so much effort, dude.

PS: Dragonfly is a good addition. Ok that one may replace the triangle.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

The Chain
Monday Morning
Big Love (not acoustic)
Thrown Down
Miranda
Crystal
Sisters of the Moon
Storms
Angel
Blue Letter
Go Your Own Way
World Turning (without the drum solo)
Second Hand News
Gold Dust Woman
Steal Your Heart Away
Seven Wonders
--------------------
Wishlist of songs to go away:

Dreams
Landslide
Rhiannon
Don't Stop
Tusk
Gypsy
Stand Back
Never Going Back Again
Big Love acoustic
I'm So Afraid

Please continue to keep away:

Not That Funny
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His timing has always been poor, that's why he's so good.
No, gerald! I don't mean his timing. I mean his ability to keep a steady beat (let's call it his "timekeeping"). This has not always been poor! It has always been excellent! He has always played like a metronome!

It is only in recent years that Taku, posting to Usenet as "Helen," has admitted that Mick's timekeeping has deteriorated & that this deterioration created some problems with the last percussionist, Lenny Castro.

Quote:
The reason of my remark that these four guys had to figure out themselves how this setlist should sound had everything to do with your remarks about the keys on some songs. Maybe one of the guitarists could provide it themselves on those songs while the other does the guitarpart. Or leave them out and rearrange them more stripped down. I love bermuda triangle and Tango sucks, but I did not want to put in ISA, although I truly want to hear that guitarsolo again.
Well, actually, that is a good point. I like to hear songs that suck. I would rather hear a song that sucks than a song that is really good. To me, really good songs don't belong in the concert stage.

Quote:
PS: Dragonfly is a good addition. Ok that one may replace the triangle.
Triangle is just so ... goofy-sounding. o/~ There's somethin' goin' on/Down in the .../down in the tri-angle o/~

goofball city!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you. I didn't feel that I had to defend my list, but when people throw that eating dead vagina's-**** at me steam comes out of my ear.
Mmmmm. Dead vagina's ****...

Quote:
And the only rational aversion I have is against people who think that when you love Fleetwood Mac and NOT only with Stevie, you're a steviehater and kill frightened vagina's and eat them.
This is a song about a Welsh necrophiliac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
No, gerald! I don't mean his timing. I mean his ability to keep a steady beat (let's call it his "timekeeping"). This has not always been poor! It has always been excellent! He has always played like a metronome!
I knew what you meant, but I've always had the feeling that he drifted in a way no other drummer can.
Quote:
It is only in recent years that Taku, posting to Usenet as "Helen," has admitted that Mick's timekeeping has deteriorated & that this deterioration created some problems with the last percussionist, Lenny Castro.
That's the point. Castro was technically too good for Mick, who's always been a "feel"player. NOT a metronome. He needed a percussionist that adjusted to his Unpredictable style. Lindsey agrees. On Soundstage, which you still have to watch, Lindsey introduces Taku as "the best listener I know"
Quote:
Well, actually, that is a good point. I like to hear songs that suck. I would rather hear a song that sucks than a song that is really good. To me, really good songs don't belong in the concert stage.
Your missing my remark about the ISA-solo.

Triangle is just so ... goofy-sounding. o/~ There's somethin' goin' on/Down in the .../down in the tri-angle o/~

goofball city!
Yeah. Not That Funny-studio is one of my fave Macsongs, but I guess it's impopular because of the words. As a no-native speaker I don't pick up those irri lyrics most of the time. What a relief! I love Triangle because of it's atmosphere.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HEY!!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mmmmm. Dead vagina's ****...

This is a song about a Welsh necrophiliac.
thanks dude.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
HEY!!
Ah! another triangle lover! We're growing back together chili. we just have to avoid some unimportant topics!

What can you say about my male-macidea and setlist?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I said "see" but indeed meant hearing them rock hard when I see them.
By the way: look how john touches his bass during come and I'm so afraid and GYOW. And Mick? Visually he's even one of the inspiration-icons for Animal! harder visual rockin does not exist.

aha...I see. I concede on that point.