The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2001, 12:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

It hit me today just how great of a year it's going to be for us FM fanatics. After two years or so of "limbo," watching for occasional appearances, hoping for albums, watching The Dance over and over again, there's been so much news regarding The Mac and we're only 23 days into January!
First, the Clinton send-off. Even though of course it looks like Christine is out, we get our first glimpse (literally, since none of us was fortunate enough to be there) of what the Mac would look like without her.

Then we read on rollingstone.com about Lindsey's future plans. His enthusiasm fuels our excitement. Then, we get an officialy release date for Stevie's album, which is sure to be good. FINALLY, we get news from Marty that VH1 is planning a Lindsey Buckingham Behind The Music special to air tentatively on April 22nd.

Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but I've just been gushing lately about everything Mac related. People around me are sick and tired of hearing me talk about them or Lindsey or Steview or all of them. So, I just wanted to know if everyone is as pumped as I am about whatever we may get in 2001. A Stevie album for sure, maybe an "EPIC Fm Album" (he said 'EPIC'...whoo boy), or even a Lindsey solo album, or maybe all three???

In any case, 2001 looks to be The Year Of The Mac (could The Penguin making 2001 calendars be a coincidence? One can only wonder....)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by rollo on January 24, 2001]
Old 01-24-2001, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with you.......I'm totally thrilled!!! Got all the same feelings as you.
.....And people are sick of hearing me talk about them too!!!!!!! Don't feel bad!!

Stephanie
Old 01-24-2001, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Iam just gushing and lol and gushing and giggling and enjoying the prospects of a...

2001 : Year of The Mac !!!

Sad...Iam not getting any such response from the family...so it is such fun to gush and giggle and feel good all over with you fans!

I've got The Dance blaring as I work...alone at last...Love that Lindsey Guitar Man!

ENJOY! ENJOY! THE MAC MUSIC! ENJOY! ENJOY!

------------------
The Closing of a Chapter...The Opening of a Door ~~~
Brings Forth Life~~~Where there was No Life Before...LB
Old 01-24-2001, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

I can relate to you talking about FM and having people give you that "will she ever shut up" look=:-) or the "Fleetwood Mac-who's that?" look=:-)

That's why I was so glad to find the Penguin five years ago and so happy when Marty started the Ledges-I finally had a place to talk Fleetwood Mac to my heart's content with other people who feel like I do about the band...
Old 01-24-2001, 04:19 PM
Jenny377

Thumbs up

Hey Everyone!!

Let me just say I'm 15 so people think I'm weird when they hear I like FM anyway. Either they think I'm weird or they don't know who they are! My parents are tired of hearing their songs "over and over"....I'm glad I have friends on the web to talk to about the BEST BAND EVER!!!!

2001: YEAR OF THE MAC!!!
jEnNy

------------------
"Either I say too much or I don't say enough, well I play too hard but still I'm not tough enough!"
Old 01-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Yes, I believe you are right. Maybe the next two years will be the "Mac" years since they'll be going in the studio to record a new FM CD after Stevie's & Lindsey's tours. I don't usually hear a lot of FM on the radio, but today I heard three songs all on the same radio station! Well, OK, two FM's and a Stevie. The first one was The Chain (the orginal version), the second one was Gold Dust Woman & the third one was Edge of Seventeen. I was pretty surprised, but pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to get Stevie's new CD & maybe Lindsey's (cross my fingers).

Lee

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Lee on January 25, 2001]
Old 01-25-2001, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Epic as in the record label? or Epic as in a long long one?

------------------
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Reading one of my posts means you agree to my rules, including the requirement that you do NOT copy or quote any posts made here to another site without the permission of me. In other words, I own the post. You are allowed to read it, but not use it for any other purpose. Just Kidding!! Peace! Have a nice day!
Old 01-25-2001, 11:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Anthony: I'm pretty sure he meant 'Epic' as in a big big album, one where they put all their best stuff on and pour their hearts into, like Rumours. Or it could also mean epic as in long, because they all probably have a ton of material built up over the years. Either way, it's all good!

(And I know it's not Epic as in their label, cause they're on Reprise Records)
Old 01-26-2001, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another reason why 2001 will be THE YEAR OF THE MAC:

2001= TWENTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY of "BELLA DONNA"

2001= TWENTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY of "LAW & ORDER"

Looks like its time for a comeback!!!

------------------
***Back and forth, lies unfurl...in the eyes, in the eyes, in the eyes of the world***
Old 03-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope, LOL...more like 2003.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

Bad netiquette Bluegrass, exhuming two year old threads! And while you're at it cut down your sig!

....please!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Bad netiquette Bluegrass, exhuming two year old threads!)

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaaa!!!
This whole thread is freakin hilarious. Thanks for breaking out the shovel, Bluegrass.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm happy to realize that I'm not alone in the world. I am sixteen and have been constantly talking about Fleetwood Mac ever since I downloaded Rhiannon off the internet two years ago. I even have my "Fleetwood Mac Bible." Okay, I might be alone on that. My parents think I am insane for liking a band whose members are in their 50's (and maybe they have a point,) but I'm just tired of hearing "who's that," everytime I mention Fleetwood Mac to someone. Am I the only person who thought Fleetwood Mac was one of those bands that everyone knew and could identify??? It's really sad when your teachers are the only ones who you can carry on a conversation about Fleetwood Mac with.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jason

Welcome to the Ledge!

Rhiannon, still working her magic after all these years!

Joe
Old 03-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

omg when i first read all of this i was going "um all of these people think it's 2001? maybe it was a typo the first time... but all these people are copying it... weird..." then i realized... I am the dumbass here.. lol

on another note... it's kind of sad to look back on some of these posts and see people getting so excited for something that they had no idea was going to be TWO YEARS in the future... that would have sucked to have been told back then "nope sorry guys you have to wait 2 more years."