User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I love Storms, and I especially love the band's arrangement of it versus her original version. There's a sh*t ton of stuff going on if you listen closely-- Christine's multiple keyboard lines all throughout are what really fill it out. And though a bit lengthy the lyrics are among her best.
"Storms" is genuinely moving. It's eerie, too. All that reverb. Even though it seems so spacious and spare you're right: there is a lot going on. What interests me about it is that it feels musically close to some of the tunes on FUTURE GAMES. "Storms" could sit right next to "Woman of a Thousand Years" or "Show Me a Smile," or even "Future Games" and it wouldn't seem out of place.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Yep. Where some hearing boring, I hear weariness. I've always gotten a last call, 3 AM feeling from it, the same as you'd get from staying up all night journaling or talking things out with the other person, only to reach an impasse. It could very well have been written that way, knowing Stevie. I get the same feeling from Save Me a Place.

This is why I felt it shouldn't have been dragged out for the Unleashed tour. It needs to be sung with a certain fragility that her voice just didn't have anymore.
I didn't start to appreciate the song until I actually listened to all the words in the lyrics and the story being told. Certainly the music was not able to sustain my interest for the years I passed over the song. Its sort of like a passionate love letter being written before she seals the envelope for the eternal good-bye. The frail mood of the song is captured by the music and the way that it is sung which is exactly why I skipped it for over 10 years.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Storms was what sealed my Stevie fandom for a few years. I hoped she would do that kind of material solo. By was I wrong, after the huge disappointment of Belladonna I ignored her for years.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:24 AM

I love Storms. It's truly a Fleetwood Mac gem. Christine gives it that extra elegance. The vocals are wonderful.

Out of Sweet Girl (I think you meant that one, Michele. Never ever ever to be confused with Silver Girl) BTLH, Temp One, and My Little Demon. Sweet Girl is my fav. It has a beautiful melody and I love the strength of her lead vocal.

Temp One - boring
BTLH - over rated
My LIttle Demon - Annoying

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-08-2020 at 12:42 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Storms. It's truly a Fleetwood Mac gem. Christine gives it that extra elegance. The vocals are wonderful.

Out of Sweet Girl (I think you meant that one, Michele. Never ever ever to be confused with Silver Girl) BTLH, Temp One, and My Little Demon. Sweet Girl is my fav. It has a beautiful melody and I love the strength of her lead vocal.

Temp One - boring
BTLH - over rated
Tempoary One is NOT boring! How dare you. I'm triggered.

Seriously, Temporary One is my favorite of the "new" songs on The Dance. But I love the harmonies on Sweet Girl.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Seriously, Temporary One is my favorite of the "new" songs on The Dance. But I love the harmonies on Sweet Girl.
None of the new songs were great. They're passable I guess.

I HATE the "star trek phaser" noise on My Little Demon.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Stevie and Christine were at the top of their game vocally during the Dance. But, Temporary One is a boring basic title. And the lyrics ruin the music.

Where Sweet Girl has wonderful lyrics and a really nice melody that compliments them. Must I explain everything to you and Homie!
Old 12-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie and Christine were at the top of their game vocally during the Dance. But, Temporary One is a boring basic title. And the lyrics ruin the music.

Where Sweet Girl has wonderful lyrics and a really nice melody that compliments them. Must I explain everything to you and Homie!
You can't mansplain wrongness. And you are SO wrong.

Seriously, who else could I geek out with about a 23 year old record that was, in itself, largely a rehash of music that was 23 years old.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
You can't mansplain wrongness. And you are SO wrong.

Seriously, who else could I geek out with about a 23 year old record that was, in itself, largely a rehash of music that was 23 years old.
I stand by my lady 99% of the time. But, her ITM material was way better than this dud.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Temp One - boring
BTLH - over rated
I think you or I said once that the song, like the river, goes on and on. It's a catchy tune, and an apt one for their reunion tour, but kind of basic. BTLH, I love on the Dance. I don't like what they did to it (and to most songs) on SYW. My Little Demon is fun and catchy.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand by my lady 99% of the time. But, her ITM material was way better than this dud.
We're all allowed exceptions. I loathe 4-5 of the songs on her 1984 album, and "Wish You Were Here" doesn't grab me.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I think you or I said once that the song, like the river, goes on and on. It's a catchy tune, and an apt one for their reunion tour, but kind of basic. BTLH, I love on the Dance. I don't like what they did to it (and to most songs) on SYW. My Little Demon is fun and catchy.
Sweet Girl is very under rated. Listen to SWEET Girl then SILVER Girl... The decline in quality is staggering.

I dare anyone to try this.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-08-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sweet Girl is very under rated. Listen to Silver Girl then Sweet Girl... The decline in quality is staggering.

I dare anyone to try this.
If only Stevie had had Christine looking over her shoulder saying, "That's a ****ing stupid song you're writing."
Old 12-08-2020, 02:01 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... OH sorry...is Silver Girl over?
Old 12-08-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
If only Stevie had had Christine looking over her shoulder saying, "That's a ****ing stupid song you're writing."
She should have. Stevie couldn't fire her, she already retired.