User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

She was taking the dog out for a walk, warming up the tea, on the phone with managers, trying to find her backpack, making reservations, producing documentaries, finding tape recorders, getting the vault opened and overall just too busy being drop dead honest....
Don't forget buying a Bunn coffee maker and jacking green Starbucks straws.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Obviously, we've already seen the videos, but where there is also text, I want to post it so that it might be searchable in the future, if we want to recall something]

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Fleetw...-Video/8966935

01/24/2013 by Nichole Hamilton, ON THE RED CARPET

Fleetwood Mac members Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood talked to OTRC.com about their upcoming 2013 tour, and how they've managed to maintain their fan following for so long.

"You can't really stop," Nicks told OTRC.com on January 24. "I have a friend, Doug Morris, who said to me once, 'when you retire, you just get small.' And I think that's really true - I love that. So, you can't just go on a three year vacation, because when you come back, it won't be there. And that's why a lot of the big bands that still try to play, and they don't play for eight or nine years, and then they try to play - they're not good anymore."

"You know, we are athletes, and you have to keep it going," she continued. "But the great thing is, that when you have to keep it going, it helps you stay young, it makes you stay vibrant - we're in a wonderful, mysterious, crazy band, so we get to stay young because of this. This is like a magical mystery carpet that we get to get on, but we don't get off of the carpet very often. And I think that's probably why people really enjoy us on stage, it's because they know this is what we do, we love it, and we do our best to be great."

In December 2012, it was announced that the veteran rock band would be embarking on a worldwide tour following their 3-year hiatus.

The Grammy-award winning group, known for hit songs such as "Dreams" and "Landslide," announced that the tour would start in Columbus, Ohio on April 4th, and wrap in Detroit on June 12. The tour marks the first for the band since 2009.

Nicks went on to say that while rehearsals are slated to start in February, the group is still debating on what the official set list will be.

"We're all just thinking now, and going over in our heads what, you know, which songs," Nicks said. "Because, there are those specific 10 songs, 12 songs, whatever, that you play because you - because the audience really wants to hear them, and because they are the foundation of the band, and because they are the reason we all have really nice houses. So, those are there. But beyond that, we have the other songs to play with, so it's really fun, but we don't really know yet because we haven't started, so it's really mysterious."

In August 2011, Nicks toured the United States in support of her seventh studio album, "In Your Dreams," which was her first solo record in 10 years. Fleetwood Mac's last studio album was the 2003 record, "Say You Will."

Fleetwood Mac guitarist and male lead singer Buckingham
has also embarked on his own solo career, having released nine studio albums since 1981. The veteran guitarist, who once shared a romantic relationship with Nicks, explained how the close, songwriting pair are rediscovering their bond.

"We are still somehow inventing new dynamics within the two of us," Buckingham explained of his friendship with Nicks. "We are still discovering things about each other. Perhaps we are still getting back to things we once had ... It just makes it very sweet, that after all these years, we can perhaps now we can really start to address some of the love that's always been there, and some of the things that we have shared."

Check out all of Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour dates here. Tickets officially went on sale December 14, 2013.

"I think [we're] incredibly blessed ... lucky," Fleetwood Mac member Fleetwood said. "But we've really worked hard too. I think it's fair to say that we've enjoyed for the most part working really hard - thats also in the mix."
I love how Stevie needs no definition by the writer, LB is the male lead singer and Mick is just a "member' of Fleetwood Mac. Bias much?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were on Extra again. Mostly Stevie and Lindsey holding hands and talking about their breakup. They flashed a pic of Kristen too.

Edit: I just remembered they asked Stevie if she knew how Sheryl Crow was doing with all the Lance stuff and she commented saying she knew he wasn't the right one for her. Or something of that persuasion.

Last edited by Amlyn; 01-25-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
They were on Extra again. Mostly Stevie and Lindsey holding hands and talking about their breakup. They flashed a pic of Kristen too.

Edit: I just remembered they asked Stevie if she knew how Sheryl Crow was doing with all the Lance stuff and she commented saying she knew he wasn't the right one for her. Or something of that persuasion.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Here it is for those who didn't catch it on TV.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Stevie knowing Sheryl and Lance weren't going to work out .

Lindsey didn't have to throw SHN in there as a song that they have to sing. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't on the Dance tv special and so when it ended up on the tour I was THRILLED. Love it. Love the energy. But don't flatter yourself, Linds.

Michele
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it's exactly a balanced question, because Lindsey might not even like cheese! Alex was leading the witness!
lol. that occurred to me also

Quote:

Lindsey didn't have to throw SHN in there as a song that they have to sing. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't on the Dance tv special and so when it ended up on the tour I was THRILLED. Love it. Love the energy. But don't flatter yourself, Linds.
i know lol. i was actually pleasantly surprised - and amused! - that unlike usually when he mostly lists SN and some CM songs, he was actually listing some of his own songs after Stevie said GYOW - SHN, NGBA.

and SHN has actually been one of the most played FM songs classic rock stations in my area... plus of course there's always Morning Joe. so i'd agree they have to do that one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Here it is for those who didn't catch it on TV.
Thanks for posting this. What was on tv tonight was about half of this whole video.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love these new videos, but for some reason I can't help feeling a bit voyeuristic watching them.

It's like I'm eavesdropping on a group therapy session or something .
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

anyone else notice how Lindsey's eyes snapped up to attention as soon as Jerry, the interviewer, said "Lindsey, you told me blah blah about you and Stevie...." Like he was bracing for whatever he might have to defend having said... LOL
Once again, very little of Mick..
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I love these new videos, but for some reason I can't help feeling a bit voyeuristic watching them.

It's like I'm eavesdropping on a group therapy session or something .
They're in so unnatural a setting that I don't feel that way. There were moments during DR that I did feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

and SHN has actually been one of the most played FM songs classic rock stations in my area... plus of course there's always Morning Joe. so i'd agree they have to do that one.
I think Tusk is more of a must play than SHN. I think the set needs SHN though. Both SHN and IKINW have great action. They get both the band and the audience bouncing. I just don't think many casual fans would leave the venue saying, "Why didn't they play Second Hand News?"

Michele
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
anyone else notice how Lindsey's eyes snapped up to attention as soon as Jerry, the interviewer, said "Lindsey, you told me blah blah about you and Stevie...." Like he was bracing for whatever he might have to defend having said... LOL
Once again, very little of Mick..
I saw that, I got a good chuckle from it.

I also noticed that Lindsey seemed a bit more lively in this interview. In a lot of the others he had a very stoic expression on but throughout this even when he wasn't talking, he was smirking to himself and generally emoting. Maybe this one was earlier in the day
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish these things weren't so heavily edited. You can tell it's sliced and diced because their hand holding is all over the place. And I think that is also what is making these interviews seem so unbalanced.

There must be tons of unseen footage from interviews over the years. DR alone is what 498 hours of never seen stuff, right?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am loving all of these video interviews we are getting. it seems like there weren't as many in 2009 or at least with them all being interview together. Also Stevie putting her 2 cents in about Sheryls relationship was very revealing.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, but she had to say something, right? Sometimes I blame the interviewer more. Why ask about that? Just because Lance is the trending gossip, and the interviewer knows that Stevie and Sheryl are friends? Although, I suppose it's not as silly as asking Stevie to weigh in on the Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey spat. I mean, really? That's what you want to ask Stevie Nicks?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I know, but she had to say something, right? Sometimes I blame the interviewer more. Why ask about that? Just because Lance is the trending gossip, and the interviewer knows that Stevie and Sheryl are friends? Although, I suppose it's not as silly as asking Stevie to weigh in on the Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey spat. I mean, really? That's what you want to ask Stevie Nicks?
Yes, and how did Justin Bieber's name ever come up? They could be Justin's grandparents!

It's just that Sheryl and Lance haven't been a couple in years. So, I agree with you that it was particularly stupid for the interviewer to ask how Sheryl is holding up. It's bad enough they're still asking Stevie about HER long ago ex-lovers. Now, they're asking her about Sheryl's. But Stevie claiming clairvoyance about the failure of that relationship so long after the fact strikes me as silly. It's like saying she knew the Titanic would sink. "I said, 'that's a real big ice berg.'" And given the egos involved on both sides, with Lance and Sheryl Crow, no one thought it would last. It's not just keen Stevie intuition. Michele