User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
So the 26,000 is sales for the first week? Includes downloads and vinyls and everything?

This could conceivably hit 100K sales over time. I mean, I bought 3 versions myself....
The only way this album will sell 100,000 or more is with longevity.

IYD managed 16 weeks on the Billboard 200 due to all of the shows she was on at the time. I remember that whenever she was on say 'American Idol', the album would be back up to #150 or so.

If this album gets no more promotion then it's going to be a pretty steep decline in sales from now on.

We will be able to see how no promotion is affecting the albums sales next week. If it is still within the top 40 then I predict it'll last about 6 weeks in total on the Billboard 200. If it is at about #60 or lower then it'll last only a couple of weeks.

I predict that it'll be at around #35 next week and it'll last about 6 weeks on the Billboard 200. I don't think it'll get to 100,000 very easily. I hope it does though!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

24 Karat Gold selling @26K is great! It's exactly where, initially, I expected her first week sales to be 3.5 yrs after IYD. Record sales (as everyone should understand) are even more is the toilet than 2011, so most acts are selling half of what they sold previously. So the sheer fact that she pulled off another top 10 record is really incredible -- Her 6th solo top 10 album & her 7th top 10 album with FM = 13 top 10 records between solo & FM - I wonder if that's a record (solo & group top 10 albums)??

Pre-promotion was decent. Post-promotion will be non-existent. Esp. since it's now all about the FM tour. But , make no mistake aboit it, 24 Karat Gold will be an important part of Stevies' recording legacy
Old 10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sales are rubbish at the moment, but a top 10 album is a top 10 album. Go Stevie!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The ongoing Fleetwood Mac tour will make her many millions ..24KG maybe some pocket change.
It's all about her legacy now. 24 Karat Gold is IMPORTANT in the breadth of Stevies solo recording catalog. What other 66 something are still hitting the top 10 with original material without having to resign her creativity doing a cringe-worthy predictable "duets", or "covers" ?? They're are only a handful, and even less woman in that category.

Last edited by Christopher; 10-15-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
HA! And to think it's being said elsewhere that Stevie's career is going down in flames...As I questioned quite a while back...What effect will her not being able to fully promote "24K" have on sales?
Who is saying her career is going down in flames?
Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
It's all about her legacy now. This record is IMPORTANT in the landscape & scope of her recording output. What other 65+something are still hitting the top 10 with original material (not some predictable "covers" or "duets" b.s.) Bruce, TP, Cher, Stevie ...even Jackson Brown couldn't quite keep up with "The reingning Queen of Rock 'n Roll.)
Cher sold a lot more than Stevie and Barbra's new album is doing INCREDIBLY well. I do think that it has a lot to do with the young and successful artists that she's duetting with though.

Bob Seger is predicted to sell about 50,000 copies of his new album next week. I wonder if he's been promoting it?

What really gets to me is the fact that if Stevie promoted this album then it could've sold about 40,000 and would've gone top 5 which would've made her look fantastic and would've shown how incredibly popular she still is. (Though top 10 is still pretty good).

The fact is, 26,000 copies of '24 Karat Gold' were bought from people who either heard a song off of the album and liked it or from people who just like Stevie and the album itself. It wasn't Stevie trying really hard to promote it or someone pushing the fact that 'The new album from Stevie Nicks is out now. BUY IT!!!'

The fact that Stevie can put together an album in two months, go on a phenomenally successful tour, throw out a solo record, do very little/no promotion for it and it goes top 10!
Now THAT is pretty cool.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Cher sold a lot more than Stevie and Barbra's new album is doing INCREDIBLY well. I do think that it has a lot to do with the young and successful artists that she's duetting with though.

Bob Seger is predicted to sell about 50,000 copies of his new album next week. I wonder if he's been promoting it?

What really gets to me is the fact that if Stevie promoted this album then it could've sold about 40,000 and would've gone top 5 which would've made her look fantastic and would've shown how incredibly popular she still is. (Though top 10 is still pretty good).

The fact is, 26,000 copies of '24 Karat Gold' were bought from people who either heard a song off of the album and liked it or from people who just like Stevie and the album itself. It wasn't Stevie trying really hard to promote it or someone pushing the fact that 'The new album from Stevie Nicks is out now. BUY IT!!!'

The fact that Stevie can put together an album in two months, go on a phenomenally successful tour, throw out a solo record, do very little/no promotion for it and it goes top 10!
Now THAT is pretty cool.
Cher and Barbara are also movie stars. They have a much larger fan base.

Top 5 doesn't matter. Top 10 only matters with singles. Albums are different - Top 10 does not count as much. Longevity counts.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Cher and Barbara are also movie stars. They have a much larger fan base.

Top 5 doesn't matter. Top 10 only matters with singles. Albums are different - Top 10 does not count as much. Longevity counts.
And I doubt this album will have much longevity. There's no way of guessing how long it'll stay around on the charts but I hope her legendary status will help the album stay around for a while.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I doubt this album will have much longevity. There's no way of guessing how long it'll stay around on the charts but I hope her legendary status will help the album stay around for a while.
In this case, I don't care. She came up with a great product. If people, fans alike, want to bird**** all over it than they are daft.

Songs for Seagull by Joni Mitchell never went gold. Many great albums have not. Street Angel went Gold. Doesn't make sense.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am thrilled - and Stevie should be too. No need to repeat all of the great comments on this thread, but bottom line for me is that the record industry is dying a slow death in terms of album sales. For Stevie to create, as she correctly called it, a great album, in such a short period of time, and for it to debut in the Top 10 while she's on a world tour with her band, is truly a great accomplishment. It's an important record for her legacy, and hopefully a sign of things to come.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
In this case, I don't care. She came up with a great product. If people, fans alike, want to bird**** all over it than they are daft.

Songs for Seagull by Joni Mitchell never went gold. Many great albums have not. Street Angel went Gold. Doesn't make sense.
That was only shipments. I think they were predicting it to sell a hell of a lot more than it did. It's only sold about 30k more than IYD!

I'm just interested in album sales and I agree that this is a fantastic album. Now that Stevie doesn't seem to care about sales, I hope there'll be a 'Vol 2' and hopefully it'll be just as good as this one.

Also, in the commentary video posted on YouTube for 'All The Beautiful Worlds', Stevie says that it'll be great on stage. Is that her admitting an upcoming solo tour?
Old 10-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was only shipments. I think they were predicting it to sell a hell of a lot more than it did. It's only sold about 30k more than IYD!

I'm just interested in album sales and I agree that this is a fantastic album. Now that Stevie doesn't seem to care about sales, I hope there'll be a 'Vol 2' and hopefully it'll be just as good as this one.

Also, in the commentary video posted on YouTube for 'All The Beautiful Worlds', Stevie says that it'll be great on stage. Is that her admitting an upcoming solo tour?
Street Angel only went gold right after the Dance. The Other Side of the Mirror went platinum. TimeSpace went platinum. The Dance helped her out a lot.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

Quote:

She said herself in January

I'm Looking forward to 2 tours next year
Old 10-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She also noted that these were the best songs "for this year, for 2014," and that he she has many, many more songs in the vault. I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to Nashville in late 2015.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Who is saying her career is going down in flames?
"People are not thrilled by her anymore, she is going down in flames and her fans are applauding"

The quote is in the "Stevie's not on board" thread