User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
I got the one without the cigarette, without her boots showing #1667/2000. Got the album Tuesday & the deluxe cd bundle Friday. Awesome week. Love the music & the pictures!!!!
That's the one I got, as well. (Forgot to say, earlier.) To be honest, I really wanted the other one... the lithograph with the head scarf and with her boots showing, but I'm still thrilled with the entire package except I can't get my digital album download from Warner Bros. to go into my iTunes library. I didn't have a problem with the individual song downloads so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by rockalittle; 10-07-2014 at 03:25 PM..
Old 10-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just opened my photobook and litho! Gorgeous! I got the litho with the wild hair (Yay! ~ It's the one I wanted) and it is numbered at 800/2000.

All the photographs within the photo and lyric book are exquisite and even though we've already seen most of them, they just POP off the page and are stunning! I think the IYWML and Belle Fleur photos (like in the vinyl liner notes - just without the words sprawled all over) are still my favorites...and I LOVEEEEEEEEE the one of her doing splits on the floor where you see her reflection in that same mirror from the "Talk To Me" video!!!

I haven't played the CD yet, but can't wait to download it. It should sound so much better than the vinyl and digital downloads, right?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

I got the frizzy hair litho. 695/2000 So wanted the bonnet! With cigarette. I don't care. At this price we should have gotten a choice.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Did you feel like there were many other pictures in the photo book that would have made a much nicer litho? That was my thought. I ordered at the very beginning before we knew what the pictures would be, and if I'd known I might not have bothered. Also, as you said, the quality is so bad, so grainy and blurry. And...did anyone else feel a little miffed that for $71 the CD didn't come in a hard jewel case? I understand they must have chosen the micro thin cardboard option to fit in with the slim packaging for the photo book, but I'd really have preferred something that would provide a measure of protection. Sorry to come across as so negative, just not feeling like I got my money's worth. Kind of wish I'd just gone with the CD or CD/book option. I'll go listen to the music now and enjoy it and try to dwell on the positive... Hee hee, thanks for listening, I'm glad we had this talk.
Would have loved the litho to be the photo from the book across from the lyrics to 'If You Were My Love'. I know she's selling that larger at the show, but it's my favorite right now. I had trouble with getting the book out of the cover for the book. Bent some page ends prying it out. But all in all I think it's good quality paper and such.

Haha, looking at the tiny polaroids I think it 's a good thing Stevie had 'the uniform'. Some of her clothing choices... well, love her anyway.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got the litho with the hood - 1557 I think.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
I got the frizzy hair litho. 695/2000 So wanted the bonnet! With cigarette. I don't care. At this price we should have gotten a choice.
Agree about getting a choice! If I'm not mistaken at some point I believe they offered a choice? I had already ordered back before there was even a photo and they were saying just one litho... Not fair that some of us rushed to order and then they introduce a second litho... I missed out on the special IYD DVD stuff so I really wanted this!

Dumb question but the frizzy hair one- is the the one with the cigarette? I got the other and I like it better in person, I admit, but I originally was hoping for the other. Now people keep making this cigarette reference and I'm not seeing it in mine but don't have a clear enough view of the other? Someone have a good picture of their "frizzy hair" litho? Just curious.

Also wondering- who else ordered earlier when only one litho was available? Did all of us who did get the boots and bonnet one then? I sort of figured we would. And if it matters, while I put mine back in the tube until I get a frame, I believe mine is 1741.

Agree also that there's a number of images in the photo book I would LOVE to have had! Either way, I'm framing mine- anyone know the measurements? I'm afraid to handle mine too much! Have a 12x12 photo I took at the Detroit show last year that's an awesome close up of Stevie (I had a really awesome seat and a new camera!)I've also been meaning to frame. So guess I'm probably good on Stevie photos either way. But wouldn't it be awesome if a couple of the other photos from the photo books were made into posters or something perhaps if she does a solo tour? Any word on a possible tour for this album? Seems like such crazy timing and if a new Mac album happens then I assume they'll be recording after the tour is done, not sure that leaves any time for a solo Stevie show? I've never had the pleasure of seeing Stevie solo, so I'm hoping!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I got the litho with the hood - 1557 I think.
Wanna trade?
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Agree about getting a choice! If I'm not mistaken at some point I believe they offered a choice? I had already ordered back before there was even a photo and they were saying just one litho... Not fair that some of us rushed to order and then they introduce a second litho... I missed out on the special IYD DVD stuff so I really wanted this!

Dumb question but the frizzy hair one- is the the one with the cigarette? I got the other and I like it better in person, I admit, but I originally was hoping for the other. Now people keep making this cigarette reference and I'm not seeing it in mine but don't have a clear enough view of the other? Someone have a good picture of their "frizzy hair" litho? Just curious.

Also wondering- who else ordered earlier when only one litho was available? Did all of us who did get the boots and bonnet one then? I sort of figured we would. And if it matters, while I put mine back in the tube until I get a frame, I believe mine is 1741.

Agree also that there's a number of images in the photo book I would LOVE to have had! Either way, I'm framing mine- anyone know the measurements? I'm afraid to handle mine too much! Have a 12x12 photo I took at the Detroit show last year that's an awesome close up of Stevie (I had a really awesome seat and a new camera!)I've also been meaning to frame. So guess I'm probably good on Stevie photos either way. But wouldn't it be awesome if a couple of the other photos from the photo books were made into posters or something perhaps if she does a solo tour? Any word on a possible tour for this album? Seems like such crazy timing and if a new Mac album happens then I assume they'll be recording after the tour is done, not sure that leaves any time for a solo Stevie show? I've never had the pleasure of seeing Stevie solo, so I'm hoping!
I ordered when just one was offered.

The frizzy hair, you can't see the cig cause her arm was moving and it's like she has no hand there.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I haven't played the CD yet, but can't wait to download it. It should sound so much better than the vinyl and digital downloads, right?
I'm not an audio expert but pretty sure CD and digital download should sound about the same- both are digital at least. Vinyl of course is analog but its uh, up for debate and probably mostly personal preference on whether analog or digital, CD or vinyl sounds best. Personally I was thrilled for a vinyl release though new vinyl is a tough one sound-wise (thought 24KG was a better vinyl pressing than many new vinyl releases but also weirdly loud). But if we're talking Rumours or Bella Donna for example, I personally prefer the vinyl sound any day. Like I said though, that's really a personal preference. If I'm not mistaken virtually all music is originally recorded digitally these days, used to be that analog was actually closer to the original. Basically if you're really curious about the subject try googling something like "does vinyl sound best?" And read a few articles, from what I've seen its a lot of personal preference and nostalgia and whatever but there's a significant camp of people who prefer vinyl. There's just not many record pressing plants left or many people who know how to even properly press a record these days so vinyl quality is more all over the place than back in the 80s or before.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sooooo love the image in the photobook that goes with lyrics for "She Loves Him Still"!!!

I love her "ashtray" with all the ciggie butts...and the pile of "green stuff" that's next to them...which coincides with the blue pipe bowl she has in her right hand!!!

Surely Stevie noticed this when putting this photobook together...and probably figured, "F*ck it! It was what it was!"
Old 10-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
I ordered when just one was offered.

The frizzy hair, you can't see the cig cause her arm was moving and it's like she has no hand there.
Interesting. So sounds like we all just got whatever they grabbed with our orders. Thanks for clarifying the cigarette thing too.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I sooooo love the image in the photobook that goes with lyrics for "She Loves Him Still"!!!

I love her "ashtray" with all the ciggie butts...and the pile of "green stuff" that's next to them...which coincides with the blue pipe bowl she has in her right hand!!!

Surely Stevie noticed this when putting this photobook together...and probably figured, "F*ck it! It was what it was!"
Haha! I had to open my book up and study the photo to even notice. You can hardly see the pipe, took me two close viewings even after reading your comment to see it! But the look in her eyes makes more sense... Debateable if that's "green stuff" unless your book has a different image quality than mine. Funny because that shot stands out, doesn't look like a "selfie" or as posed- seems more candid like someone else had grabbed her camera and surprised her? Might further explain the ashtray and pipe? As a smoker, I'm impressed by how few butts are in that ashtray contrary to your assessment. Lol! Then again you probably smoke less tobacco when surrounded by "green stuff".

for even catching that so I don't feel totally alone analyzing the photos. Reminds me of when I first got Enchanted and used to sit and pour through the photos. May have to browse those again soon. But the candidness of this particular shot was kind of fun, makes you want to know the story behind it. Like if someone else did take it, who?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
And...did anyone else feel a little miffed that for $71 the CD didn't come in a hard jewel case? I understand they must have chosen the micro thin cardboard option to fit in with the slim packaging for the photo book, but I'd really have preferred something that would provide a measure of protection. Sorry to come across as so negative, just not feeling like I got my money's worth.
Yes, I haaaaate the cardboard CD case trend! Several albums I've bought in the last year are also in cardboard cases and at least this one isn't gatefold- those ones the CD gets stuck and I feel like I'm going to damage it just to get it out each and every time. With that said, cardboard is going to damage the CD. Right after pulling my CD out the first time to play it, I flipped it over, it already had two marks that pretty obviously are from it being dragged against the cardboard. No way around that either. And I don't currently have a working computer or I would've just burned a copy and played that. Thankful for the digital download should anything happen to my CD.

With that said, I love the album and while I got the litho I didnt think I wanted, I don't know if its the blurriness or what but I liked the image better than expected but was surprised by the prit quality. I love Stevie and frankly wish I could've just handed her my $100 instead of supporting a record company that clearly did what they could to wring as much cash out of us as possible. I didnt even want a CD really. Vinyl with digital download wouldve met all my needs but of course I wanted the photo book and the litho pulled me in. Smart mve n their part- I said this last week too (so you're not the first to complain!) but come on, most people who are actively listening to vinyl these days are very into their music, and exactly the sort who want all the bells and whistles. I mean part of the joy of vinyl is the big beautiful case and album art and liner notes, so of course vinyl fans want the photo book and litho too but they only put those with the CD... Vinyl sales are higher now than when they started tracking them in the early 90s and CD sales are of course way down. Whoever put this all together obviously knew what they were doing. And gosh the $12ish shipping price on top of it all? Could've bought the vinyl from Amazon and saved a ton of money and gotten free shipping. So yeah, I'm glad I preordered long enough ago that the only way to look at it now is that its money spent but if I knew then what I do now? I don't know what I would've bought.

All of that said I've had the CD on repeat all evening and I'm very, very happy to have it.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just opened my photobook and litho! Gorgeous! I got the litho with the wild hair (Yay! ~ It's the one I wanted) and it is numbered at 800/2000.

All the photographs within the photo and lyric book are exquisite and even though we've already seen most of them, they just POP off the page and are stunning! I think the IYWML and Belle Fleur photos (like in the vinyl liner notes - just without the words sprawled all over) are still my favorites...and I LOVEEEEEEEEE the one of her doing splits on the floor where you see her reflection in that same mirror from the "Talk To Me" video!!!

I actually wish they popped off the page more..a lot of them are just murky or way over lit (or futzed with in photoshop for the book-- for example aside from the obviously "golden-ized" ones several have very yellowy quality that gets annoying) and a lot are too washed out.

Re: the splits one, it took me a minute to notice the cigarette in her hand and the ashtray of butts…along with the silver shoe wedged in to hold the round mirror in place.

she looks like a pirate on the back cover…

I really like a lot about the Lady pic, but she does look rather sweaty and coked.

In the 1st polaroid collage I love the one with Sharon and Lori in black and Lori on the floor.

In the 2nd polaroid collage I wanna know who the guy is she's cuddling with in the top right...

Does anyone else's book smell funky? Mine has a weird, not quite cigarette smell, but definitely nastier than the usual print/ink smell. Weird.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Haha! I had to open my book up and study the photo to even notice. You can hardly see the pipe, took me two close viewings even after reading your comment to see it! But the look in her eyes makes more sense... Debateable if that's "green stuff" unless your book has a different image quality than mine. Funny because that shot stands out, doesn't look like a "selfie" or as posed- seems more candid like someone else had grabbed her camera and surprised her? Might further explain the ashtray and pipe? As a smoker, I'm impressed by how few butts are in that ashtray contrary to your assessment. Lol! Then again you probably smoke less tobacco when surrounded by "green stuff".

for even catching that so I don't feel totally alone analyzing the photos. Reminds me of when I first got Enchanted and used to sit and pour through the photos. May have to browse those again soon. But the candidness of this particular shot was kind of fun, makes you want to know the story behind it. Like if someone else did take it, who?

credits in the booklet say pics were taken by Stevie, Sharon, and Mary