The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

CD/Photobook and litho number 662 arrived today (on the east coast). Thrilled with the litho... thrilled with it all.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know where the hell mine is. Deluxe CD and pic book ordered thru Warner Canada.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Don't know where the hell mine is. Deluxe CD and pic book ordered thru Warner Canada.
Don't know where the Hell mine is either. It shipped from Nashville on Thursday. I LIVE in Nashville. 4 days in the same f**king city and it's still not here. Betcha it's lost.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mine arrived today. The booklet is niiice!
The litho blows. I knew I'd get the washer woman/Virginia Slims litho.
I'm going to sell it.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Don't know where the Hell mine is either. It shipped from Nashville on Thursday. I LIVE in Nashville. 4 days in the same f**king city and it's still not here. Betcha it's lost.
I'm in between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Mine also shipped Thursday and went from Nashville to Atlanta to Chattanooga and finally to my local postal morons today. (I'm still livid about the rain thing!) I could have made the trip to Nashville in two hours, had lunch at Margaritaville, shopped at Opry Mills, picked up my cd and still have made it home before dark! Lol!!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mine arrived today. I ordered 2. When I ordered there was a drop down option to choose a litho so I thought I was ordering one of each but when they arrived I got 2 of the same. Kinda bummed because I thought I was gonna get both. The order form was misleading that way. That and the quality of the litho is crap. I would try to contact them but I feel it wouldn't matter. I'll just sell one set. And probably the other litho too because the quality is so bad I don't even want to frame it.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Ledgie

Default #639 / 2000

I must have gotten the one that doesn't 'suck'

(no cigarette)
Old 10-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain of Chains View Post
I must have gotten the one that doesn't 'suck'

(no cigarette)
That's a matter of opinion. I actually prefer the one with the cig and NOT the one with the frizzy hair. Even tho she's holding a cig, it has a classier look to me. I hung it in the livingroom. Not sure I'd have done that if I got the frizzy hair one.

I think the quality of the litho is great. It's bigger than I thought, and it's on nice, thick paper.

Jamie
Old 10-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
Mine arrived today. I ordered 2. When I ordered there was a drop down option to choose a litho so I thought I was ordering one of each but when they arrived I got 2 of the same. Kinda bummed because I thought I was gonna get both. The order form was misleading that way. That and the quality of the litho is crap. I would try to contact them but I feel it wouldn't matter. I'll just sell one set. And probably the other litho too because the quality is so bad I don't even want to frame it.
Did you feel like there were many other pictures in the photo book that would have made a much nicer litho? That was my thought. I ordered at the very beginning before we knew what the pictures would be, and if I'd known I might not have bothered. Also, as you said, the quality is so bad, so grainy and blurry. And...did anyone else feel a little miffed that for $71 the CD didn't come in a hard jewel case? I understand they must have chosen the micro thin cardboard option to fit in with the slim packaging for the photo book, but I'd really have preferred something that would provide a measure of protection. Sorry to come across as so negative, just not feeling like I got my money's worth. Kind of wish I'd just gone with the CD or CD/book option. I'll go listen to the music now and enjoy it and try to dwell on the positive... Hee hee, thanks for listening, I'm glad we had this talk.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
I got the one without the cigarette, without her boots showing #1667/2000.
I got the same one 463/2000. I've just been staring at the photobook. "So beautiful..." Also in the liner notes I'm amazed at the great musicians she managed to corral together in such a short period of time.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
The other one has the cigarette too, but she's moving her arm so it's even more blurry.
For a minute I thought it had been airbrushed out. But you're right. It's definitely there. The effect is pretty cool.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

for those who got the litho, remind me, is it signed and numbered by her? just numbered by her? just hand numbered by somebody but not her?

I hemmed and hawed and finally just got the cd/book bundle. I'm glad now I did. Like someone else said, I wasn't knocked out by the book. The pics are very grainy and while that adds a certain artistic something to a few of the photos, it doesn't help the others. Not sure what can be done technically these days to sharpen up old Polaroids… but Dashut has his old Polaroids on his tumblr and some of those are vividly colored and pretty sharp. I actually was disappointed that her book didn't have the photos on glossier paper instead of that thick, dull matte paper. Glossy works soooo much better for photos.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-07-2014 at 10:45 AM..
Old 10-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
for those who got the litho, remind me, is it signed and numbered by her? just numbered by her? just hand numbered by somebody but not her?

I hemmed and hawed and finally just got the cd/book bundle. I'm glad now I did. Like someone else said, I wasn't knocked out by the book. The pics are very grainy and while that adds a certain artistic something to a few of the photos, it doesn't help the others. Not sure what can be done technically these days to sharpen up old Polaroids… but Dashut has his old Polaroids on his tumblr and some of those are vividly colored and pretty sharp. I actually was disappointed that her book didn't have the photos on glossier paper instead of that thick, dull matte paper. Glossy works soooo much better for photos.
No signature, there is a penciled number out of 2000 down in the corner. (I suppose done by "somebody")
Old 10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Ledgie

Ordered mine a while back, got an email last week saying shipment delayed in the UK, should be dispatched Monday. Still no email confirming dispatch as of today, got the digital album, but grrr!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know who did the numbering. Mine is 1104.

Michele