Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pre-Order Frustration with Warner Brothers

All I wanted to do is purchase the vinyl album of 24 Karat Gold, along with the Deluxe bundle. Simple enough, right?

After several attempts, and several cancellation emails, I tried to order it on Amazon, which appears to just route it to Warner Brothers. Thus, I just received another cancellation notice. What the fu*k is going on?

At this point, I have no idea if I'm going to receive anything! I've never experienced this level of ineptness before. Of course, Warner Brothers, or Wiener Brothers, as I now refer to them, doesn't provide phone customer service. I just sent them an email, but have no confidence that I'll get any help from them. This really sucks! Not to mention it's no help to the marketing effort to sell her album.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
All I wanted to do is purchase the vinyl album of 24 Karat Gold, along with the Deluxe bundle. Simple enough, right?

After several attempts, and several cancellation emails, I tried to order it on Amazon, which appears to just route it to Warner Brothers. Thus, I just received another cancellation notice. What the fu*k is going on?

At this point, I have no idea if I'm going to receive anything! I've never experienced this level of ineptness before. Of course, Warner Brothers, or Wiener Brothers, as I now refer to them, doesn't provide phone customer service. I just sent them an email, but have no confidence that I'll get any help from them. This really sucks! Not to mention it's no help to the marketing effort to sell her album.
Warner will re-authorize your payment ever week or so until it ships. If at *any time* the funds are not available, they will cancel the order. This has happened to some other people, so it's just a thought.

Music Direct has the vinyl, too.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-244948-...vault-2lp.aspx
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Warner will re-authorize your payment ever week or so until it ships. If at *any time* the funds are not available, they will cancel the order. This has happened to some other people, so it's just a thought.

Music Direct has the vinyl, too.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-244948-...vault-2lp.aspx
This is so annoying. I don't see why they don't just process the payment now.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The answer is simple - make sure you have the money in the bank.

Or use PayPal, where you will know FOR SURE that the money has been transferred just the one and only time.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This is so annoying. I don't see why they don't just process the payment now.
mine processed right away.
i ordered from the US site.
paid with regular credit card deets ... via visa
guess it depends on your bank
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You are richer...

I tried to purchase all of the deluxe bs the first day and was unable to do so and blocked and whatever. Then it dawned on me that I fell in love with a voice. I pre-purchased from iTunes and I live in peace knowing that I will hear the voice I love and the rest of my money is in my bank account.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Money is not an issue for me; my bank account is healthy! I'm just worried; I want confirmation that I'm going to receive what I ordered. I hope to get a response to my email. Otherwise I will hound them as much as I can. This bull**** is just unacceptable. I never had to deal with a re-authorization process.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-27-2014 at 11:18 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

They keep debiting and crediting my checking account and it's really annoying. Just take the money out. Hard to keep track of your balance when you have to remember to keep over 70 bucks in there. Yeah, I'm a down to a dollar kind of bank person.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

As Karma said, its their asinine pre-authorization process. I just got mine settled because they canceled mine two days before my pay day. The money was there when I placed the order, an unexpected bill popped up so the balance on my checking account went down, they popped another preauthorization a few days later and bam cancellation of order email. I have the bundle with the limited number of lithographs so I was ticked! But luckily come pay day I put the almost 80 dollars into my second checking account so it wouldn't get touched and they could do their pre-authorization every week until it ships. Problem solved. But its such an inconvenience to us the consumer. I understand your frustration trust me.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxEpiscopalian View Post
As Karma said, its their asinine pre-authorization process. I just got mine settled because they canceled mine two days before my pay day. The money was there when I placed the order, an unexpected bill popped up so the balance on my checking account went down, they popped another preauthorization a few days later and bam cancellation of order email. I have the bundle with the limited number of lithographs so I was ticked! But luckily come pay day I put the almost 80 dollars into my second checking account so it wouldn't get touched and they could do their pre-authorization every week until it ships. Problem solved. But its such an inconvenience to us the consumer. I understand your frustration trust me.
I'm still confused.What do I have to do assure my order is going through? Just wait? As I said, I have plenty of money in my checking account.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
mine processed right away.
i ordered from the US site.
paid with regular credit card deets ... via visa
guess it depends on your bank
Please don't gloat!

That should have been my experience.I have no f*cking idea the status of my order. This is such bull****.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-30-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please don't gloat!

That should have been my experience.I have f*cking idea the status of my order. This is such bull****.

just stating an experience
my bank is VERY on the ball with my transactions
but i shop so much online that they don't worry about me too much anymore

i would second the paypal option. but i don't remember having that option when checking out at WB. you can link your credit or savings account or just regularly keep $$ in the paypal account and you'd have no probs

you will get your order. think positive please.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i would second the paypal option. but i don't remember having that option when checking out at WB. you can link your credit or savings account or just regularly keep $$ in the paypal account and you'd have no probs

I want to stay positive, but I have no reason to do so. I just made several attempts to message them through their customer service email, and all attempts failed. It's so ****ing ridiculous. I've been so frustrated, stressed and never had to work so hard to make an online purchase. This is so wrong! I feel like a helpless ****ing idiot! Thanks a lot Warner Douche Bag Brothers. It's been so great to be unable to do business or communicate with you.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-30-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can understand the frustration BS with WBM .Atlease they should let the costumers know whats going on with their orders.

I worked at a couple of fulfillment centers over the years that done fulfillment work for big name companies and there were alot of screw ups on orders with office typo errors.I would not put it past WBM with those problems.

They waited to last minute to strike my CC the day they shipped my IYD DVD package.
My CC want through the process fine the day I ordered the IYD DVD and 24K Gold album.

I check my transactions last week as I payed up my CC bill and there was no charges of the $105 and change for Stevie's new 24K Gold album which was purchased before my CC closing date.

I dont understand their way of conducting sales there.Nevermind holding on to my CC numbers for that length of time .

I rather go back the old way like when the music arrives at the record shop instead of this internet and mail order routine.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Are you sure? It really has nothing to do with the bank. WB sends a pre auth to your bank which then stays on your account for a few days, but then drops off since WB doesn't finish the transaction. Then WB submits another pre auth the next week.