User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think she's able to play it anymore, and that would be a tough one to do with tracks.
Oh—if that’s the issue, no problem: these days, at any Mac show, there is an army of backup musicians filling in most of the sound anyway....
Old 12-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Maybe part of it is because I hate the word daddy.

I remember being around 5 years old, and I called my Dad daddy, and he got all over me about how I was never to call him daddy. Yeah, he was an a*shole.

Maybe I hate it for reasons unknown...
I am sorry if I unearthed deep and personal issues with the word Daddy. Its very possible that is why you hate it. Now I feel guilt and will drop the issue.

Many years ago I worked with this guy who hated pizza. I told him that he was the only person I ever met that hated pizza. The smell made him nauseous and I would repeatedly tease him when the larger group was deciding where to go for lunch when we had pizza. I found out from someone else later that his dad was a strict disciplinarian and as a child he ate some cheese that his mom bought. His dad was angry and made him eat a ton of cheese till he threw up. From that day forward the smell of cheese brought back this childhood trauma
Now I feel guilt towards you like I did to my other friend
Old 12-25-2020, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am sorry if I unearthed deep and personal issues with the word Daddy. Its very possible that is why you hate it. Now I feel guilt and will drop the issue.

Many years ago I worked with this guy who hated pizza. I told him that he was the only person I ever met that hated pizza. The smell made him nauseous and I would repeatedly tease him when the larger group was deciding where to go for lunch when we had pizza. I found out from someone else later that his dad was a strict disciplinarian and as a child he ate some cheese that his mom bought. His dad was angry and made him eat a ton of cheese till he threw up. From that day forward the smell of cheese brought back this childhood trauma
Now I feel guilt towards you like I did to my other friend
Oh god no. Please don't stop!

Life deals us adversity. You either let that baggage drag you down into the gutter, or you learn how to let it go. Believe me, it's gone. I've overcome every obstacle life has ever thrown at me.

You're one of my favorite Ledgies, and I always enjoy our exchanges. Seriously. Happy holidays!

Man, that Oh Daddy is a snoozefest! Change my mind!
Old 12-25-2020, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh—if that’s the issue, no problem: these days, at any Mac show, there is an army of backup musicians filling in most of the sound anyway....
Yeah, but that makes it an admission that she can no longer do it.

When BuckVie played Hold Me, there's virtually NO WAY she was playing the piano part. Her hands weren't moving with the notes. It was tracks. She mostly just holds organ chords these days.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but that makes it an admission that she can no longer do it.

When BuckVie played Hold Me, there's virtually NO WAY she was playing the piano part. Her hands weren't moving with the notes. It was tracks. She mostly just holds organ chords these days.
Well, she played some Sonny Thompson-style piano in her “Songbird” Doc, and did some cool piano improv in the BuckVie doc. So, there’s no doubt she CAN still play. But it appears she’d rather farm out the task, probably due to stamina issues...
Old 12-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Your mind is made up, so what’s the point? Just know that song means A LOT to some of us.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Your mind is made up, so what’s the point? Just know that song means A LOT to some of us.
Because Macfan wants to stop trying to persuade me, because of a sensitive issue. It WAS a sensitive issue. It ain't now.

Think About Me is the greatest FM song of all time...
Prove me wrong.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Oh god no. Please don't stop!

Life deals us adversity. You either let that baggage drag you down into the gutter, or you learn how to let it go. Believe me, it's gone. I've overcome every obstacle life has ever thrown at me.

You're one of my favorite Ledgies, and I always enjoy our exchanges. Seriously. Happy holidays!

Ok. Game on. I will try to change your mind. Let's remove the word Daddy and replace it with Stevie. It can be your personal note to Stevie...almost asking for forgiveness. It will make you change how you think about the song.

Oh Stevie
You know you make me cry
How can you love me
I dont understand why
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
if there's been a fool around, its got to be me
Oh Stevie
You soothe me with your smile
You're letting me know
You're the best thing in my life
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
If there's been a fool around
Its got to be me
Why is Macfan4life so right when I'm so wrong
I'm so weak but you're so strong
Everything you do is just alright
And I cant walk away from you
Baby if I tried
Old 12-25-2020, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok. Game on. I will try to change your mind. Let's remove the word Daddy and replace it with Stevie. It can be your personal note to Stevie...almost asking for forgiveness. It will make you change how you think about the song.

Oh Stevie
You know you make me cry
How can you love me
I dont understand why
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
Oh Stevie
You're letting me know
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
Its got to be me
Baby if I tried
Have you hit on Homer's subconscious Stevie desire here??
Old 12-26-2020, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh Stevie
You know you make me cry
How can you love me
I dont understand why
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
Oh Stevie
You're letting me know
Oh Stevie
If I can make you see
Its got to be me
Baby if I tried
Why would I want $tevie to forgive me? For not petitioning Pfizer to stop manufacturing penicillin in the 80's?
For not getting her eyeglasses earlier in her career, so $he could see how ugly Mick and Joe Walsh were?
If anything, I've been beyond kind to her.

Happy holidaze, y'all!

PS- I finally got the screen cap of the face of the..."actress" that looks like her, yesterday. I'll have to photoshop it when I get to FL for vacation tomorrow, when I have a few minutes to shrink it with ps.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Have you hit on Homer's subconscious Stevie desire here??
My only $tevie desire(these says, now that $he's a senior citizen) is to have her wait on me in a diner, where I can tell her how $he mistreated Lindsey. Then leave her a 25c tip!
Old 12-27-2020, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Yes I agree. Can’t stand the old goat now but her songs are flawless. Love Lindsay songs as well the only one I don’t like of his is That’s enough for me just because of the screaming.
Spelling should always be checked before you tap "enter."
Old 12-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
BROWN EYES.
Glad to see I still feel the same way in 2020 as I did in 2010 and 1979.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
REALLY? REALLY???????? My niece happens to have the name Lindsay, and I type it out without thinking. You REALLY had to spend your time posting about that????? You must be such a sad, awful person.
He is actually a very long time fan and probably a decent person who has just not yet realized what a sad awful person that Stevie has become.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Sorry, who are the sad, awful people?
Let' s see maybe the one that had the person largely responsible for her own success and the architect of the classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac's sound unceremoniously fired from the band in their twilight years .I can compartmentalize and still listen to the old music when they were still great and before money , fame and grandiosity really took it's toll. Like yourself and vivfox I have been a fan since the 1970s and should be able to express my disappointment .in someone that I once idolized destroying the band that she once vowed that she would never break up.