User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
But SGCYM is clearly recorded live, it's not fine tuned enough to be a studio track with just a crowd added. Or are my ears that naive?
You know it's a studio track because the backing tracks from it are used as samples on the Soundstage DVD. Besides, other than with FM, Lindsey didn't play any live shows with a band between 1994 and 2003 (when he performed the Soundstage show).
Old 01-16-2020, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
With Down on Rodeo it sure seems like while they may have put a master track together years earlier that the cut on UTS was a discard from SYW sessions.

But SGCYM is clearly recorded live, it's not fine tuned enough to be a studio track with just a crowd added. Or are my ears that naive?

When might this have been recorded?
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind is absolutely not recorded live. What you hear are samples of sounds of little children playing - auditory allusion to the opening lyric. The song has an enormous amount of VG-8 guitar synth, they brought into orchestrate and arrange the synthesizer strings that LB played on it, Mick with overdubbed percussion and of course plenty of vari-speed vocals.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Wear You Down
Come
Try For The Sun
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Miranda
Gotta Get Away
Down On Rodeo
Bleed to Lover Her
Hit & Run
Steal Your Heart Away
My Little Demon
She Smiled Sweetly

Above is a 1999 circulated track list
Found the bootleg a few days ago on a blogspot site and discovered that the setlist was longer than the well-known one, which appears on Wikipedia. It included Wear You Down and a few others, and said that it saw the light in 2000, not 2001.
Would be really interesting a studio version of My Little Demon!!
Was Wear You Down a song from the Out Of The Cradle days? For its sound, style and rythm, it seems to be from those years, and maybe the oldest song from the Gift Of Screws bootleg.
OMG I would pay for demos of the OOTC songs!!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Would be really interesting a studio version of My Little Demon!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnySziu5kKQ
Old 05-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't search for this before!!! Thanks!!
Of course I expected something more like The Dance version -blame it on the sound of the recording-, but of course not. And once again, I have no doubts that is one of the oldest records on this demo. I guess...
Old 05-20-2020, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Thanks.

So The Dance was for money but what was "Twisted" for?

Why did Stevie choose to work with Lindsey on it?

At the time they decided to collaborate on it, did they already know (or at least expect) they would be reforming FM?
The heart of the story of "Twister" was the intense relationship between the two main characters. Nicks wrote the song "Twisted" describing that, so I can see her thinking it made sense to do it with Buckingham, as it mirrored their own intense on/off relationship.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
But other ledgies, like Steve, are more prone to twisted plots and contrivances than I
Not twisted, just common sense. The Eagles and Page/Plant had amazing success with reunions in 1994 and Smashing Pumpkins had a minor hit with “Landslide.”

OOTC tanked, “Street Angel” tanked, and Fleetwood Mac was opening for CSN or touring as part of oldies packaged tours without any of the vocalists from the classic lineup.

By the time “Time” was finished, Lindsey was already back in the picture. He makes a cameo and Neale is mentioned in the liners. “Time” was DOA. Even Dave Mason said that they knew the “Rumours” lineup was getting back together while they were making the album. Four months after its release, Mick announced he was working again with Lindsey Buckingham (which obviously had been going on for a while). A month later, Dave Mason’s bassist confirmed Fleetwood Mac had split up, followed by a statement by Mick a few weeks later. A little over a month after that, Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, and Steve Winwood (in for Lindsey) showed up at the Kentucky Derby, with Mick explaining Lindsey was at home recording. And then a week after that, “Twisted” was released. “Twisted” was released six months after “Time.”

Given the failures of OOTC and Street Angel, the failed attempt by Fleetwood Mac to relaunch without Stevie and Lindsey and not having Christine on the road, the changing of the guard at WB, the success of the Eagles and Led Zeppelin reunions, and success of Smashing Pumpkins with a Fleetwood Mac song, the wheels for a reunion were obviously in motion as early as 1995. “Twisted” was a test run for the three with the most drama between them.

THE Stephen Hopkins