User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Ledgie

Timbaland! hollah!!

Oh hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't plant that seed any anybodys head! LOL The mere thought makes me cringe!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I agree that this is the best possible news. It discredits that other thread about the compilation and farewell tour bull**** thatll last 2 years. This is they'll tour make and album and tour again. So now for the 09 tour with no new material they'll have to do some rarer ****.
I don't think a farewell tour is discredited at all. And, how much freaking longer do you think they will tour? I think they should stop now. By God, I don't want an 80 year old Stevie Nicks out there spinning around on her Rascal. They owe us a farewell tour. A nice one.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I think of 'Farewell" tours...

I'm reminded of Ozzy Osbourne 1991 "No More Tours" tour and Kiss' MULTIPLE 'Farewell' tours...And if anyone knows NEITHER have retired as was advertised ("Farewell" tour = Moneygrab)
Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
Well, if this is a "farewell" tour, making a record after the fact doesn't make sense!!

Besides, what happens if Stevie and Lindsey get sick of each other again as they have a history of doing?

WE suffer the consequences!!!

I WANT NEW MAC MUSIC but I dont want them beating the hell out of one another in the studio!!!!

I have mixed feelings. Somebody hold me
I concur given their history I would prefer they make the new album first then if they have a huge row and refuse to tour with each other no big deal IMO .However if the row is on a tour and then they refuse to make the album I would be upset..I would MUCH rather have a new album than another tour.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say, let's just let it happen. They have plans to do something next year, and that's a start.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well there is a prescedence for this when you think about it. I mean, hadnt Fleetwood Mac began recording some of Tusk when they went on the road in the summer of 1978?

Also, I'm going to make a prediction here. I really think Fleetwood Mac will not be as dumb ad the Eagles and try to completely rape the fans with ticket prices. The SYW tour top ticket was $125 if I remember, and I dont see it going above $150 for this new tour. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

Sheryl Crow Not Flying With Fleetwood Mac
Natalie Finn
Thu Jul 24, 12:14 PM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Sheryl Crow and Fleetwood Mac have stopped thinking about a shared tomorrow.

Just as frontman Lindsey Buckingham was confirming that his band's 2009 tour would proceed without the "All I Wanna Do" songstress, Crow came full circle on the rumor that she started in March, when she told a music website that she and the '70s-era hitmakers "definitely" had plans to collaborate.

"No, that was those Rumours— to quote the album," the singer-songwriter told a group of Nashville college students Wednesday at a Grammys Foundation Q&A session when asked about her future Fleetwood plans.

"I'm a huge fan and have a great relationship with Stevie [Nicks], and actually with all of them. I just absolutely adore them," added Crow, who has produced for Nicks and provided backup vocals and instrumentals for a number of tracks on the Fleetwood den mother's 2001 solo album Trouble in Shangri-La.

She also eased up on the assurances: "I think their next album may be while I'm on the road," she said. "Hopefully in the future we'll have some kind of collaboration, but not at this time."

Her comment earlier this year left Fleetwood Mac a bit puzzled, with Buckingham telling Billboard.com in March that he and his fellow bandmates were "all a little surprised" at her announcement.

But, hers "was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see," he graciously added.

Now, however, it's clear that Fleetwood Mac has decided to go its own way. Buckingham, who's heading out on a solo tour Sept. 7 in support of his upcoming album Gift of Screws, told Billboard.com yesterday that the whole Crow business "kinda got out of hand."

Although he and Nicks and the rest spoke with the Detours purveyor, the idea—which partly sprang from the band's belief that there may have been "a little too much testosterone on stage when we went out in 2003"—"just kind of lost its momentum."

Keyboardist and singer Christine McVie left the group in the late 1990s, leaving Nicks as its sole female member.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Also, I'm going to make a prediction here. I really think Fleetwood Mac will not be as dumb ad the Eagles and try to completely rape the fans with ticket prices.
Since they are now managed by the same person who was behind the Eagles' ticket price, I'm not so sure.

Michele
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Since they are now managed by the same person who was behind the Eagles' ticket price, I'm not so sure.

Michele
No doubt Azoff will try to squeeze every penny he can out of fans but I think the Eagles can get away with charging more unless Christine was to return which will never happen ..I guess the new album is almost guaranteed then given the Faustian deal the band must have signed with him.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All the press Sheryl Crow's statement made today

Crow not working with 'Fleetwood Mac' anytime soon
WZTV - Nashville,TN,USA
Taking questions from college students in Nashville as part of a Grammy Foundation event, Crow said she's a big fan of Stevie Nicks and of the group. ...

Sheryl Crow Backtracks About Working With Fleetwood Mac
By The Huffington Post News Editors
Afterward, Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham told Billboard.com, "I think we were all surprised (Crow) was announcing to the world with such certainty. We have talked about bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a ...

Music News: Nas Protests Fox News, Plus Fleetwood Mac, Miley Cyrus ...
By Robbie
Fleetwood Mac to tour in 2009, sans Christine McVie (and Sheryl Crow). New laws in Russia are set to ban emo. Saint Etienne will release a new version of "Burnt Out Car" as a single in September, as well as three different versions of ...

Fleetwood Mac Plans Tour For 2009 - Without Sheryl Crow
CJFW - Terrace,BC,Canada
Fleetwood Mac has plans to hit the road next year -- marking their first outing since 2004. Lindsey Buckingham told Billboard.com they'll start rehearsing ...

Sheryl Crow Not Flying With Fleetwood Mac
E! Online - USA
... in 2003"—"just kind of lost its momentum." Keyboardist and singer Christine McVie left the group in the late 1990s, leaving Nicks as its sole female member.

Crow: Not working with Fleetwood Mac anytime soon
Nicks has been Fleetwood Mac’s sole female member since Christine McVie left in the late ’90s. Buckingham has said the band plans to go on tour in early 2009 and follow it with an album, their first since 2003’s “Say You Will.” ...
VMVZ News - http://www.vmvz.com

Sheryl Crow's Fleetwood Mac Dreams End
By gdaysunshine(Admin)
Sheryl Crow has been booted out of Fleetwood Mac before she even had a chance to join them, according to Contact Music. Apparently, Sheryl spoke openly about being so thrilled to sing alongside Stevie Nicks when she was invited to join ...

Sheryl Crow’s Fleetwood Mac dreams dashed
By Roberta
Buckingham, who confirms Crow did meet with the members of Fleetwood Mac to discuss the possibility of touring with them, says the matter “kinda got out of hand,” telling Billboard.com the idea “just kind of lost its momentum”. ...

Sheryl Crow's Fleetwood Mac Dreams End
[link][more]
lipstick.com: celebrity news... - http://lipstick.com/

Sheryl crows fleetwood mac dreams end...
Sheryl Crow has been booted out of Fleetwood Mac before she even had a chance to join them, according to.
Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment... - http://queensspeech.com
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

I tip my hat to stevie, you biznass bizzzachie!

Look at all the press their tour is getting thanks to her pal Sheryl. Me thinks they had a plan!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
I tip my hat to stevie, you biznass bizzzachie!

Look at all the press their tour is getting thanks to her pal Sheryl. Me thinks they had a plan!

Nice work if you can get it.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default more sheryl related press

Cowell named 'Favorite Reality TV Villian
NECN - Newton,MA,USA
Sheryl Crow says she "adores" legendary rock group "Fleetwood Mac," but has no plans to cut an album with the group - at least for now. ...

Fleetwood Mac to tour, record — but without Sheryl Crow
Chicago Sun-Times - United States
Stevie Nicks (right) and John McVie perform during the Fleetwood Mac tour in 2003 in Chicago. ‘‘There was no sense we had to jump right in the studio,’’ ...

Entertainment Buzz
London Free Press - Canada
By FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES Sheryl Crow is putting the Rumours to rest: she's not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac -- not any time soon at ...

Most e-mailed stories
Fort Worth Star Telegram - Fort Worth,TX,USA
Sheryl Crow is putting the "Rumours" to rest: She’s not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac — at least not anytime soon. ...

50 Cent Suing Taco Bell, Says It Devalued His Name
Tampa Tribune - Tampa,FL,USA
"I'm a huge fan and have a great relationship with Stevie Nicks, and actually with all of them. I just absolutely adore them," Crow said during a ...

Sheryl denies Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours'
Sheryl Crow is putting the "Rumours" to rest: She's not making a record with or joining Fleetwood Mac - not anytime soon at least. "No, that was those 'Rumours' - to quote the album," she joked Wedne.
Entertainment - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=5

The CB Music Friday Flash For 07/26/08
Cinema Blend - USA
... but they will apparently be doing so without the widely rumored addition of Sheryl Crow, filling the spot vacated by Christine McVie. ...
See all stories on this topic

Last edited by vivfox; 07-25-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: uno mas
Old 07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe68 View Post

"I think the good side has been, for Stevie, she came to a point of clarity where she realized the most appropriate thing we could do as a band was to create what needs to be created in the context of the four of us.
First of all, thanks Joe68 for the article.

Back to the quote -- above -- someone help me by translating.

What the hell does that mean? What comment is he making about STevie? Did she see a burning bush on the road to Damascus?

New topic to consider --- Christine.

Christine doesn't want to be a road dog...maybe she will go into the studio with them?

Stevie was quoted as saying that Chris WOULD have made SYW, but didn't want to tour and what if Chris's songs had been the hits...?

It kind of leaves the door open for Chris to add something to the new album, but Lindsey's quote says "in the context of the four of us."

Would Stevie be more agreeable to going into the studio AFTER the tour, if Chris was going to be there?

Last edited by Betsy; 07-25-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Sounds like Linds is hinting that someone may still join the band to replace C. Vanesa Carlton anyone?

I think she would be a great addition and briong some youthful new blood into the group.

And what about Stevie's statement about no going out with FM unless anopther female was brought in? Did FM call her bluff maybe?