Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Ladyhawke interview by Drowned in Sound:

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/3727525

On being a front woman…
I’ve never been that good at putting myself out there and being the person everyone stares at, so it took me a while to get the confidence to go out there and sing out loud. I love high energy shows – I’m really influenced by people like Chrissy Hynde, Stevie Nicks, and people like Peaches. I actually enjoy Fleetwood Mac a lot, especially live. They have this whole aura about them. Sometimes my self consciousness holds me back a little bit, but when I was younger I idolised Iggy Pop and David Bowie. I loved how flamboyant Bowie was on stage. I wish I could be as confident as they were, or someone like Goldfrapp or Peaches who are really crazy and outrageous. I aspire to be like that.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Auction

Stevie Nicks Hand Painted Nail: Channel your own witchy woman when you slip this torturous-looking device on your finger. Imagine how much more satisfying your karaoke renditions of "Gypsy" and "Rhiannon" will be when wearing a little piece of Stevie. (Price: Oops --- sold, but just too good to leave out)

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/celeb...l?hpid=entnews
Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Stevie Nicks Hand Painted Nail:
I thought the nails would have pictures of Stevie on them. At the site, they have a photo of the matchbook from Stevie's wedding.

Michele
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read all 7 pages.
Very interesting reading. It is cool to read about FM in so many different media sources. Thank you for posting these.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
I just read all 7 pages.
Very interesting reading. It is cool to read about FM in so many different media sources. Thank you for posting these.
Ha, usually Mark and I just talk to each other here.

Some interesting things pop up in the dailies every once in a while, that's for sure, even if they are only tangentially related to FM.

Michele
Old 08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Australian Singer loves her some Stevie

Cameron Adams

August 02, 2008
DELTA Goodrem has picked up a habit in the US. It's cost her a pretty penny, is occupying plenty of her time and has kept her company through the long, lonely days of promoting her debut American album.

The habit: Stevie Nicks. When Goodrem is tired and promotional, she cranks up a Nicks album. She’s bought them all.
“My Stevie Nicks obsession is still going strong,” she says. “She’s so amazing. I’ve got every album she’s made. I haven’t had an artist I’ve done that with for a while. I feel like I’m a kid again with music. I feel new again. I feel that hunger to write great songs again. It’s the best thing and it’s all thanks to Stevie.”

Though Goodrem has had Fleetwood Mac foisted on her in the past by friends who wanted to introduce her to a band doing their best work before she was born, they fell on deaf ears. Until now.

“Something just clicked with me,” she says. “I don’t come from a musical background in my family, so it’s always been a process of self-discovery when I’ve found artists on my own or someone’s given me a CD. But the timing has to be right.”

Goodrem even planned a trip to see Nicks perform in Hollywood. But there was a slight problem.

“Dale (her stylist) booked it, but didn’t realise it was Hollywood, Florida, so we couldn’t go,” she says.

Listening to Nicks has awoken Goodrem’s creativity. She’s written dozens of songs, this time without a string of collaborators. Her American record label Decca has furnished her Los Angeles pad with an upright piano so she can create whenever she is inspired.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005368,00.html
Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't want to start an individual thread just to say this: Yesterday afternoon my local classic rock radio station played a double shot of Fleetwood Mac.Unbelievably they played two songs from the bootleg album Albatross, But Not Around My Neck Please, Station Man and Rhiannon. If you only knew how good it felt to hear these songs in crystal clear digital sound. It was amazing!!! And the fact that thousands of unsuspecting people were also hearing this at the same time was so cool. I pictured in my head all the people who would be calling the station asking if FM had a new live CD or whatever.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Efemérides de espectáculos del 7 de agosto.
SDP - EL Sendero del Peje - México,DF,Mexico
La tecladista y corista Christine McVie, esposa del bajista de Fleetwood Mac, John McVie, se une a dicha banda británico-estadunidense, de la cual se separa ...

1970.- La tecladista y corista Christine McVie, esposa del bajista de Fleetwood Mac, John McVie, se une a dicha banda británico-estadunidense, de la cual se separa en
1998. Publican discos como “Kiln house” y “Future games”.

http://senderodelpeje.com/sdp/conten...08/08/06/14207
Old 08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love good early Peter Green [of Fleetwood Mac] or good soulful Howlin' Wolf. [But] I just love soulful music in general, whether it's Shelby Lynne or Lucinda Williams, you really just look for the soul in any kind of music.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...7-e3ffedc5c8ea
Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default oops u missed it

Further notes from the seller — Lot Of 48 8-Track Tapes
Large lot of 8 track tapes. Total of 48. These have not been tested, but all look to be in good condition. Some were tested and working good. Sold as is. Some of the artists are: Christine Mcvie, Glen Campbell, Pat Benatar, Bill Squier, Anne Murray, Diana Ross, Eddie Rabbit, Bob Welch, UFO, Foreigner, Michael Jackson, Bobby Darin, Journey, m Lettermen, Chjic Risque, George Burns, 4 Season, Captain & Tennille, Led Zeplin, Bee Gees, Rod Stewart, Steppenwolf, Johnny Rodriguez, Paul Mauriat. Etc.

http://www.quarterinchers.com/recent...p-to-1657.html
Old 08-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ON THIS DATE
Sun-Sentinel.com - Fort Lauderdale,FL,USA
1970:Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac as the group's first female member. She quit touring with the group in 1997.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After splitting with Messina in the late '70s, Loggins was surprised to find himself in small clubs, struggling as a solo performer. Opening up for Fleetwood Mac during their turbulent, but hugely successful tours, was a break. Plus he met and befriended Stevie Nicks, who sang on his first solo hit, "Whenever I Call You Friend."

Instead of flying Nicks in for one song at each tour stop, Loggins said he splits her part between the singing members of his four-piece traveling band.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/entertai...m_messina.html

Yeah, as if he could get her involved in ANY of his show since 1979 would be a miracle!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first band I saw in concert:

Stevie Nicks, Reunion Arena in Dallas in the early '80s.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_581431.html
Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Eat Skull Interview, Revolver Distribution.

http://revolverusa.blogspot.com/2008...tion-doug.html

Do you all agree on the music in the van? What are some albums and songs Eat Skull love that most wouldn't expect?

RE: Scott puts on **** like Sun City Girls or Blue Cheer. He's a record collector and has an iPod. I prefer Rupert Holmes' "Pina Colada Song" for roadtrips. I think we all ****ing love Buckingham era Fleetwood Mac (except maybe Scott). I love all his solo albums too. None of that Peter Green **** though. The blues suck. The stereo is broken actually, so I guess we can agree on conversation. I don't know what music people wouldn't expect. I guess people might find it weird that for most of the winter, when we were writing the tunes that ended up being on the LP, all I really listened to in my room was DRI's first stuff and TSOL's Dance With Me. People might expect that another big one is GBV's Same Place The Fly Got Smashed. I have, however, never listened to the Axemen.

I am also a huge fan of Lindsay Buckingham. If Eat Skull were to cover a Fleetwood Mac or Buckingham song, which would it be?

RE: "That's How We Do It In L.A."-definitely.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
None of that Peter Green **** though. The blues suck.
Some people just are clueless...file this one under "Dumb and Dumber".

Eat Skull, eat ****!