The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Junior Ledgie

Three years ago, after a sixteen years quest, I was able to find a copy of the Donna Summer one. Do you have "The Planets"? By the way, I helped Steve Martin with many of the pictures collected at The CD+G Museum. Check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I have a CD+G player (but it's in storage right now) and from what I remember there is pics and the lyrics to the songs. It's actually pretty good but after a few plays you've basically seen it. There is also CD+G discs for Little Feat, Lou Reed, Bonnit Raitt, The Planets (Classical), Woody Guthrie, Jimi Hendrix, Imformation Society and a few others.
I don't know about a Reba disc and I think there was one for Donna Summer. I should be able to burn the images to a dvd but it will probably be a least a month before I get the player out of storage.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've so always wondered about the Mask graphics cd after I'd re-read about it in one of the old Rumours fanzines...heck at the time I was so new to collecting so getting one of those cds didn't even enter my mind back than....I tried it on my regular Mask cd thinking it had it but no luck. Would cd players play them now? And how could one find one of those Mask cds? (after all these yrs that is)...I wonder what Stevies songs look like???
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 06-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Follow the link on previous post to the CD+G Museum. Almost 95% of Behind The Mask are still encoded. Or, using the guide on the CD+G Museum, you can identify if your copy is encoded. If you have access to an old console game, or a Karaoke machine, you are set. Or if your CD or DVD drive can read the graphic subcodes (you can find out with Nero Info, a free tool), then rip the CD to a bin file with CDRWIN (one of many tools). The there is a free CD+G player for the PC that plays the bin file for you. Also, I have rips of Behind The Mask that have been converted to ipod video format. So, when I am doing cardio, I watch my CD+G collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I've so always wondered about the Mask graphics cd after I'd re-read about it in one of the old Rumours fanzines...heck at the time I was so new to collecting so getting one of those cds didn't even enter my mind back than....I tried it on my regular Mask cd thinking it had it but no luck. Would cd players play them now? And how could one find one of those Mask cds? (after all these yrs that is)...I wonder what Stevies songs look like???
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaacdi View Post
Follow the link on previous post to the CD+G Museum. Almost 95% of Behind The Mask are still encoded. Or, using the guide on the CD+G Museum, you can identify if your copy is encoded. If you have access to an old console game, or a Karaoke machine, you are set. Or if your CD or DVD drive can read the graphic subcodes (you can find out with Nero Info, a free tool), then rip the CD to a bin file with CDRWIN (one of many tools). The there is a free CD+G player for the PC that plays the bin file for you. Also, I have rips of Behind The Mask that have been converted to ipod video format. So, when I am doing cardio, I watch my CD+G collection!
Is there a way to convert it to a file type that can then be converted to an MPEG so I can burn it to a DVD?

John
Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't know Donna Summer had one. Which title is it? I do have "The Planets" and always thought it was one of the better ones that I have. Also if you look at the inner ring of the cd it will have CD+G
inscribed.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

Use Power CD+G to Video www.powerkaraoke.com. As its title says, it's a CD+G to Video Converter with AVI and MPEG as output formats.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Donna Summer

Yes, Donna Summer's Another Place And Time. This is one of those titles that was released as CD+G in a very limited quantity. Same for Simply Red's Picture Book. Do you have this one too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I didn't know Donna Summer had one. Which title is it? I do have "The Planets" and always thought it was one of the better ones that I have. Also if you look at the inner ring of the cd it will have CD+G
inscribed.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaacdi View Post
Use Power CD+G to Video www.powerkaraoke.com. As its title says, it's a CD+G to Video Converter with AVI and MPEG as output formats.
Great! Thanks for this.

The thing is, I don't forsee buying any other CD+G discs beyond BTM so I hope not to buy this for $40 just to convert the BTM graphics to mpeg.

So do you know if the trial version of PCD+GTV is fully functional for a while (i.e. will it allow me to convet just this one album) or, are there functional restrictions on the free trial version (i.e. will it only convert like half of each song to mpeg or put a watermark on the mpegs I make until I spend the $40 etc.)?

John
Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have either one of those. I do remember seeing a clip on TV where they said they had been secretly including graphics to cds for a while and they showed the Donna Summer one but I couldn't tell which disc it was. I think I have that cd but not sure if it's the one with graphics though. I'll check when I get home. Right off I don't have a complete list of the ones I have but I think there is at least a dozen. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Great! Thanks for this.

The thing is, I don't forsee buying any other CD+G discs beyond BTM so I hope not to buy this for $40 just to convert the BTM graphics to mpeg.

So do you know if the trial version of PCD+GTV is fully functional for a while (i.e. will it allow me to convet just this one album) or, are there functional restrictions on the free trial version (i.e. will it only convert like half of each song to mpeg or put a watermark on the mpegs I make until I spend the $40 etc.)?

John
Well, I tried the trial version and it converts just the first minute of each track and has a watermark throughout the minute.

So if anyone does buy this & has a copy of BTM they can rip/convert to MPEG, let me know & we'll work out either a disc trade or an upload trade. Just one request, I'm a full screen kind of guy so if the border could be zero that'd be prefered.

John
Old 06-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've ripped and posted the different songs/videos to YouTube.

Skies the Limit
Love is Dangerous
In the Back of My Mind
Do You Know
Save Me
Affairs of the Heart
When the Sun Goes Down
Behind the Mask
Stand on the Rock
Hard Feelings
Freedom
When It Comes to Love
The Second Time

I still have the original files, but they're in .mov format and might not translate very well to something the size of a TV. I can upload those if you'd like, or I can try to get a larger video output. The original video size I had was quite small, though, so I don't know how the quality of those would turn out.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison View Post

Skies the Limit
Love is Dangerous
In the Back of My Mind
Do You Know
Save Me
Affairs of the Heart
When the Sun Goes Down
Behind the Mask
Stand on the Rock
Hard Feelings
Freedom
When It Comes to Love
The Second Time

I still have the original files, but they're in .mov format and might not translate very well to something the size of a TV. I can upload those if you'd like, or I can try to get a larger video output. The original video size I had was quite small, though, so I don't know how the quality of those would turn out.
Thanks very much oaacdi & DeadliestPoison!

John
Old 06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Greg! These are great.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison View Post
Thank you for posting these! Its hard to believe this passed as "technology" not all that long ago.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks DP...it's always fun to rewatch these vids...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64