User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Between alimony, child support, and lawsuits.....Mick may need to get some session work when the tour ends
HAHAHAHA Aint that the truth.
Karma's a b!tch Mick
Old 10-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”

Just putting this quote here. So if this is true, he DID want to delay the tour so this must have been another item on her list of complaints. Funny he forgot to mention this to the RS reporter...and that means the rest of the band did not lie in their initial statement doesn’t it?
A three-month delay! The horror... the horror...

Yet it was portrayed by Stevie here as a year-long delay, which is now pretty clearly spin.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
They said he wanted to delay it a whole year rather than four months. Also, they make it sound like he outright refused to compromise, outright refused to agree to their timeline, when we know that's not the case.

Sorry, they still lied.

If they wanted to be truthful about "scheduling issues" they would have said: "he asked for four months. We said no. He accepted that and tried to find another way so that Fleetwood Mac could tour on the timeline we wanted."

Of course, that wouldn't make Lindsey sound unreasonable, and wouldn't make him look bad, so they had to "massage" the truth.

I really hope that even if you support Stevie, you aren't supportive of deceit.
I think he is being just as deceitful. And many fans here were claiming he never tried to delay. We’ll continue to disagree.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
A three-month delay! The horror... the horror...

Yet it was portrayed by Stevie here as a year-long delay, which is now pretty clearly spin.
Or his saying November if this year is his spin. Remember much of the fans were denying he ever wanted a delay at all. Now we find he did.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Or his saying November if this year is his spin. Remember much of the fans were denying he ever wanted a delay at all. Now we find he did.
Why do you keep bring up what some of his fans thought when we are discussing deceit? He has no control over that. Plus, those fans were in the minority. Far more guessed rightly - that after initially requesting a short delay and getting rebuffed, he went for the concurrent tour. I know that is what I thought after hearing what people close to the band were saying.

Regardless, what we are talking about is whether or not the band members themselves are bring honest.

Old 10-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
This is at least the second time you've mentioned that "many fans" believed he didn't ask for a delay. What on earth does that have to do with what was actually said between members of the band and the decisions that were made thereafter? It's completely irrelevant.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why do you keep bring up what some of his fans thought when we are discussing deceit? He has no control over that. Plus, those fans were in the minority. Far more guessed rightly - that after initially requesting a short delay and getting rebuffed, he went for the concurrent tour. I know that is what I thought after hearing what people close to the band were saying.

Regardless, what we are talking about is whether or not the band members themselves are bring honest.
I bring it up because people here were not saying the rest of the band was telling half-truths, as some are saying now, they were saying the band was outright lying. Which I don’t think is the case.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly. At least that's what I thought happened. They wouldn't have mentioned a delay if it had never once been an option. It's like telling a half truth. You only say part of what happened and conveniently just not mention the rest of it.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I bring it up because people here were not saying the rest of the band was telling half-truths, as some are saying now, they were saying the band was outright lying. Which I don’t think is the case.
Stevie implied in the RS interview that Lindsey wanted a delay of 1 year, so that was a lie. Funny how the band ended up starting 2 months later than planned because they fired Lindsey? So I guess delays of a few months aren't that big of a deal?

https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp...efore-ousting/

Singer Stevie Nicks tells Rolling Stone that Buckingham wanted to delay the band's upcoming world tour until the fall of 2019 — more than a year from the trek's current start date — but the rest of the band wasn't interested in waiting.

Nicks says she was going to keep busy one way or another, even after a lengthy solo tour.

"We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019]," Nicks said. "That's a long time. I just did 70 shows. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don't want to stop playing music. We don't have anything else to do. This is what we do."
Old 10-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham is done waiting for Fleetwood Mac to cough up money he says he's owed ... so the former lead guitarist for the group is suing his old bandmates for dropping him and, more importantly, not paying him.

In the suit, Lindsey says he and the rest of the legendary band signed a deal with Live Nation for a 60-show tour over 2 years. They were reportedly supposed to make about $14 million each.

As we reported, though, Lindsey was kicked out before the band started its North American tour. Remember, Mac classics like "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Stop" are largely Lindsey jams ... with him singing the lead and playing lead guitar.

But, Lindsey's issue isn't sentimental ... it's financial. He tells TMZ ... "Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents."

Lindsey is suing the band and each individual member for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. Translation: You guys owe me money, and it's time to pay.

Mick Fleetwood made it clear to us back in May, Lindsey is not welcome back. He's been replaced on the tour by Mike Campbell from Tom Petty's Heartbreakers and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/11/fleetw...farewell-tour/
Old 10-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Lindsey Buckingham is done waiting for Fleetwood Mac to cough up money he says he's owed ... so the former lead guitarist for the group is suing his old bandmates for dropping him and, more importantly, not paying him.

In the suit, Lindsey says he and the rest of the legendary band signed a deal with Live Nation for a 60-show tour over 2 years. They were reportedly supposed to make about $14 million each.

As we reported, though, Lindsey was kicked out before the band started its North American tour. Remember, Mac classics like "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Stop" are largely Lindsey jams ... with him singing the lead and playing lead guitar.

But, Lindsey's issue isn't sentimental ... it's financial. He tells TMZ ... "Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents."

Lindsey is suing the band and each individual member for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. Translation: You guys owe me money, and it's time to pay.

Mick Fleetwood made it clear to us back in May, Lindsey is not welcome back. He's been replaced on the tour by Mike Campbell from Tom Petty's Heartbreakers and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

Not sure I understand how he could sue each individual member as well. Fourteen million is a lot of guitar strings. The other articles seem to be avoiding an ugly dollar figure.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post

I hope he gets every f*cking penny!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Not sure I understand how he could sue each individual member as well. Fourteen million is a lot of guitar strings. The other articles seem to be avoiding an ugly dollar figure.
the dollar amount is mentioned in the court docs, in which they lay out what each partner was expected to make from the tour.

$14 million is also a lot of tambourines.

Or drumsticks.

Or gas for John's boat.

Or wine.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”

Just putting this quote here. So if this is true, he DID want to delay the tour so this must have been another item on her list of complaints. Funny he forgot to mention this to the RS reporter...and that means the rest of the band did not lie in their initial statement doesn’t it?
SHE SAID TWO YEARS he wanted to delay. SHE LIES. Plus the loon constantly delays tours. please
Old 10-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope he gets every f*cking penny!
Assuming he signed the contract. However, a concurrent tour might be construed as a breach. Lindsey is going up against Azoff. Should be interesting.

THE Stephen Hopkins