Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutTheBlameOnMe View Post
I hope to god that this is true! Excited is NOT the word

I hope he does add more dates (why come to the UK just to do ONE show?!) as being so close to christmas and working in retail I'm not 100% if I'll be able to make it
Everyone this side of The Pond hopes it's true!

In fact we all need feeding - can anyone throw us some more little morsels regarding this possibility just to keep the hunger at bay and our hopes alive?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Should this wonderful news turn out to be true, has anyone any idea as to which venue he might play in London? Or any others in other cities?

Last edited by gfd1963; 08-26-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Should this wonderful news turn out to be true, has anyone any idea as to which venue he might play in London? Or any others in other cities?
Well Viv and I have our sights set on Manchester. If he does end up playing there, it's likely he'll be playing at the MEN Arena (Manchester Evening News Arena). There is the Cricket Pavilion, but that's an open air arena, which is a no right there. But then again, he does tend to steer towards the smaller venues, and MEN is rather big. Hmm...I'll have to think on that one. My living room's available. Could consider that
Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Well Viv and I have our sights set on Manchester. If he does end up playing there, it's likely he'll be playing at the MEN Arena (Manchester Evening News Arena). There is the Cricket Pavilion, but that's an open air arena, which is a no right there. But then again, he does tend to steer towards the smaller venues, and MEN is rather big. Hmm...I'll have to think on that one. My living room's available. Could consider that
No way he'd play MEN. Or rather, if he did he'd be disappointed with how empty it is on the night. I think a 2000 person venue like the Academies in all the various cities would be about the right size and intimacy.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In London maybe the Hammersmith Apollo or the Roundhouse in Camden??

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 08-26-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Old 08-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
No way he'd play MEN. Or rather, if he did he'd be disappointed with how empty it is on the night. I think a 2000 person venue like the Academies in all the various cities would be about the right size and intimacy.
That's what I was thinking. MEN I thought because he'd played with Fleetwood Mac there before (Saw them in 2009) and he was familiar with the venue. But I couldn't justify the size. I just hope he does find a nice, intimate venue close to home. We have a few small places in my home town he could play, but we're really not that lucky. Seriously....Nobody wants to come here lol.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. MEN I thought because he'd played with Fleetwood Mac there before (Saw them in 2009) and he was familiar with the venue. But I couldn't justify the size. I just hope he does find a nice, intimate venue close to home. We have a few small places in my home town he could play, but we're really not that lucky. Seriously....Nobody wants to come here lol.
I wish he could fill arenas for him but for me I'd rather see him in a tiny place. If he did Belfast I'd want him to play this venue that's pretty much just a pub but is the best in Belfast for atmosphere. Peter Green and Robert Cray both played it and they were great gigs. I'd pay big bucks to see Lindsey somewhere that small.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wish he could fill arenas for him but for me I'd rather see him in a tiny place. If he did Belfast I'd want him to play this venue that's pretty much just a pub but is the best in Belfast for atmosphere. Peter Green and Robert Cray both played it and they were great gigs. I'd pay big bucks to see Lindsey somewhere that small.
That does sound fantastic, actually! You'd feel so much more involved with the gig if it were so small and intimate. And to be honest with you, you'd feel less shy about offering to buy him a pint after the show if he's only five feet away from you as it is. Could you imagine having a drink with him after a show like that? Oh the yarns he would weave.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That does sound fantastic, actually! You'd feel so much more involved with the gig if it were so small and intimate. And to be honest with you, you'd feel less shy about offering to buy him a pint after the show if he's only five feet away from you as it is. Could you imagine having a drink with him after a show like that? Oh the yarns he would weave.
After a few pints he'd probably tell the big machine/small machine story to anyone who'd listen as many times as they'd listen to him saying it before screaming. I'd love to meet him. When I went to California on the GOS tour we weren't able to hang around after gigs really so did get to catch him so if he does the UK I'm going to do my darndest!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
After a few pints he'd probably tell the big machine/small machine story to anyone who'd listen as many times as they'd listen to him saying it before screaming. I'd love to meet him. When I went to California on the GOS tour we weren't able to hang around after gigs really so did get to catch him so if he does the UK I'm going to do my darndest!
And if he did tell the story, whatever fan was listening could mouth along convincingly to every word, we've heard the story so often. That as well as the whole "decline of the music industry" schpeel. I'd love to meet him too, even though we probably already know his chosen topics of conversation Viv and I intend to make sure that we get to say hi if we get to see him live. I can literally see us cornering him like a stray Dog XD Though knowing me I'd be momentarily paralysed intellectually and say something stupid like "Do you like Cheese? I don't....Wensleydale stinks......Cheddar.....That's another Cheese.....". Either that or get so excited that I scream in his face. Though I've noticed that when I'm especially excited, I've developed my own patented "Louise from Two Pints of Lager" style squeek :s That's rather disconcerting.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And if he did tell the story, whatever fan was listening could mouth along convincingly to every word, we've heard the story so often. That as well as the whole "decline of the music industry" schpeel. I'd love to meet him too, even though we probably already know his chosen topics of conversation Viv and I intend to make sure that we get to say hi if we get to see him live. I can literally see us cornering him like a stray Dog XD Though knowing me I'd be momentarily paralysed intellectually and say something stupid like "Do you like Cheese? I don't....Wensleydale stinks......Cheddar.....That's another Cheese.....". Either that or get so excited that I scream in his face. Though I've noticed that when I'm especially excited, I've developed my own patented "Louise from Two Pints of Lager" style squeek :s That's rather disconcerting.
Exactly! I'd want to come up with something interesting to say but I'd end up just coming over in a glazed smile and saying something boring like how much I like his music. Either that or now that you've said that, if I ever do meet him, the first and only thing that will spring into my mind will be to talk about cheese... Thanks!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks why I asked the question. I can't see him at the MEN but hope he does Manchester as its only 2 hours away. Newcastle would be better but as the Mac totally bypassed it on the Unleashed tour after being there in 2004 I don't hold out much hope. The City Hall there would be perfect though.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Manchester, come to Manchester! Or anywhere, really. I just want another high five from The Buck.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two possibilities for Manchester would be The Lowry or The Apollo - smaller and more intimate venues.

Last edited by McTrouble; 08-28-2011 at 01:59 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

From a sound point of view the best venue in Manchester would be the Bridgewater Hall.