Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
You don't know me too well then

I said "like that." I think the "Who do you find attractive?" thread has proven that we are mightily immature.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
A la Go Insane ?
Yes but I hope not.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, this thread has livened up the Lindsey board anyway. It was pretty slow around here.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Well, that simply reveals how childish and immature people can truly be. But, take solace in the fact that neither you or I are immature like that.
Luckily, I am. I don't think they're splitting cause of a torrid affair with Stevie, but i want someone to explain away the one piece of evidence there is, about an affair (or the desire for one?). During Destiny Rules, when Stevie told Lindsey Thrown Down was about him. Thank you that is all.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Does anyone else think the pool is in a strange place? Why would you put your pool in a shady area with large, mature trees? The landscaping is really gorgeous.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Umm sorry Patty. I have some other pages with the listing..it has his address listed so I did not post those links..don't want to list his addy on the boards. I can send you the link through email or PM if you want. The house was listed for sale on September 11, 2004 and I was thinking that about your photo just this morning. I cannot get over how beautiful the view is from this home..the only thing is, you would not even know any kids even lived here... Not a toy or swingset in sight. Beautiful grounds nonetheless.
If I had to venture a guess, I would say that no one is living in that house. JMHO.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey and Queen Fairy Farts.
Hey, Diss... why no nicknames for Liddy?
Old 11-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Hey, Diss... why no nicknames for Liddy?
I couldn't think of one right away. Gimme one, I'm all ears and have no qualms about using one.

I guess I could call him Fidget. He fidgets like a kid being weened off of ritalin.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I said "like that." I think the "Who do you find attractive?" thread has proven that we are mightily immature.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Investment? You decide.

For nineteen years, Lindsey Buckingham lived in a 4,000-square-foot hilltop house in L.A. that was distinguished less by architecture (he calls it a third-rate post-and-beam faux Neutra) than by its status as a monument to the blue-eyed, high-cheekboned Buckingham's days as a rock-icon bachelor.

"A lot of things happened up here," says the dry-witted singer/songwriter/guitarist/producer, whose recording sessions in his garage for Fleetwood Mac's mid-eighties reunion album, Tango in the Night, were so ego-charged they ended with his famous decadelong [sic] hiatus from the band. "It was crazy," he concludes.

Lindsey is fifty-four now and cozily domesticated, with a wife, Kristen; a six-year-old son, William; a four-year-old daughter, Leelee; and a third child born in April. During their preparenting days, the couple avoided the house and its ghosts of excesses past, preferring the polite luxury of the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. It was two years' worth of mounting hotel bills and the sight of a very pregnant Kristen trudging through the grand lobby that finally signaled the need for Lindsey to put his old place on the market and search for a permanent family home.

Then he heard news that changed everything: potential buyer Richard Donner, the director of the Lethal Weapon films, planned to raze the house and "make it like a castle, with subterranean parking," says Lindsey with a shudder. Suddenly his appreciation for the property and its site – a westside promontory with a spectacular view of the L.A. basin, from the beach to downtown – was renewed. "Location-wise," he says, "we couldn't have done any better."

Slouched on a sofa in Kristen's new ground-floor study, Lindsey, in faded black jeans and a softly wrinkled linen shirt, idly picks out a tune on a blond-wood Spanish guitar and recalls coming to "the conclusion we'd be better tearing it down ourselves and making something totally our own. It was great – like making an album." He laughs and then punctuates the sentence with a quick guitar-string arpeggio. "Times two."

They began in the summer of 1999. Agreeing on a look – the 1920s Mediterranean Revival style of architect Wallace Neff – was easy; getting the size and siting right was a different story. "Too big, by about 5,000 square feet" is what Lindsey remembers thinking of L.A. architect Kevin Clark's first two designs, one of which aimed the house exclusively toward the Pacific. But strategy number three succeeded beautifully by reorienting the house to incorporate sweeping vistas of the downtown skyline and the Getty Museum and by scaling back the proportions to those Neff himself might have come up with for one of his movie-colony clients.

"Back then, people didn't build houses that were out of proportion," says Kristen, a photographer by training (she met her husband on a shoot for one of his solo albums). She signed off on a final floor plan that included four bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, a study, a family room and a trio of ground-floor loggias. That last touch was partly inspired by her memories of porches in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, the small town where she was raised, and by the balmy southern California climate. "Sitting outside while you watch your kids play ball on the lawn – you can't beat it," she says.

During the months before construction began in fall 2000, the Buckinghams pored over books, met with experts and drove around southern California, checking out historic sites for details they hoped would give their new house a lived-in quality. "Kristen would say, 'How will we find an example of the way we want the stucco to look?'" Lindsey recalls. "Then we'd check out the Biltmore Hotel in Santa Barbara and say, 'Okay, this is what we want.' It became an obsession." (Over the years, the two had already applied a similarly single-minded approach to building their now-healthy collections of art, books and photographs.)

Inside the house, it's easy to pick out architectural elements in the spirit of various Mediterranean Revival styles, including arched doorways, beamed and painted ceilings and a wrought-iron railing that snakes up a curving stairway. When it comes to categorizing the decor, however, Madeline Stuart, the voluble Los Angeles-based interior and furniture designer who began collaborating with the Buckinghams in 1999, is at a loss for words.

"I'd love to come up with a name for it," admits Stuart, who grew up in a 1920s Spanish-style house in Beverly Hills and is the daughter of a producer/director father and a decorator mother whose work was favored by film stars. "Maybe something about how it lacks pretense and formality yet is comfortable and elegant."

Stuart is preoccupied with the idea that if you were to visit the home of one of her other celebrity clients – actor Jason Alexander, director Gary Ross, production executive John Goldwyn – you wouldn't detect a designer's hand. "I want people to walk in and think that everything has always been there, that it feels natural," she says.

At the Buckinghams', this means a highly dedicated eclecticism: fur-topped antler stools for watching TV in the family room; the master bedroom's 1930s leather-and-nickel chaise that, local lore has it, formerly belonged to Brad Pitt; Mexican dining chairs covered in cracked red leather around a table in the sunlight-filled kitchen; and a seashell-encrusted armoire in Leelee's room, just one of the many eccentric pieces Stuart and Kristen bid on successfully at the 2001 Christie's auction of the estate of Tony Duquette, the late L.A. decorating legend.

The vintage effect comes across so well, in fact, that it's not always easy to discern what's genuinely old and what's a custom-made Stuart/Buckingham knockoff. "If we couldn't locate it, then Madeline and I would research it and have it made," says Kristen, who found herself for the first time sketching things like drawer pulls, light fixtures and patterns for the tobacco-tinted terra-cotta floor tiles that vary slightly from room to room. "Once Kevin Clark gave us the original drawings, I just thought, I want to change this and this and this," she says. "The chance to draw something and have it built – that's amazing, really amazing. I thought, Wow, this is going to live on for years."

While Kristen has overseen the finishing touches, Lindsey's been on the road for much of the past twelve months, criss-crossing the United States, Europe and Australia with Fleetwood Mac on their "Say You Will" tour. But when he's home and walks out into the backyard, with its 280-degree view and its new swimming pool, he starts to imagine a future filled with... pool parties. "Kristen and I have always joked, 'If we build it, they will come,'" he says, gazing at the palm trees rustling overhead. "People who've been friends of mine for a long time need a place to come to reflect on the last twenty-five years of their lives. They seem to like being up here – it's so welcoming."

It's also exactly what he'd envisioned while encamped at the Four Seasons: a family place that has helped him put the past into proper perspective. Adjacent to the house, just beyond the gurgling French limestone fountain that Will and Leelee like to zoom around in their toy cars, is Lindsey's new recording studio, filled with maracas, tambourines, bells, a mixing console and twenty-five guitars, where he can hole up to work and sleep. The studio is constructed of old, pitted bricks Kristen found on the Internet and imported from Ohio; so the architectural historian who appeared on the premises one day not long ago can be forgiven for expressing alarm. "He's putting out a book on old homes in the area, and he thought he'd missed us," says Kristen, laughing. "We simply could not convince him that this was new. I consider it one of our biggest successes."
Old 11-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I consider it one of our biggest successes."
Thanks for this post. Very interesting indeed. It certainly does make you wonder....
Old 11-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Investment? You decide.
You must be new to the world of celebrity real estate. If I had a cent for every article where a celebrity gushed about their new home, only to sell it shortly thereafter, I'd be gushing about my new house...only to sell it shortly thereafter.

Like I said, no one knows what's up. Maybe they are splitting, maybe they aren't. But what I find ignorant and downright STUPID is how people jump up and say that he's divorcing his wife to shack up with Stevie. I mean, my word, get some couth and some class.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've been paying attention perfectly well since '97 and there is nothing to suggest any of the wild things that so many people like to post and believe. People see what they want to see.

But can't you see my point? I can point at all the "evidence" and other such nonsense if I wanted to, but it doesn't make the whole thing seem any more palatable or believable. None of us even knows them personally, let alone know them well enough to make such grand statements about what we believe to be occurring in their private lives.
To be honest, I don't care one way or the other whether Stevie and Lindsey are together or not.
In fact, the re-coupling of those two head-strong people would probably prove disastrous... so I guess I'd be inclined to prefer they not get back together.

And, frankly, any tension between them, in so far as unresolved or unrequited feelings, can only be a good thing, because it lends itself to the music.

But, I have to say that I think it's a tad ironic that someone who's a confessed gossip-lover, would so quickly poo-poo any gossiping or insinuating on the part of other fans.

Sure some of it is wiiiillllld and ultra-inplausable, but I've read other bits of celebrity gossip that were equally wild and inplausible, but no less relished by those reporting it.
It's the nature of the beast, as they say.

So there's my 2 cents on the topic.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn't think of one right away. Gimme one, I'm all ears and have no qualms about using one.

I guess I could call him Fidget. He fidgets like a kid being weened off of ritalin.
The Queen of Fairy Farts one has been around plenty long enough for you to come up with one for Lindsey.

"Fidget" is lame... try again. Something more scathing this time.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
But, I have to say that I think it's a tad ironic that someone who's a confessed gossip-lover, would so quickly poo-poo any gossiping or insinuating on the part of other fans.

Sure some of it is wiiiillllld and ultra-inplausable, but I've read other bits of celebrity gossip that were equally wild and inplausible, but no less relished by those reporting it.
It's the nature of the beast, as they say.
There's a difference, in my opinion, between the trashy celebrity gossip that I love (the kind that is so ridiculous that it's unbelievable) and "gossip" that is simply imagined by fans and passed around fan circles, based on nothing more than a spoken word or a facial expression at a concert. I love gossip, but I laugh at those who actively create it and then believe it. I guess I can differentiate between fantasy and reality.