User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
LB is complaining that Stevie won't give him any songs at the same time that Christine is working on new songs for solo material. Are the fates just toying with my head now?
One of these days, LB will be hoisted by his own petard.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
LB is complaining that Stevie won't give him any songs at the same time that Christine is working on new songs for solo material. Are the fates just toying with my head now?

Michele
i know right? get your head out of your b*tt LB!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know right? get your head out of your b*tt LB!
Yo, Lindsey, get your ass off to Kent and offer your services.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Yo, Lindsey, get your ass off to Kent and offer your services.
see that part i don't see. out of all 5, he's the only one who actually has relatively normal family life and obligations, when off the road. when he works on his music at home, he's basically a part-time stay-at-home dad and i'm sure that's very convenient and rewarding.

but, with internet and tons of ways to make music and communicate these days, i'm sure he and Christine could find the way, if they'd only try.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see that part i don't see. out of all 5, he's the only one who actually has relatively normal family life and obligations, when off the road. when he works on his music at home, he's basically a part-time stay-at-home dad and i'm sure that's very convenient and rewarding.

but, with internet and tons of ways to make music and communicate these days, i'm sure he and Christine could find the way, if they'd only try.
I was thinking maybe just for a couple of weeks or so for some face-to-face sessions, possibly when majority of the work is already done (or maybe this could be in, say, London, or if they're all up to it, Hawaii). The rest of the time, there's always the Internet so Lindsey can have time with his family and Christine does not have to leave her house. When there's a will, there's a way.

Last edited by applebucked; 10-01-2013 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I thought Hawaii was only one night? Or maybe the other was a private concert, IDK.
As far as I know there was only one public Hawaii gig. If she jammed elsewhere, it was private.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be a MAJOR mistake to re-sign with WB, considering the ****ty-ass job they did with SAY YOU WILL!
I agree...convince Christine this is the band's final release, get her to commit...and Stevie will come running! Plus, that would open the door to a MAJOR bidding war....I'm pretty sure everyone would want Fleetwood Mac's swan song!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can definitely understand WB wanting a Mac album, in theory, because dinosaurs though FM may (or may not, but let's say they are) be, dinosaurs have lots of accumulated fans. Another Rumours will never happen but that's always been an unrealistic expectation. It'd probably do well enough upon initial release, so while I doubt WB is pining over it I can certainly understand them preferring one over not.

I don't read much into who is playing what games with whom ... the point is that everyone wants different things and has different conditions. I dunno, I don't think the press/world at large cares enough to be a useful tool for either Stevie or Lindsey. Except as a tool for venting.

(And this is by the by but personally I've always wondered what a Stevie and Chris album would be like since we've seen the other songwriter combinations before. Please don't take this as a "I secretly want Lindsey outta there" message because it so isn't and I don't have the time to deal.)
Old 10-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I can definitely understand WB wanting a Mac album, in theory, because dinosaurs though FM may (or may not, but let's say they are) be, dinosaurs have lots of accumulated fans. Another Rumours will never happen but that's always been an unrealistic expectation. It'd probably do well enough upon initial release, so while I doubt WB is pining over it I can certainly understand them preferring one over not.

I don't read much into who is playing what games with whom ... the point is that everyone wants different things and has different conditions. I dunno, I don't think the press/world at large cares enough to be a useful tool for either Stevie or Lindsey. Except as a tool for venting.

(And this is by the by but personally I've always wondered what a Stevie and Chris album would be like since we've seen the other songwriter combinations before. Please don't take this as a "I secretly want Lindsey outta there" message because it so isn't and I don't have the time to deal.)
NO ONE is wanting a new album, IMO, because albums(unless the artist is CURRENTLY huge, and not a catalog act) no longer sell. Hell, look at SYW. Most of the new artists I follow, are now relegated to just releasing singles now. It's all about just being cost effective... Yeah, the music scene sucks now.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't they write the songs and have Dave Stewart produce the next Fleetwood Mac record?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

any outside producer would have to be agreed to and approved by Lindsey. I doubt Dave would fit that bill. Dave's work habits are too much like Stevie's in a way, and Lindsey works very differently to Stevie. I pity the fool who steps into that mess...
Old 10-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
NO ONE is wanting a new album, IMO, because albums(unless the artist is CURRENTLY huge, and not a catalog act) no longer sell. Hell, look at SYW. Most of the new artists I follow, are now relegated to just releasing singles now. It's all about just being cost effective... Yeah, the music scene sucks now.
haha I totally agree with you...Say You Will was an awesome CD IMO but it didn't seem to sell that well....the only people interested in buying a new Mac album at this point are probably people who are actual fans. However, the Tour is where they are making huge money, so I'm not sure if they even care how the album sells. A new album means another tour, which hopefully they will all be on board with if they stay healthy. This tour seemed to be huge, so all those people that went this year will hopefully be happy to hear new music. I would love a new album...but regardless of if they do one, I pray they at least tour one more time
Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Considering Rumours sold 45 MILLION, 864K isn't saying much. How about the fact that they don't play any singles that were released from it...

Say You Will was the first Fleetwood Mac studio album to peak in the top 3 in the US since 1982's Mirage.[3] The album debuted at No. 3 with sales of 218,000 and was certified Gold by the RIAA in July 2003 for 500,000 copies shipped in the US.[4] It has also been certified Gold in the UK for 100,000 copies shipped. As of May 2013, the album has sold 864,000 copies in the U.S. [5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_You_Will

Let's see here, things FM pretend never existed....
Say You Will
The Time lineup
The GLORIOUS Bob Welch years

You can't rewrite history, but they think we're dumb enough to forget. Who are the dumb ones?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Considering Rumours sold 45 MILLION, 864K isn't saying much. How about the fact that they don't play any singles that were released from it...

Say You Will was the first Fleetwood Mac studio album to peak in the top 3 in the US since 1982's Mirage.[3] The album debuted at No. 3 with sales of 218,000 and was certified Gold by the RIAA in July 2003 for 500,000 copies shipped in the US.[4] It has also been certified Gold in the UK for 100,000 copies shipped. As of May 2013, the album has sold 864,000 copies in the U.S. [5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_You_Will

Let's see here, things FM pretend never existed....
Say You Will
The Time lineup
The GLORIOUS Bob Welch years

You can't rewrite history, but they think we're dumb enough to forget. Who are the dumb ones?

Did they play anything from it on the 2009 tour? At least Peacekeeper maybe?

Even the new EP singles (which I think was a good idea)...I feel like we won't be hearing those again unless they ended up on a new album. Without You at least has the historical connotation, but after 50 shows of a ten minute intro to it I don't know what FM can really do with it for the future.

Interesting that SYW didn't even sell 1 mill! I always thought it sold at least that! Its a really good album, but it had also been about 16 years since FM had any new music (because do we really even count the albums from the early 90s). So I think that factor might have had a lot to do with it to.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Did they play anything from it on the 2009 tour? At least Peacekeeper maybe?

Even the new EP singles (which I think was a good idea)...I feel like we won't be hearing those again unless they ended up on a new album. Without You at least has the historical connotation, but after 50 shows of a ten minute intro to it I don't know what FM can really do with it for the future.

Interesting that SYW didn't even sell 1 mill! I always thought it sold at least that! Its a really good album, but it had also been about 16 years since FM had any new music (because do we really even count the albums from the early 90s). So I think that factor might have had a lot to do with it to.
Yeah, they played them when they were new. But I mean, they DID get some decent airplay, so why did they choose to leave them in the dust, for the past few tours?

I don't have the EP, but even my Ledgie fans, who love them minus Christine, have told me not to bother, that the EP sucks.

Well, studio albums, but The Dance sold 5 million plus! See what happens when Christine leaves? THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!
Debuting at No. 1 in the Billboard 200, The Dance became the fifth best-selling live album of all time in the United States, with over 5 million copies sold there. The DVD version has been certified 9x platinum in Australia for selling 135,000 copies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dan...d_Mac_album%29