Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default He's at it again

ok before i leave work, here's one thread imported from the christinemcvie.com forum. i took out all the smilies and only quoted where i felt it was necessary. i'm trying to figure out a better way to format these, so bear with me. if anyone has suggestions on how to do it, let me know!!!

cmcviefan:
Well, Lindsey Buckingham is at it again...shooting off his mouth.

This is from a newspaper interview in Milwaukee to promote his album. I'm not going to post the entire article, but here's a paragraph in which he talks about the other members of Fleetwood Mac.

"I talk to Mick (Fleetwood) once in a while," he says. "I don't speak to John (McVie) very often. I speak to Christine seldom, maybe once a year. Then again, she's over in England. God knows what she's doing, . . . she's shooting darts over in England. Stevie, yeah, I talk to Stevie, but she's busy. I'm busy."

What a jerk! Thank God I didn't buy his new album.

Aisling:
what the hell!?? why does lindsey have to be this way? it's never enough to just say "no i haven't spoken to her recently," he always has to put in some aside.

i wonder if he thought he was being funny?

either way, christine, block his phone number and don't take that once a year call!

Gail:
I don't why he couldn't have just said "no we don't speak often but then again she's in England"

Some of the things he said recently have irked me a bit. He seems to be suggesting that Christine was somehow responsible for him not having enough freedom with Fleetwood Mac. More likely she was the only one who would stand up to him musically.

I think Mr Buckingham is a very talented man but sometimes he should engage his brain before opening his mouth!

Aisling:
he seems to suffer greatly from spoilt child syndrome! it's 5 people, you're not always going to get your way, grow up and get over it already.

there's no "i" in "team" lindsey!

electronicstorm:
I thought it was quite amusing! "Shooting darts in England..." What the F?? Maybe he should give Christine a call more than once a year to find out what she is really doing. Maybe he was just really trying to be funny! Maybe his sense of humor, like his solo career is very dry!!

Homer McVie:
I don't take the comment so badly, other than maybe "darts" is mocking the fact that she's retired(thus making himself look vital).

Hey Linds, at least she can still sing(better than ever!). You sound like a bag of frogs now!

Aisling:
no, it's certainly not the worst thing he's said about her, but it's annoying that he can't say anything neutral or nice.

Homer McVie:
Spoiled brat, and always has been.

electronicstorm:
Homer McVie wrote: "Hey Linds, at least she can still sing(better than ever!). You sound like a bag of frogs now!"

God, so true! And don't forget she looks absolutley fabulous too!

cmcviefan:
Aisling wrote: "either way, christine, block his phone number and don't take that once a year call!"

That's what I think. I was even surprised that they talk once a year.

cmcviefan:
Homer McVie wrote: "I don't take the comment so badly, other than maybe "darts" is mocking the fact that she's retired(thus making himself look vital)"

That's what I'm guessing that he meant.

Aisling:
cmcviefan wrote: "That's what I think. I was even surprised that they talk once a year"

can you imagine that conversation?

Gail
:
Lindsey - "Hi Chris it's Lindsey"

Christine - "Lindsey who?"

cmcviefan, aisling, electronicstorm:

Lots of laughing smiley faces. Sorry, I didn't feel I should transcribe those in seperate sections. LOL

cmcviefan:
Back in 2001, Fleetwood Mac(without Chris) played a set at the White House just before President Clinton left office. Lindsey did an interview in Rolling Stone just after this happened. Here's an excerpt from that interview.

RS: So what is the status of Fleetwood Mac?

You know it's interesting, I made a joke at the show about us having worked through our own partisan politics. And I really think there is a pretty potent future for the band. In a way, Christine has really checked herself out of the situation. She sold her house in L.A. and is just residing in England. God knows what she's doing. But it kind of frees the Fleetwood Mac situation to be looked at in a fresh light and in some ways in the dynamic that Stevie and I had going before we joined the band.

Once again , he used the same words...God knows what she's doing.

Gail:
Oh poor Lindsey! that wicked Christine wont let him do what he wants.

And now he has the freedom to do what he wants and guess what? He can't sing anymore!

Aisling
:
ugggh.

it amazes me that he always paints his own departure from the band as this great "survival move". but when he talks about chris leaving, there's this sense of bitterness, as if he is belittling her decision.

at least that's what i get from him most of the time.

nicepace:
"Shooting darts"????? Seems to me that's what LINDSEY is doing. Y'know, hurling insults, shooting darts -- get it?

On the other hand, maybe Chris really *is* shooting darts, literally. I rather like the image of her down at the local pub taking on all challengers. I have a feeling she'd be very good at the game.

Christine played a very important role in the history of rock music, as a woman who wrote her own songs, played her own instrument, and sang as well. Maybe Lindsey was/is threatened by that? It's one thing to be in a band with a woman who is "just" a vocalist (the accepted female role in rock music), but to then have to also be in the band with a woman who is a writer and musician and has her own ideas about how the music should sound, maybe that's something he was never all that comfortable with.

I don't suppose we'll ever really know; I think my theory is just a more complex way of saying he's immature and self-centered.

And by the way, I wouldn't have even known he had a new album if it hadn't been discussed here. I am basically completely uninterested in his or Stevie's solo careers.

cmcviefan:
I don't think he likes to be challenged by anyone, male or female. Chris had the creative & financial standing to stand up to him, unlike Mick, John & probably even Stevie. Unlike Chris, he was never a team player.

And of course, he's immature(even at 57 ) & self centered.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

stop whining. She's not offended by such a slight remark. She knows him really well, and as far as we know, they had a fab musical relationship. They've put together some of the greatest gems in pophistory together, and Lindsey has always put his musicianship 100% in service for her songs. Yes he's full of himself, that's not gonna change in a hundred years. They've always put tongue-in-cheek-remarks towards eachother in interviews. And, even if you hate UTS (I totally dislike ITM, for total flatness), or his singing, just admit that it is a great thing that a 57 year old musician gathers so much critical acclaim for a daring solo-album. Frogs or no frogs. He's still developping. All Macfans should be proud. I bet Christine is.

PS: not a teamplayer? Impossible. He always was a teamplayer in FM. You can't be the architect of a groupsound without respecting and carressing the ideas and songs of the other songwriters. He may be a dominant and irritating teamplayer, but a teamplayer he is. Without that you could never have the sound of Isn't It Midnight, Love In Store, Don't Stop or Brown Eyes. By the way, The other four would have never accepted his dominant, irritating side if he hadnot have some very democratic qualities too. At least musically.

Last edited by shackin'up; 10-27-2006 at 05:41 PM..
Old 10-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I even had a good laugh at it. What's the big deal?
Old 10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just seems that they hate the man. Or at least dislike him bigtime. Logically, because Christine's a total opposite character. But SHE could work with him perfectly and he with her. Their fans? That's another story.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we really need an entire thread within a thread?

Seriously, it's not that big of a slight.
And the members are always taking jabs at eachother.
It's not like Chris herself has never made negative comments about the others.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post

Seriously, it's not that big of a slight.
And the members are always taking jabs at eachother.
It's not like Chris herself has never made negative comments about the others.
yeah, ofcourse she did and she's totally entitled to it. Those other bandmembers were all strong selfindulged-or at least drugindulged- pains in the ass.

But I still don't think this was meant negative. He's quite relaxed these days...For an anal obsessive character .

Old 10-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
See, we imported this, to talk amongst ourselves(since Chris' forum has been hacked down). I guess we can't do that here though.
This ain't the Lindsey forum, it's the "we worship Chris" forum(and we don't want to argue).
Old 10-28-2006, 01:14 AM

honestly, i don't see the insult either...

they talk... i'm mean they've spent years together.... she left, he's out of his mind with his boring album... and she refuses to experiment with her talent....

to hell with both of em!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
It just seems that they hate the man.

excuse me, i do not hate lindsey buckingham. i don't like what he said / has said about chris. end of story.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post

there are threads at christinemcvie.com that chris fans wanted to salvage. if there are people who don't like what's in them, that has little to do with the validity of the thread. they pertain to chris, and i was under the impression that this was the christine mcvie section of the ledge. you are certainly entitled to not like the content, but as far as i'm concerned, this question is moot.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
^^^
See, we imported this, to talk amongst ourselves(since Chris' forum has been hacked down). I guess we can't do that here though.
This ain't the Lindsey forum, it's the "we worship Chris" forum(and we don't want to argue).
this is why it kills me that her forum was hacked into.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
excuse me, i do not hate lindsey buckingham. i don't like what he said / has said about chris. end of story.
i just hate when he gos on about how much he & stevie can do now shes gone, & how its almost back to the way it was....yea right they dont like each other basically, they really drag that out
Old 10-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
^^^
Amen to that.

Homer, you lucky guy. You have your own thread in the Stevie forum.

Last edited by macfan 57; 10-28-2006 at 05:58 AM..
Old 10-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Amen to that.

Homer, you lucky guy. You have your own thread in the Stevie forum.
Well you worshipping Chris is OK by me. We all have our own fixations. But if you don't want to discuss, don't put it on the ledge. On LB's side, there's discussion too. And every now and then there are SN and CM -obsessives too. We try to scare them away, but not always succeeding.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird View Post
i just hate when he gos on about how much he & stevie can do now shes gone, & how its almost back to the way it was....yea right they dont like each other basically, they really drag that out
I think Lindsey is a marvellously talented guitarist, producer and songwriter.

I've never been a big fan of his vocal style and I can't even listen to UTS because of the vocals.

that's my opinion and "others may disagree"

In terms of what he's said about Christine since she left, he has been less than respectful about someone who was as responsible as him for Fleetwood Mac being such a strong "brand". He was the one remember who didn't release Gift of Screws preferring to go with the FM "brand" and that's fine by me - just don't mad mouth someone who helped create that "brand"

Mind you that's FM for you - nothing like a bit of public "dissing"

Gail