Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Lindsey and Peter

So after a lot of time.. I posted a poll, about a new album. Some answered that they will not necessarilly wish a Rumours lineup, but also with Bob or Peter.

Lindsey B and Peter G together... humm.. I don't get it. I don't see a band with these 2 guys together. Different styles, different groove, different lives. It would be interesting, but I see the Green years as a blues band. And Lindsey years.. anything but blues.

Bob and Lindsey could be a mix (in fact I think Lindsey worked on Bob album), but Peter.. no, I don't see it. What do you think?
Old 03-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with you, V.
Barbara
Old 03-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down Re: Lindsey and Peter

I agree with both of you.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey did work on Bob Welch's 1978 album "French Kiss". He co-produced the hit single "Sentimental Lady", which, ironically, Welch had earlier recorded in 1972 with Mac for the Bare Trees album.
LB did a fairly wretched rendition of "Oh well" on the 1980 live album. if that is any indication of his blues skills........
Old 03-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffles
Lindsey did work on Bob Welch's 1978 album "French Kiss". He co-produced the hit single "Sentimental Lady", which, ironically, Welch had earlier recorded in 1972 with Mac for the Bare Trees album.
LB did a fairly wretched rendition of "Oh well" on the 1980 live album. if that is any indication of his blues skills........
Yes, but can you actually see all three of them together? I can't. I know that wasn't the question, but it's just that the three do have different styles. It would be interesting if it did happen. Sentimental Lady is a good example of this. Are there any other Mac songs besides Oh Well that 2 or 3 of these members could collaborate on?
Old 03-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought that Peter had played some guitar parts in "Brown Eyes", a Christine song from the Tusk album... That could mean that Lindsey and Peter have worked together, at least in that minimal way. Other than that, I don't see both of them working together as guitarists of a band. In fact, it's hard for me to picture Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and another guitarist who could steal some starring roles away from him, or another male singer/songwriter, for that matter. Not at all talking against Lindsey... it's just something that one can see through his personality.

Song of the moment - No Questions Asked
Old 03-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I agree with Cristian. Also, what I picked up from that thread was that some people (like myself) couldn't vote on it because, as strange as it may sound, and with all due respect to Lindsey as we all think he's great and all but, it's not a "given" to some of us that Lindsey would be in our "dream FM lineup" (or a "given" that we would want a "Rumours" lineup FM album above all other FM lineups). As I say, no bashing meant, JMHO. I'd have a hard time choosing anyways!

John
Old 03-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
In fact, it's hard for me to picture Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and another guitarist who could steal some starring roles away from him, or another male singer/songwriter, for that matter. Not at all talking against Lindsey... it's just something that one can see through his personality.
He actually was quoted a few times in the 80s saying that he wished he could play with another guitarist in the band so that they could orchestrate the songs more fully.

But guitar playing aside for moment, he's never been in the band without sharing time with another singer/songwriter (and up until now, he shared it with two other singer/songwriters). I'm not really sure I see what the difference would be if this person was male??

Last edited by Les; 03-21-2003 at 05:34 PM..
Old 03-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yeah Les...

Lindsey is not a spotlight hog. He went on his OOTC tour with a guitar army!! There were girls AND guys in it. I think that if the right, compatible guitarist came along and Lindsey and this other person sounded good together, he wouldn't be opposed to it.

I don't think LB and PG would be a good team tho..WAY too different of styles that just don't mesh, IMO.

My ideal FM would be:

Lindsey
Danny
Stevie
Christine
Mick
John

Old 03-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Just to clarify, I didn't necessarily agree with Cristian's "stealing the spotlight" angle but, well, his "other guitarists" OOTC tour is different I think because he KNEW that people "came to see HIM" specifically on that tour whereas he may not have "been so sure" who came to see who with FM, just a thought.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 03-21-2003 at 09:41 PM..
Old 03-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I meant what I said in a more "psychological" and "subjective" way more than an opinion based on facts that I can know and prove, therefore I don't have more justifications to what I said than my own perceptions. I just have the feeling that Lindsey could perhaps feel a little uncomfortable if he is in Fleetwood Mac and some other person begins to gain as much as a starring role as him, in the field that he handles (i.e. guitar/vocals/composing/production). It's an image that's kind of difficult to picture in my head, but it's probably more based in different appreciations of some facts rather than in the real facts.

Again, just a personal angle and perception. I don't pretend to know everything about Lindsey's personality, but from what I've collected through the interviews, the way he comes to record music, and the music itself, it's my feeling that a thing like that wouldn't work just as fine as it does with Lindsey playing all of those roles by himself.

Oh God... all those explanations... I'm going to have to learn to be politically correct again...

Song of the moment - No Questions Asked
Old 03-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile CRISTIAN

Yeah, I agree now that you say it that way.

John
Old 03-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
Oh God... all those explanations... I'm going to have to learn to be politically correct again...
Nah...you did a great job explaining everything without being politically correct. Why ruin it?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Why thank you... it took me about six months to put the words together in that last post, so a little bit of support is kind of welcomed these days...

Song of the moment - Oh Well

Last edited by Cristian; 03-22-2003 at 11:13 PM..
Old 03-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cristian, you don't need to feel apologetic or careful about anything you said. I don't agree with some of your perceptions about Lindsey, but you don't have to agree with me either.