The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which song of Lindsey's are you most looking forward to on Say You Will?
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave 4 9.76%
Miranda 4 9.76%
Red Rover 13 31.71%
Peacekeeper 2 4.88%
Come 12 29.27%
Steal Your Heart Away 2 4.88%
Bleed to Love Her 2 4.88%
Say Goodbye 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default What Lindsey song are you most looking forward to on SYW?

Yet another thread idea I've ripped from the good people at Stevie's forum

Which song from Lindsey are you most anticipating on the new album? I'm not including 'What's the World Coming To' because we're all very curious about that one.

Did I mention... verrrry curious...

P.S. ... we allll know what Christy wants and what ChilliD doesn't!!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 03-06-2003 at 12:17 AM..
Old 03-06-2003, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Am I THAT predictable? LOL

Actually, I voted for Red Rover...not Come...because RR has my heart like a smidge more over Come. I'm DYING to hear what is different or the same on RR!!!!! Although Come is my SECOND pick for most anticipated!! Heck, I am curious about ALL of them, even SYHA and BTLH just to hear any differences and stuff.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If "Peacekeeper" was changed that much from Lindsey's own version to a Fleetwood Mac version (including the climatic lyric), despite my SEVERE loathing of the song, I'm now curious as to how "Come" WILL sound in its final form.

Surprised y'all, didn't I?

Last edited by chiliD; 03-06-2003 at 06:08 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Despite my SEVERE loathing of the song, I'm now curious as to how "Come" WILL sound in its final form.
Dude, you have to pass around some smelling-salts if you're gonna make a statement like that!

Johnny Stew
Old 03-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Actually, I voted for Red Rover...not Come...because RR has my heart like a smidge more over Come. I'm DYING to hear what is different or the same on RR!!!!! Although Come is my SECOND pick for most anticipated!! Heck, I am curious about ALL of them, even SYHA and BTLH just to hear any differences and stuff.
Actually no I meant you'd vote Red Rover! You've mentioned before how it's your favourite song. That's one I really can't wait to hear done in final form so I voted it too. To me it always stood out among the GOS bunch as the most innovative and engaging.

And hey Christy nice new avatar - it must have been a big decision to finally change from that old Little Lies one!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Red Rover - but you forgot to put the only song we haven't heard of..."What's The World Coming To." Tis is what I'm most looking forward too just because I haven't heard it.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I was greatly anticipating Stevie's vocal on Peacekeeper and was not disappointed in my expectation.

Now that Peacekeeper is out of the way, I must say, I cannot wait to see what ole Stevie "did" ( ) to "Come." I mean I always thought Come was interesting and good, if not great, from a very experimental/eclectic point of view. For example, when was the last time you heard anything quite like it? It just did not leave alot of room for extended and lush harmonies a la Peacekeeper and Thrown Down (in whatever version). So, I must vote for Come. In fact, can't you Stevie hearing it for the first time and saying something to the effect of "are you nuts - where am I coming in on that"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cuz noooooooooobody else is doin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme a 74 minute version of the song as the only track on the entire album...!!! Answer your question???

Last edited by seteca; 03-06-2003 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default good one Seteca..

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
Cuz noooooooooobody else is doin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme a 74 minute version of the song as the only track on the entire album...!!! Answer your question???

Hahhaaa...wow, thats 1/2 a concerts worth (74 mins of Linds doing that and another 74 mins of Stevie stuff!)
Old 03-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bleed to Love Her

I voted for Bleed to Love Her. I'm curious to hear the studio version of it...
Old 03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HA HA HA Seteca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and hello)

Can't you see the concert, Stevie could just show up an hour or so into it after LB ripped through an I'm So Afraid esq. version of Come - thereby exhausting the audience before Stevie even has a chance to get a twirl in.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default LMAO!!!!

Lindsey singing COME for 74 minutes...

I'M SO IN!!!!!!!

DOR, I'm sorry, the way you worded that sentence sounded like Come applied to both my choice and chilid!! LOL DUR ME!!

HA!! Yep, it took going through quite a few avatars till I settled on that one, but it's too "dirty", I need a clear version of it. I messed with the picture last night, but couldn't get it any clearer. I have made quite a few avatars...hehe. Little Lies is my fave FM video, btw.

I am in DIRE NEED of some heart medication, first this stuff about Lindsey saying he would like to do THREE (COUNT EM...THREE!!) MORE FM albums and now chilid makes that statement about COME!!!

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!??!!?!?! LMAO!!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Come...74 minute Version!

WHAT IS THE WORLD... COMING... TO???
Curious about that one...but I adore Come
and Red Rover...which is a Lindsey Favorite!

Aren't any of the songs just solo LB or SN?
Must they always be singing together or is
this the new trend for The F.Mac Band!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 03-06-2003 at 10:59 PM..
Old 03-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First post, just to say I'm waiting to hear what Come sounds like. I figure the others will sound not too different to what they would have sounded like on Gift Of Screws, except with Stevie on vocals as well... "Come" interests me, because I found it on Kazaa - one of those blank files, but it's running time was only 4:19, as opposed to the 6 minute version we've all heard. I'm hoping that if that is it's official running time, it's the verses that have been cut down as opposed to the guitar solo, which is just phenomenal.

I've read/heard Lindsey talk about how he would sacrifice his playing for the good of the band, and I just hope he hasn't sacrificed that solo.

It's a shame he's done that, because having recently seen the Mirage concert, and obviously The Dance, the guy deserves his place up there with other finger picking gods like Knopfler and Jeff Beck (Lindseys playing has far more bite than Knopflers), on those guitarist lists. I could watch him play all day.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza
First post, just to say I'm waiting to hear what Come sounds like. I figure the others will sound not too different to what they would have sounded like on Gift Of Screws, except with Stevie on vocals as well... "Come" interests me, because I found it on Kazaa - one of those blank files, but it's running time was only 4:19, as opposed to the 6 minute version we've all heard. I'm hoping that if that is it's official running time, it's the verses that have been cut down as opposed to the guitar solo, which is just phenomenal.

I've read/heard Lindsey talk about how he would sacrifice his playing for the good of the band, and I just hope he hasn't sacrificed that solo.

It's a shame he's done that, because having recently seen the Mirage concert, and obviously The Dance, the guy deserves his place up there with other finger picking gods like Knopfler and Jeff Beck (Lindseys playing has far more bite than Knopflers), on those guitarist lists. I could watch him play all day.
I totally agree with everything you've said...unfortunately, it seems that the song has been massively altered. Given that this is one of my fav. LB songs ever, and definitely my fav. from the GOS album, it won't surprise you that I've done some "number work".

There seems to be three possibilities:

1) On the original version, the solo starts at around 4:14. So there is a possibility that there is NO guitar solo AT ALL, and after the second chorus the song immediately ends with "think of me, sweet darlin', every time you don't come."

2) Second possibility is that the verses have been made half sized so that they are only one stanza each, instead of two. Each of these are 34 seconds long. Furthermore, the repeat of the chorus the second time round is removed, which is about 32 seconds long. That's a total of 34+34+33 seconds = 1 minute 41 seconds removed. Take that away from the original track time of 6:02 and you have a track time of 4:21....which is very close to the apparent length of the new version.

or..haha....

3) The entire song has been re-arranged and the only thing about the new one that resembles the old one are its lyrics.