User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking The "Murrow" Appreciation Thread

Sorry, I just have to gush about "Murrow"!!!

This song just totally kicks some serious booty... the lyrics are tremendous, Lindsey's eerie vocals on the verses are ominous and spine-tingling, and that screaming guitar solo at the end is nothing short of brilliant.

It was always one of my favorites from the 'Gift Of Screws' tracks that leaked out, but wow... the mixed, high-fidelity version of it is even MORE amazing!

Listen to this one with your headphones on, and it's... well, like I told a friend, "it can be best described as 'aural' sex!"

I LOVE IT!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh, I totally agree with you. I love this song! It's so catchy and stimulating. I liked it on the very first listen, and I can't get the tune out of my mind.

Do you happen to have the DVD? I've been thinking of getting this format, but I don't want to get it if it's not worth it.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi Karen!

I ordered the DVD-Audio thru Amazon.com, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know what i think of it, when it does.

I had a serious debate with myself over whether or not I should have even ordered it in the first place. One of those "just how many copies of this album do I really need, when the budget is already tight enough" moments of guilt.
As you can see, the addicted Mac-fan side of me, won out over the sensible & logical side!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: The "Murrow" Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
This song just totally kicks some serious booty... the lyrics are tremendous, Lindsey's eerie vocals on the verses are ominous and spine-tingling, and that screaming guitar solo at the end is nothing short of brilliant.
I second that!!

"Aural sex"....lol!!!.....it's good you didn't say that about another certain LB track on the album...t'would be pushing the limits of sexual innuendo!!lol!

Old 04-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I ordered the DVD-Audio thru Amazon.com, but it hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know what i think of it, when it does.
Well, it looks like I'll be doing the same thing. I may not be able to hold out for much longer. I've already talked to two people who've ordered it and are waiting for it to arrive. I looked for the DVD at Best Buy, but they didn't have it. I'll try again later this week. It's just the thought of hearing Murrow with surround sound is awfully tempting.

As you can see, the addicted Mac-fan side of me, won out over the sensible & logical side!

Well, you're definately not alone. I bought the regular enhanced version of the CD on Tuesday, and I'm still waiting for the Limited Edition set to arrive from Amazon.com.

BTW, that screaming guitar solo is even better than the one in Tango (IMO). I didn't think it could get better than that. I was completely wrong.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart IT!!!

I prefer Come, but Murrow DOES kick MAJOR BUTT!!!! I'm listening to Come right now...and OMG...THIS FRICKIN SONG FRICKIN ROCKS!!!!!!

Sorry, back to Murrow...wait till Come is over and I'll switch over and give my thoughts...LOL Maybe I should do a Come Appreciation thread. HA!

Reminds me of Indians...the opening. (I'm part Cherokee, I can say Indian..LOL) The lyrics have BITE and I LOVE that!!!!! SOLO...my word....I wish I could crank it up, but it's 11PM and my dad's asleep. I have my headphones on, and by the time I'm 30 (3 years from now), I should be deaf. LOL I PRAY he does this one on tour!!!!!! You talk about HEAVY METAL!!!!!! *holds up lighter*

Fave line: "do you feel the ooze as your brain drains out" - WHY that line?!? Because, it's icky, it's a gross visual and that's what the ENTIRE song is about....I can SEE Murrow turning in his grave...EW!! LOL
Old 04-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had a serious debate with myself over whether or not I should have even ordered it in the first place. One of those "just how many copies of this album do I really need, when the budget is already tight enough" moments of guilt.
My logic went straight out the window when this was released. I spend damn near $50 on all 3 versions at Best Buy...
... Trust me, I couldn't afford it!! haha

Maria
Old 04-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've done the same thing-when the limited edition preordered didn't come Tuesday I went out and bought the regular cd-I couldn't wait any longer!

What's this DVD you all are talking about?

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 04-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm in... I really believe this should have been the first single. As appropriate, perhaps more so, than Peacekeeper and it's far edgier and interesting, and would appeal to a younger audience as well imo, cos it just flat out rocks. I hope they do it live.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's my favorite Lindsey song on SYW. I don't think the guitar ending is conventional enough to prompt its release as a single, but I play it more than once every time I drive now.

- Jake
Old 04-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Without a doubt, my favorite track on the CD.

I think it would make a great single. Record labels need to take chances sometimes.

I can definetly see this song attracting a younger audience
Old 04-21-2003, 09:10 AM

The chances of this song flying as a single are slim to none. However, if the song got released and it became popular, it might just kick off the next trend in pop music production.