User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah Gerald....you crack me up....

Pretty popular thread..

My latest acquisition is the Foxwoods Show...and I love this version of Save Me a Place...

http://www.mediafire.com/?9oyb1sz7ym1

Does anyone know which UTS shows were recorded?

I don't understand Torrents so I have to get mine the old fashioned way....beg, borrow...have a kind person take pity on me...

Last edited by Betsy; 02-20-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
everyone ELSE? I haven't put up a friggin thing here. I just sucked the whole thread bonedry. I need an external HD.
Shame on you! Considering that this thread is 15 pgs. long, I have not read the whole thing, so I did not know that you did this shameful thing until you confessed. But you have still contributed in an indirect way by starting the thread, sort of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
I don't understand Torrents so I have to get mine the old fashioned way....beg, borrow...have a kind person take pity on me...
And isn't Torrents illegal for those in the US? Yikes, I'm afraid of it. I'd rather beg and have someone take pity on me.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Could Someone please post the full foxwoods show? i flew all the way from australia and i was at that show front row!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I can post the show for you. I have to warn you that I am a bit retarded...and haven't learned how to zip a show...so I might end up posting song-by-song...if I cry "UNCLE" and have no more patience.

The show came as a 2 CD set to me.

Hopefully by Friday night I will have figured it out and will post it then or on Saturday at the latest.

(College scholarships are due Monday, Feb. 25th, so 17 year-old-son and I will be a bunch of medieval monks, scribing as many applications as we can to be in the mail...)

I promise that I will get the show posted, unless some super genius *who also has the show* beats me to it...which he/she/it might be kind enough to do ... so that you don't have to wait on the dinosaur express....
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting that Mark and Brian interview. I listened to it a lot back in the day and have missed not exactly that version of "Big Love" (though the speed of it is awesome) but the reactions TO that version of "Big Love". Hilarious. And Lindsey on feng shui is priceless.

Lindsey: "I definitely believe there is something to that!"
Mark and/or Brian: "Well, are you able to pinpoint it?"
Lindsey (disappointed): No.

Last edited by bucklind17; 02-21-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
^^^I can post the show for you. I have to warn you that I am a bit retarded...and haven't learned how to zip a show...so I might end up posting song-by-song...if I cry "UNCLE" and have no more patience.
You sure are generous Betsy! As for zip folders, they have positives and negatives. They are much easier for the sender, but I can't tell you the number of huge zip files I've downloaded just to get one song. But it's worth it when you really want something, and this should always be at the convenience of the sender, since it's their time and generosity. You should be able to just right click in your music folder window that has the files you want to zip, and select "new", then "compressed folder" from the menus. Once the folder appears, name it, then just drag the files into it. That will create copies of the files in the zip folder. Would it be possible for you to post a list of the songs if you do a zip? ...only at your convenience!!! Thank you for everything!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
And Lindsey on feng shui is priceless.

Lindsey: "I definitely believe there is something to that!"
Mark and/or Brian: "Well, are you able to pinpoint it?"
Lindsey (disappointed): No.
My respect for the man has just plummeted.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Blackroses for the instructions. I was cleaning my house last night (company coming to stay so it was a deep ~ stash everything out of sight~ type of clean.)

I tried your zip and it worked! Thank you for helping me.

I started to upload the file at 2:20 a.m. and it said it was going to take 1 hour 23 minutes so I went to bed, only to get up at 5 and see that mediafire had failed...the file was 117 MB and Mediafire maxes out at 100 MB.

I think I have left the Foxwoods show (disk 1) at my office, or else (gasp) it is the CD that is stuck in my car player when it went south.

So...I can't post the Foxwood Show until I find Disk 1...but for your listening pleasure, is anyone interested in UTS Tour Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 3-13-07 show?

Looking at Mediafire and all the songs I have posted ~ which granted is not a lot ~ the number #1 downloaded song of Lindsey's is Show You How from the Philadelphia Show with 59 downloads. The next highest song is Shut Us Down with 20 and It was You with 16...all from the Philly Show.

If there are any song requests from the Myrtle Beach Show, let me know and I will post the song.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I tried your zip and it worked! Thank you for helping me.
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.

Quote:
I started to upload the file at 2:20 a.m. and it said it was going to take 1 hour 23 minutes so I went to bed, only to get up at 5 and see that mediafire had failed...the file was 117 MB and Mediafire maxes out at 100 MB.
Ugh! Frustrating isn't it? Yes, Mediafire has a 100 MG limit. You'd probably have to divide it into 2 zips, or use another service. It would be nice if they at least told you when you started the upload that it was too big, instead of making you find out several hours later.

Quote:
I think I have left the Foxwoods show (disk 1) at my office, or else (gasp) it is the CD that is stuck in my car player when it went south. So...I can't post the Foxwood Show until I find Disk 1...
I think you have earned a vacation from posting uploads. Don't worry about it. You've done more than enough for now. It will turn up eventually.

Most of the time, I'm completely ignorant about shows. I don't know which Lindsey shows I want. I'm just winging it.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

If anyone has a copy of the Love Minus Zero/No Limit Dylan cover from the limited edition of Say You Will and could post it, it would be HUGELY appreciated.

here's the live version if anyone needs it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0hnmrf
Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Betsy
This message has been deleted by Betsy.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Lindsey's stuff (demo & experiemental) is so rare...because he's doing all the mixing etc.....how did the Village Recorder Demos ever get leaked?

Anyone got a hypothesis?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll think about a hypothesis, Betsy. I'll ask another question that can deepen it: he's a perfectionist that works on a single idea for a long time...so what do you guys think about how many unreleased tracks/demo's/songs he has on stock that we don't no anything about?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'll ask another question that can deepen it: he's a perfectionist that works on a single idea for a long time...so what do you guys think about how many unreleased tracks/demo's/songs he has on stock that we don't no anything about?

Well, because he's a perfectionist who works on a single idea for a long time, I'd say he has about TWO unreleased tracks/demos/songs. One of them he started tweaking when he was in the womb and he's almost done with it right about now.

I think he probably has more riffs and ideas in snippets that he's played with and tried to work out that are unfinished than he really has song-length or song-shaped pieces out there that have yet to be completed.

Michele
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting point about the snippets....

Remember the Japan Tour Outtakes...he's sitting there playing in some kitchen? room ? backstage ? before the concert? ...with his guitar in hand doing lots of fingerwork ... it was a nice little ditty...

I have wanted to try and rip the audio to a CD but God help me...I just ain't that bright.

I will have to find the exact spot to tell you where to look...

I wonder if it ever developed into a song...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Love Minus Zero/No Limit

http://www.mediafire.com/?9edn3exzzyj
thanks so much. what an awesome cover