Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This post is dedicated to Homer and Mary Anne

1. What is your favorite Christine song from Chicken Shack?

2. What is your least favorite Christine look on tour (i.e., which tour)?

3. Did you like Christine in Stevie's clothes & boots on the Tusk Tour or would you have preferred she wore casual jeans & West Midlands cowgirl boots?

4. What is your favorite piano lick by Christine?

5. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any Fleetwood Mac song?

6. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any nonFleetwood Mac song?

7. What is the funniest thing Christine has ever said in an interview?

8. What is the funniest thing Chris has ever said onstage?

9. If you were going to have an argument with Christine, what would you want to argue about?

10. If John agreed to pass on a word from you to Chris, what would you tell him?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, you and your litany of questions!
I guess "I'd Rather Go Blind".

I'm not a fan of doo-rags. So, weren't most of those pics taken during the White Album tour?

3. Did you like Christine in Stevie's clothes & boots on the Tusk Tour or would you have preferred she wore casual jeans & West Midlands cowgirl boots?
I'll go with the casual jeans and boots.

The long, slow lick.... Sorry, uhhh.....I'm going with Don't Stop, Songbird's a close second.

I think Rhiannon doesn't sound full until Chris kicks in on the verse harmony.

Shadows of the West.

In the Tusk doc, where she talks about Lindsey having control over the recordings, and how she might not agree with him, "even if he's wrong". I love that.

I'm really drawing a blank here(watching TV with company). How about just a favorite? On Hempstead, where Bob tells her that they're going to do "Why", and she says with a little giggle, "I was wondering if we were going to do that or naht". Her accent and giggle just makes my day!

9. If you were going to have an argument with Christine, what would you want to argue about?
I would be terrified to have an argument with her! If so, let's argue about which wine we like getting drunk on.

10. If John agreed to pass on a word from you to Chris, what would you tell him?
That to me,(sorry Johnny) she was always the heart and soul of FM, and that I'd like to thank her for her years of service to the band.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A thread just for Homer & Me...I hope this isn't a trick.

I'd Rather Go Blind, then Get Like You Used To Be

There are 2 tours...Mirage & 1984 solo tour. I think she was not in very good health around this time & it shows, probably still feeling the effects from the Dennis Wilson episode.

Definitely casual. I like "normal" Christine McVie best.

I can't pick just one. There are quite a few. Get Like You Used To Be(pretty much all of her Chicken Shack piano), Love That Burns, Worried Dream, The Way I Feel, all of her Heroes Are Hard To Find piano, especially Come A Little Bit Closer, Bermuda Triangle, the title track & Born Enchanter, Don't Stop, Songbird, Beautiful Child, Stop Messin' Around(both from Mr. Wonderful & 1990 BTM tour).

Straight Back, Beautiful Child

That's easy. Come Softly To Me from the Bob Welch album, Three Hearts.

There are so many, but I'd say the Jim Ladd 1982 Innerview when she talks about the current music at that time. She mentions how terrible the bands are nowdays, that they're morons & "at least they're not on street corners "mugging little old ladies".

Another easy question. 1984 Jackson, NJ. She is mixed up about the name of the town. She thought that Great Adventure was the name of the town, then says that she thought the Great Adventure is a funny name for a town. She actually forgot the name twice, before Don't Stop & Songbird.

I think I'd be too intimidated by her to argue with her about anything, except maybe the Christine Perfect Album. I think it's a lot better than she thinks it is.

I would say EXACTLY the same thing that Homer said in his answer.

Last edited by macfan 57; 05-29-2006 at 06:27 AM..
Old 05-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm On My Way

I didn't like her puffy hair or Queen Nefertiti makeup on the 1984 solo tour.

Yes I did. She was majestic in her swooping white cape, especially when she came front & center to play "Tusk" & "World Turning" & her white cape swooshed out & about, making a nice complement to Stevie's whooshing & swooshing about. The total effect awed people. They knew they were seeing a major rock band.

Her rollicking rock-solid chunk-out on "Sugar Daddy"--virtually impossible to replicate (in part because it's two pianos).

The live "Dragonfly" video with Bob Welch, but I also love her backups on "Sands of Time"

I don't like any of the non-FM harmonies. They're stilted & frenetic, like Prussians at play.

Her put-on exchange with John with Jim Ladd in 1976 when they pretend to fight over his drinking.

"This one is a song from the Rumours album called 'Chain' ... 'The Chain' ... 'The ... Chain." -- Oklahoma City 5.18.77

I'd argue with her about her bad memory & her dismissal of the precepts of the cross-fertilized bastard art of serendipity.

I'd tell him to tell her to answer her Questions!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I know my name wasn't on the thread, but...

Mean Old World.

Probably the "Mirage" tour.

Casual look. That's part of the appeal of Christine, for me. Though, she looks great either way.

"Stop Messin' Round" only because it's the first song that made me realize that Christine could really rock out on piano.

"Emerald Eyes" with "Straight Back" a close second, both because they add such a spooky vibe to the song.

I don't know if you consider it a non-Fleetwood Mac song, since it's certainly Fleetwood Mac related, and the two vocalists would become part of the vocal front for Fleetwood Mac, but Billy Burnette's "It Ain't Over" still gives me gooseflesh. That would have been a brilliant choice for the 1987 tour. Certainly better, and more appropriate, than "Don't Let Me Down Again."

Not because what she was saying was funny, but because of how she was saying it, but during that 1989 interview with the "Behind The Mask" band where she was talking about the shooting of the video for "Hold Me." She starts talking about the guitars in the sand pits that Mick and John where diving into, then says they were all Fenders, and then realizes that the guitars were never actually sent back to Fender. For that brief moment, she has that "oh, crap, what did we do with those guitars" look in her eyes, which always made me laugh.

"We'd like to take you to our house...I didn't mean it."

That, while "Rumours" is a great album, she should be proud of the other albums as well.

We love her, miss her, but are grateful for all the memories and wish her well on retirement.

Now, a few observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I'm On My Way
Ummm...the only thing is, that's not a Chicken Shack song...

Quote:
but I also love her backups on "Sands of Time"
I don't think she harmonized on that. I could be wrong, but I believe that's all Danny on SOT. In fact, I don't think any of them harmonized with each other on "Future Games." I think they all dubbed their own harmonies.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Casual look. That's part of the appeal of Christine, for me. Though, she looks great either way.
Absofreakinlutely. That's why I love her. She's real. Not some artsy fartsy fantasy queen(no thanks). A woman who could knock back a few with you, and then kick your ass if you didn't pay your share of the tab!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"We'd like to take you to our house...I didn't mean it."
lol! when did she say that? and what was she talking about?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
lol! when did she say that? and what was she talking about?
It's on one of the Rumours soundboards...I think either Oklahoma City or Little Rock.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think she harmonized on that. I could be wrong, but I believe that's all Danny on SOT. In fact, I don't think any of them harmonized with each other on "Future Games." I think they all dubbed their own harmonies.
I think this is mostly true, especially Danny's songs. I do think I hear a little Chris harmony on "Lay It All Down".
Old 05-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
It's on one of the Rumours soundboards...I think either Oklahoma City or Little Rock.
oh right, if anyone happens to have it, if they would please post it i would be eternally grateful
Old 05-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:

I'd fill out any post for Mary Anne.

Here goes:

1. What is your favorite Christine song from Chicken Shack? "Get Like You Used to Be" and her vocal on "Mean Old World"

2. What is your least favorite Christine look on tour (i.e., which tour)? Not a fan of the Behind the Mask look...or Mirage's.

3. Did you like Christine in Stevie's clothes & boots on the Tusk Tour or would you have preferred she wore casual jeans & West Midlands cowgirl boots? Casual.

4. What is your favorite piano lick by Christine? Her work on "Rollin' Man"

5. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any Fleetwood Mac song? "Hypnotized" and "Emeral d Eyes"

6. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any nonFleetwood Mac song? "That Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady" (with Bonnie Raitt).

7. What is the funniest thing Christine has ever said in an interview? "We had a cult following" (in response to the weird Chicken Shack LP covers).

8. What is the funniest thing Chris has ever said onstage? "That is pretty weird" in response to Lindsey's intro to "Bleed to Love Her."

9. If you were going to have an argument with Christine, what would you want to argue about? She needs to produce more work and be more upfront vocally in the band.

10. If John agreed to pass on a word from you to Chris, what would you tell him? "Keep recording. You have a lot of fans."

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-30-2006 at 02:32 PM..
Old 05-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ummm...the only thing is, that's not a Chicken Shack song...
Mr Smarty Pants, that's what Christine told me that she sang that song with chicken shack, when I ran into her outside Club Hooters in Sweetwater back in the early '80s!!!
Quote:
Mr Smarty Pants, Christine told me she sang on that song back when I ran into her outside the Brown Panties Cafe on Skid row back in the early '70s!! So THERE!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know this doesn't have my name on it but I will just answer this one!

Smoking - I would tell her off for doing it and I don't think she'd like that.

Gail
Old 05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I know this doesn't have my name on it but I will just answer this one!

Smoking - I would tell her off for doing it and I don't think she'd like that.

Gail
I know. Smoking disgusts me, and I secretly think anyone who does is a loser. I look the other way when Chris smokes.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I know. Smoking disgusts me, and I secretly think anyone who does is a loser. I look the other way when Chris smokes.
Yes me too!

She gave up it for a few years and then started again after her marriage fell apart.

So in this instance I feel quite justified in blaming Eddy Quintela

Gail