The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Ledgie

Default Hi everyone! Something I heard...

Hi! This is my first post but I have been lurking around here for ages. Anyways, I live in Rhode Island and I heard on 101.9 and 100.7 that the new Fleetwood Mac album won't be out until early next year. One of the stations also said that the tour won't start until next summer. I don't know if this is true or not; it's just what they said.

Last edited by Lisa44; 05-31-2002 at 02:19 PM..
Old 05-31-2002, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy oh say it ain't so!!!!!!!

I HOPE TO GOD THAT'S NOT TRUE!

mimi
Old 05-31-2002, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Noooooooooo! It better not be true...

Laura.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Hi everyone! Something I heard...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa44
Anyways, I live in Rhode Island and I heard on 101.9 and 100.7 that the new Fleetwood Mac album won't be out until early next year. One of the stations also said that the tour won't start until next summer.
Quelle surprise!

At least they won't be widely regarded as a dinosaur band by the time their record comes out. They'll have evolved into petroleum.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to understand how radio stations come by this information, especially since some of them seem to be reporting quite different information simultaneously.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

:until i see the words come out of one of the band members mouth's:

Are you sure you want to sat THAT Yep I'm waiting til i have the CD in my hand.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Ledgie

"Anyways, I live in Rhode Island and I heard on 101.9 and 100.7 that the new Fleetwood Mac album won't be out until early next year. One of the stations also said that the tour won't start until next summer."

wait i live back and forth between the boston and new bedford areas and last sunday 100.7 said album: this fall
tour:sometime winter or spring 2003
Old 05-31-2002, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink SISTER JESSICA!

Quote:
Originally posted by SoulDrifter1949

lmao..!!

I think we all just have to hang in there a *little* while longer, and we WILL get the album and tour... no matter how much we discuss it or how many angles we look at the situation from or how many sources give this month or that month, it really all just comes down to when the band is done and when they are ready to release that album hehe... we can analyze and rant about the situation for months, years even but it's not going to change what will eventually occur
AMEN SISTER! PREACH IT!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Ledgie

We just find it frustrating that FM doesn't have the sense or the consideration to get info out to us. Stevie and The NicksFix would never let the fans wait without a word of anything. AND, Stevie seems to be the only one saying anything about anything (for example, the updates about the progression of the album and her songs being done). She seems to be the only one to CARE about the fans having to wait. She knows that even her simple, "My songs are now being mixed" does the trick to satisfy us for the moment.
There is no reason FM can't do that.

Love,
jo and jensen
Old 06-02-2002, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jo and Jensen
We just find it frustrating that FM doesn't have the sense or the consideration to get info out to us. Stevie and The NicksFix would never let the fans wait without a word of anything. AND, Stevie seems to be the only one saying anything about anything (for example, the updates about the progression of the album and her songs being done). She seems to be the only one to CARE about the fans having to wait. She knows that even her simple, "My songs are now being mixed" does the trick to satisfy us for the moment. There is no reason FM can't do that.
I agree with this post. Fleetwood Mac has always been fan-unfriendly -- downright jerks on occasion. As a fan-friendly rock star, Stevie has it all over the Mac. There's just no comparison. She's far more interested in her fan base & in getting occasional information out there than Fleetwood Mac, who seem not even to be aware that they have fans, only "buyers" or "the public."

They truly are their own worst PR.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i certainly agree with Jo and Jensen and David.
today, artists-fans relations has gone to a whole new level.
you can find many artists communicating with their fans in person online, some of them even on daily basis.
i don't expect FM members to carry laptops and write their journals for their fans like other artists do, but still, i find it very annoying that in this information era that we're in, all we rely on is rumours and half-truths
think about it, we are all die-hard fans here and we know close to nothing!!!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 02:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

You know it's hard to wait for the new album!! We've all been going crazy figuring out when they'd release it and the tour...oh I can't wait for the tour! But the longer they wait, they more money we can all save up = the more shows we get to see on the tour!!

Just think positively!

*Jess
...We all grow up and the veils come down
But the children go on"

-Stevie Nicks
Old 06-04-2002, 02:29 PM
Ledgie

Hi again! This is getting really weird. Last Thursday during the 8:00 box set they mentioned it would be out sometime early next year and then over the weekend they were back to saying it would be out sometime this fall. I didn't mean to alarm anyone. I really wish the band would give us some definite info.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

I tend not to believe the radio stations too much. In fact, I've had to e-mail my local, classic rock several times to correct them on some things. Yes, it would be nice if we could get some little tidbit(s) from some member of FM some time soon. Come on FM, throw us a bone! (LOL)

Lee
Old 06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
Ledgie

We really think the album is done and collecting dust by this time. That is what really sucks. If you really think about it, it seems like Reprise is just trying to KILL them off by playing a waiting game.
Why couldn't they let Lindsey release his solo album? Why are they delaying this new FM album? We find it hard to believe that they are STILL working on it. Lindsey tends to work quicker when FM is involved. And it seems like the label is just trying to screw them all up.

If FM would tell us something, maybe the fans could do something about it...like email Reprise or get a petition together.

Love,
Jo and Jensen