Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Really? Where are they now?
Buying tickets at exorbitant prices for sold out shows.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Are we "hardcore fans" not a market? Are "casual music listeners" not a market? Are the "aged 40 and above" not a market? Are the "teens who recognize and appreciate older music/artists" (and yes, they DO exist) not a market?

Your bipolar attitude on this forum astounds me.
Hardcore fans, what kind of fans try and sabotage review ratings just because they are upset because certain demos were chosen or the album is getting better reviews then their favorites or because they want her to record with Fleetwood Mac. This great album is getting lower ratings the Other Side Of The Mirror. What a joke. She is not getting support from the industry or many hardcore fans.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Hardcore fans, what kind of fans try and sabotage review ratings just because they are upset because certain demos were chosen or the album is getting better reviews then their favorites or because they want her to record with Fleetwood Mac. This great album is getting lower ratings the Other Side Of The Mirror.

I can only speak for myself, but I can honestly say that the only reason I gave 24KG three stars is because there are only 3, maybe 4 songs on it I enjoy enough to listen to more than a couple times. (They are "Lady," "The Dealer," "Watch Chain" which is only available digitally, and maybe "Hard Advice.") I guess I actually do like TOSM quite a bit better than 24KG.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I can honestly say that the only reason I gave 24KG three stars is because there are only 3, maybe 4 songs on it I enjoy enough to listen to more than a couple times. (They are "Lady," "The Dealer," "Watch Chain" which is only available digitally, and maybe "Hard Advice.") I guess I actually do like TOSM quite a bit better than 24KG.
Three stars seems appropriate for this album. When the songs are good, they are great. But they surface rarely, alongside a lot of unspectacular, forgettable music. Many of the songs are overlong, too.

However, all is forgiven with Lady--a song and performance worthy of a Grammy. One of her best.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
It's almost bizarre how many people haven't questioned this source.
Well, since it was essentially corroborated in a Toronto newspaper, I don't think it's all that bizarre.

Michele
Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? Where are they now?
Waiting. Simple as that. Anytime that casual audience hears classic Mac, they buy it.

1) The EP (aside from being announced on tour and having little to no promotion besides appearing for one week on the front page of iTunes) had 4 tracks and not the full classic line-up. It failed to reach a success like SYW because at least that album was marketed properly.

2) The masses who want a full-on, classic Mac album obviously aren't going to go out in droves to get an odd sounding (to the casual listener) Lindsey album or a dated sounded Stevie record of songs 'from the vault'. Those types of albums hardly ever shift great numbers which is why it was mind-boggling to see that tagline as part of the title instead of just '24 Karat Gold'.

3) Because of Glee, Rumours re-entered at the album charts at #12. Astounding feat considering how old that record is. Downloads accounted for 91% of that. In AUS, it went to #2. Then on top of that, take in the actual Glee versions of tracks which were all over the singles chart. If they can market this new project even remotely like they did for SYW (complete with Christine now being involved) this album will be a guaranteed Top 3 hit, I'd bet my life's savings on it.

4) Everywhere got to #15 on the UK singles chart last year because of that commercial with the moon-walking horse.

My point is, the Mac won't have an issue because that audience for the MAC (non-solo) is always there. It's the same reason why they're non-stop trending since the tour begin, why they've been plastered all over the news since Christine's return. It's season of the Mac.

Just because Stevie's album didn't do astonishing numbers doesn't attribute to there not being an audience. It's because it's a "vault" album and on top of that, aside from a generous few, mostly only hardcores are going to really dig and appreciate an album of rarities. That's just the plain, honest truth. Not to mention its marketing (which could've done wonders if they'd actually establish more than several TV dates and an actual online campaign other than twitter clips) sucked complete ass.

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 10-19-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 10-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just hope that when the time comes they don't follow U2 and dump their album on every iTunes user in the world. They will need, however, a very carefully planned PR campaign to do good numbers and get industry hype. I think it starts with bringing another producer on board that's not Lindsey.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
2)Those types of albums hardly ever shift great numbers which is why it was mind-boggling to see that tagline as part of the title instead of just '24 Karat Gold'.
I agree. What were they thinking?! I had one friend who always buys the latest Mac product tell me that he didn't buy it because he didn't understand this "songs from the vaults" thing. I had to explain to him it really is an album proper in every sense--and then I bought it for him for his birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
get industry hype. I think it starts with bringing another producer on board that's not Lindsey.
Agreed. I wonder who would get media attention. As many know, I've always pulled for Rhett Davies, Jon Brion, Richard X, Timbaland, Jam-Lewis, Xenomania, Chris Isaak, and, I have to now admit, Dave Stewart. But none of those are going to happen--and maybe only Timba would create buzz--but all would create a more marketable sound.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-19-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I think it starts with bringing another producer on board that's not Lindsey.
If they brought in somebody else to produce then I think they should steer away from the obvious (Mitchell Froom, Dave Stewart) and aim for something/someone a bit edgier.

I'd suggest Stephen Street, Mark Ronson, or Danger Mouse. Perhaps even Nile Rodgers, Pharrell or Xenomania. I guess it would be dependent upon who would be available at any one time, though.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If they brought in somebody else to produce then I think they should steer away from the obvious (Mitchell Froom, Dave Stewart) and aim for something/someone a bit edgier.

I'd suggest Stephen Street, Mark Ronson, or Danger Mouse. Perhaps even Nile Rodgers, Pharrell or Xenomania. I guess it would be dependent upon who would be available at any one time, though.
I would totz be down for Street, Rodgers, Pharrell, but please lord keep Mark Ronson (and Stuart Price) away from my band.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
please lord keep Mark Ronson (and Stuart Price) away from my band.
Why?
...and how about Trent Reznor (...Stevie, where are you going? Stevie, come back...)
Old 10-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We'll like I said before there is no accounting for taste and some people just don't have any. If Fleetwood Mac made Rumours 2, some people would find reason to complain.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I would totz be down for Street, Rodgers, Pharrell, but please lord keep Mark Ronson (and Stuart Price) away from my band.

Who Who and who.The names did not ring a bell until I Googled them up. If Mac wants a hit.They probably have to go with these young producers.

They need a hit maker.

I know some of us are not a Dave Stewart fan but I would not mind seeing him work with the Mac and get the job done quick.

Or they can call in the past producers that worked with them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Who Who and who.The names did not ring a bell until I Googled them up. If Mac wants a hit.They probably have to go with these young producers.

They need a hit maker.

I know some of us are not a Dave Stewart fan but I would not mind seeing him work with the Mac and get the job done quick.

Or they can call in the past producers that worked with them.
Stevie has a lot of songs on 24k that should be played all over the radio. Not happening. Ageism is alive and well in Rock N Roll.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This topic somehow reminds me of how last year when Lindsey said "she can't just come and go" a lot of folks around here took that as meaning his ego was too big to let Christine rejoin, when that wasn't the case at all.

THE Stephen Hopkins