User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
You Can't Fix This?

for FM ... def Everybody Finds Out

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-13-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She definitely wants to do more new music, which is why everybody but Stevie was at the Village earlier this year.
It would be such a shame if Stevie didn't contribute if the others are keen to do so.

Let's hope Christine can twist her arm (so to speak).
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this tidbit of information is true, it could lead to tensions and drama on stage like the old days. Watch put for that flying guitar, Stevie!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
It would be such a shame if Stevie didn't contribute if the others are keen to do so.

Let's hope Christine can twist her arm (so to speak).
it would be a bigger shame if this is all interweb bull 5h!t like the set list , the track listing for 24 karat ....

Last edited by olive; 10-13-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
it would be a bigger shame if this is all interweb bull 5h!t like the set list , the track listing for 24 karat ....
Yeah or it could be drama Queen Mick trying to stir things up!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I'm giving this band too much credit, but why in the world would Christine and Lindsey go into the studio and work on a new album if Stevie were that reluctant? Wouldn't it be a political mindfield to go into the studio to start a new album knowing that not all members are on board? I have a hard time believing that they would do that if Stevie said she was reluctant...at all. Stevie would be furious! I also don't think Lindsey would make the speech every night about this reunion bringing "many fruits" if it didn't involve something other than a cash grab tour.

It sounds like there were various conference calls with the band as Christine has mentioned - you would think (and I hope) that a long term plan was discussed and it wasn't just "welcome back Chris, now how many times can we tour the states now that you're back"

It would be a really crappy thing to welcome somebody back into the band who obviously wants to not only perform live again, but make new music...to welcome them back with the understanding there would not only be touring, but new music as well and then backpeddle on the album.

Personally, if they truely can't get on the same page regarding a new album and Christine's presence won't help the situation...I feel bad for Christine because that has to be momentously discouraging. If relationships are that strained in the band, why bring Christine back into that kind of environment?

I'm remembering why I loved the Stevie Nicks of 1996-1998. She was humble and had some humility as she was just coming out of a rough patch. She was humble and gracious. Now I feel like her ego is WAY out of control. She's only gracious when it benefits her.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ That's exactly what the boys did last year with the EP though. They went in and recorded all this stuff and then persuaded Stevie to take part in the project after the fact.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm remembering why I loved the Stevie Nicks of 1996-1998. She was humble and had some humility as she was just coming out of a rough patch. She was humble and gracious. Now I feel like her ego is WAY out of control. She's only gracious when it benefits her.
I don't want to wade in too deeply here, because this is all conjecture and hearsay at this point, and who knows what will happen once the tour wraps up mid next year. But what has Stevie actually said that shows any lack of humility or graciousness over the past few years?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That probably came across the wrong way. Gracious to the fans, yes. We've been really luck with all of the new music that has come out in just the past couple of years.

I meant more in terms of politically within the band itself. Christine comes back after 16 years and you still want to be cold about a new album (IF that is even true) I don't know, I would be overjoyed to have Chris back and I would realize what an amazing opportunity this is for the entire band, instead of just being hung up about myself and the issues I have about making the album.

The whole thing is confusing so we can't make any assumptions, it could all be BS. Predicting this band is like the weather, good luck.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I don't want to wade in too deeply here, because this is all conjecture and hearsay at this point, and who knows what will happen once the tour wraps up mid next year. But what has Stevie actually said that shows any lack of humility or graciousness over the past few years?
Exactly!! Lots of Stevie hate going on based on pure an alleged conversation. Jesus tits!! The woman has been fiercely loyal to the Mac since 75. Give her a break. She's earned the right to so what she pleases
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
for sure.

but the timing would be most suspicious and lead to all sorts of rumors about why she's not recording.. I mean she's all excited to have Chris back and they do a big tour and it's a new chapter in the ongoing Mac saga and then…poof! Stevie bails.

How does that not in the press look like she refused to record with Chris? Even if she says no it's about Lindsey, come on, you did an album and umpteen tours with him after Chris left. You cried about missing Chris. Chris comes back and THEN you bail??

I don't see how she gets out of this without it backfiring on her PR-wise. I reallllly think she's holding out in order to get whatever it is that she wants, be that an outside producer or the exact producer she wants or whatever.

I'm willing to bet she's threatening not to record to get her way on something--- like how after SYW she held out the threat that she would not tour more than the original 40 dates (LB needed them to do more dates to make more money to make up for the money he would lose on the album from putting on more songs). She had whatever issues with the songs/running order/length of the album and said if you do things your way then I won't tour. They capitulated and she stayed on tour.

That's why I'd love to hear exactly what Mick said, how he phrased his comments.
Let's remember that in 2012 Mick was saying that he thought Fleetwood Mac would never, ever tour again. Then Stevie rushed out to Loose Women in June or July 2012 to reveal that the band would be touring again, 6 months before they officially announced the dates.

Mick should do an interview with Rolling Stone and say that Stevie Nicks is preventing them from releasing new material. Putting public pressure on her seems to work.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Stevie has always sounded more reluctant than the others about a new album, maybe she is worried about how it might sell as some are saying?

(
I wonder how that would have any relevance. If they happen to make a good album and it doesn't bust up the charts, so what? It's not going to end their careers or tarnish their longstanding reputation. Their futures won't be thrust into peril.

In talking about her new album, Stevie has mentioned, in some fashion, that making good music is more of a priority than sales numbers. So why would that be an issue for her in context of Fleetwood Mac? Any album released is a crap shoot. She had no reluctance to release her new album not long after her disappointment in the commercial performance of her of previous album. Authentic artists' motivation to create shouldn't be predicated solely on commercial projections.

Given the amount of vault songs she has, I'm surprised that she hasn't passed them over to Lindsey to at least work on some arrangements. All our speculation is based on nothing but hearsay. Who the hell knows what Stevie's thinking. I wish some interviewer would indirectly ask her "So, what kind of songs are you planning on bringing to the new Fleetwood Mac album? Songs from your vault? New songs? What is it like working in the studio with Christine again? For Fleetwood Mac fans this is the dream we've been waiting for. Can't wait to hear it!"

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-13-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensorcled View Post
Exactly!! Lots of Stevie hate going on based on pure an alleged conversation. Jesus tits!! The woman has been fiercely loyal to the Mac since 75. Give her a break. She's earned the right to so what she pleases
By the same token, the four other band members have earned the right to do as they please without involving Stevie. If it's a choice between an album by Mick, John, Christine and Lindsey or no Fleetwood Mac album at all, which seems to be the case, I think most fans would choose the Stevie-less album over nothing.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

The whole thing is confusing so we can't make any assumptions, it could all be BS. Predicting this band is like the weather, good luck.
Ha! Definitely with you on this one!

I do get the sense that, as time moves on, Stevie has less and less patience for whatever bothers her about the band's dynamics. But who actually knows what goes on behind closed doors.

For me, I'm just happy that Stevie seems genuinely happy, and consistently so.

As to the band recording, I'd love a new Mac album. But after getting Christine back with them on tour and one of Stevie's best studio albums ever, both in the same year, I can't be too greedy.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
You Can't Fix This?

for FM ... def Everybody Finds Out
I think Lindsey would like You May be the One.