The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've decided that my life's goal is to make a Viking cry like a girl for picking on dragons....

JTIS that HTTYD is an awesome movie.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got home from Scotland. School tomorrow, ugh. JTIS

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just thought I'd share that I bought LB's Gift Of Screws today, and am listening to "Great Day" as of this moment. I'd also like to share my deep regret that I didn't purchase this album earlier. Me and my unfounded thoughts that LB wouldn't be able to keep producing awesome music for such a long time... although the snippets of Say You Will and Under The Skin I've heard thus far were what gave me the false impression that LB was losing his ability.
I'm up to "Time Precious Time" now... how did I ever doubt you Lindsey?

EDIT: Okay, I've finished listening to the album, and it turned out the first two tracks were also my favourites, along with "Gift Of Screws". Not to say that I didn't like his other songs, but I found them a little too close to sounding like modern day music for my undivided adoration... anyway, needless to say, I have no regrets having bought the album!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...

Last edited by jaycee; 04-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: The album finished.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I just thought I'd share that I bought LB's Gift Of Screws today, and am listening to "Great Day" as of this moment. I'd also like to share my deep regret that I didn't purchase this album earlier. Me and my unfounded thoughts that LB wouldn't be able to keep producing awesome music for such a long time... although the snippets of Say You Will and Under The Skin I've heard thus far were what gave me the false impression that LB was losing his ability.
I'm up to "Time Precious Time" now... how did I ever doubt you Lindsey?

EDIT: Okay, I've finished listening to the album, and it turned out the first two tracks were also my favourites, along with "Gift Of Screws". Not to say that I didn't like his other songs, but I found them a little too close to sounding like modern day music for my undivided adoration... anyway, needless to say, I have no regrets having bought the album!
So glad you finally bought it!!!!!!! I know I'm biased, but Lindsey's albums are always worth buying!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
So glad you finally bought it!!!!!!! I know I'm biased, but Lindsey's albums are always worth buying!
Yeah, I'm glad too! I actually went into JB Hi-Fi thinking that my orders for Kiln House, Bare Trees and Penguin had come through (for whatever reason I assumed the number of the missed call I didn't recognise was that of JB Hi-Fi's... ), but they hadn't, so I looked about for other things. Occasionally I check LB's section, which is usually pretty bare, but Gift Of Screws just so happened to have been ordered in and put there! I snatched it immediately, and returned a compilation of The Velvet Underground to the shelf (it's all money...). Btw, I also bought Led Zeppelin IV for $10... that's not a bad album either!
And, just so you know, I'm listening to "Gift Of Screws" now... damn Lindsey, you sure can shreik!
I just gave mum a listen - she just said on the outset that she doesn't like it when Lindsey's crazy, but surprised me by warmly saying that he sounds like Sid Vicious, and that I should play it to scare the neighbours when I have my 21st! Rofl!
And now I'm playing "Great Day"... such a good song as well... now "Time Precious Time"... perhaps I'll give the album another listen right now... (I wonder if I'll discover a sudden, unexpected, newfound, deep adoration for some of his other songs on the album this time round?)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
returned a compilation of The Velvet Underground to the shelf (it's all money...).
D: No! Aaargh, I could NEVER put the VU back... if I could only find them.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no bodily allergies. But I am allergic to Liars. And there are so many of them out there...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
D: No! Aaargh, I could NEVER put the VU back... if I could only find them.
Well, I've actually never heard (recognised?) any VU material, so I don't know what I'm missing out on... of course, if Lou Reed's anything to go by ("A Gift" is such a top song! Rofl! True classic! ), I've missed out in a big way. That said, I've listened to Gift Of Screws for a second time, and I've already enjoyed it more the second time 'round. What spoiled it a bit for me was hearing "Did You Miss Me" (a great song, but not my style I'm afraid) after the two fantastic opening tracks, which marred my enjoyment and proper appreciation of the later tracks, until "Gift Of Screws", which unsurprisingly snapped me back into focus (), before I was distanced yet again by "Underground" and "Treason", which I still have yet to appreciate. At least rather quick progress to full likeability is being made!
(Also, I just thought I'd share that I found my favourite album (well, it's tied with Roxy Music's Avalon, but anyway...), Days Of Future Passed by The Moody Blues, unenjoyable the first time I listened to it. Strangely, like most of The Moody Blues material I've heard, I didn't like it the first time 'round. I even went so far as to think "What's this crappy song?" when I heard "Forever Autumn", one of my fav MB songs, on the radio for the first time! Most of the time I think I can attribute this initial dislike to a mix of low volume and general distraction while "listening" to the music.)
(Lastly, I assume everyone here owns Days Of Future Passed by now? I mean, it goes without saying really...)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

JTIS that the hole left behind after you have a molar extracted is extremely disconcerting and also makes it difficult to enjoy your Snack Pack because you're convinced the hole is filling up with chocolate pudding, but it's not like you can really eat anything else, on account of there's a hole in your damn jaw.

FML.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
DefDumbandBlond
This message has been deleted by DefDumbandBlond.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have no bodily allergies. But I am allergic to Liars. And there are so many of them out there...
Are you VF? http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43223
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I reaaaalllyyy have the urge to tell a few people to just shove it. -__-
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a piano in the room and I have no desire to play it. And I haven't for a very, very long time.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Registered

Default I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like...okay, I lied. I do like the drugs.

But I'm pretty sure my friends don't like me liking the drugs. Be thankful you do not text me, or you will end up with a txt conversation like this when I'm all doped up on pain meds from having a tooth yoinked out of my damn jaw:

In response to him asking had I done something or another, me: I totally forgot. My bad. I would forget my head if it wasn't sewn on.

Him: Your head isn't sewn on, babe.

Me: Not true. Unfortunate incident back in '94 involving chainmail, galoshes, a fedora & an angry clothesline. Don't ask for more details, my PTSD will kick back in.

Him: O...kay.

Me: Look, my dear - just...never trust the French. It can only end in pain. That's all I'm sayin.'

Him: O...kay. Right. So what are you doing, anyway?

Me: Sitting here making up stories for you about that one time I got decapitated in Quebec?

Him: Right. I have to go now.

I would have giggled, but that would only end in pain, too.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm tired,
I'm thirstey-heh-heh
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I scored a copy of Fleetwood Mac (1975) for .99 at a thrift store in Myrtle Beach over the weekend.