Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know Stevie.
Okay, knowing how she comes across in whatever is in display for public consumption would be a better term.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
As cool as it was to see Christine again and have “Landslide” dedicated to Peter, it would have been even cooler if they would/could have brought Christine and Peter up and done “Get Like You Used To Be” and “Stop Messin’ Round” as a quartet, then bring up Stevie and Lindsey and do “Oh Well,” and finish with the “Rumours” band doing “World Turning” and “Don’t Stop.”
yes!

and, i'm still highly highly unhappy about no "Oh Well" all together on EU leg and blame Lindsey for that one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I don't think the "sisterhood" thing is a farce.
I didn't say it was a farce -- as if to imply it was fake. I said it was a fallacy and just meant that I think that there is a belief that they are closer than they really are.

I think they are all close, having spent so many formative (career) years together. But I don't think Stevie and Christine have a lot in common, which is why they haven't often been in touch over the last 15 years until now.

As for the hugging, I think it's natural. I just would have thought it would be more evenly distributed.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
HERE IT IS.... THE VIDEO OF ALL THE MEMBERS OF FLEETWOOD MAC (which includes Christine) playing DONT STOP... ENJOY

http://
Yo debí haber estado ahí!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Stop great closeups but incomplete song by Tim Ricketts

Don't Stop (most of song) by DanDanMusicManUK

Last edited by vivfox; 09-27-2013 at 01:18 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Daily Mail UK

Love is in the air for return of the Fleetwood Mac: Adrian Thrills gives his review as band tour Britain

By Adrian Thrills PUBLISHED: 01:51, 27 September 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2g4U9fVK0

Rock’s greatest soap opera rolled into London this week as Fleetwood Mac began their UK tour with a marathon concert dominated by the hits of the Seventies. Emotional punch was added by the presence of two ex-members who were major players in the Anglo-American group’s chequered history.

For a rollicking encore of Don’t Stop, the band were joined at the O2 Arena by keyboardist Christine McVie — onstage with them for the first time in 15 years.

Earlier, singer Stevie Nicks dedicated a poignant Landslide to original Sixties guitarist Peter Green, who was watching from the wings.

As a generation-spanning audience demonstrated, our love for Fleetwood Mac shows little sign of abating, partly because their biggest hits are still so intertwined with their love lives.

The classic 1977 album Rumours was made amid drug-fuelled excess and personal turmoil, with drummer Mick Fleetwood in the throes of a divorce, the marriage of bassist John and keyboardist Christine McVie on the rocks, and the romance between singer Stevie Nicks and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham in meltdown.

To complicate matters, Nicks and Fleetwood later had their own two-year affair.

As the return, albeit for just one song, of Christine McVie confirmed, everyone is the best of friends these days, although the sexual tensions of old lingered in songs like Don’t Stop (Christine’s kiss-off to John) and Go Your Own Way (Lindsey’s bitter adios to Stevie).

The Buckingham-Nicks relationship was also played out for theatrical effect onstage. The former couple, a formidable creative double-act, hugged each other and slow danced during Sara, and walked on holding hands before the encores. At one point, Lindsey — to loud cheers — gave Stevie a gentlemanly kiss on the hand.

Having played 47 American shows in 2013, the band were perfectly cooked. With McVie and Fleetwood providing a fluent rhythmic backbone, Buckingham drove the show musically, setting the tempo with some impressive soloing in the Rumours-era opening salvo of Second Hand News, The Chain and Dreams.

But it is Nicks who gives the group their charisma. Teetering around in black stiletto boots, her microphone stand draped in hippy beads and scarves, she was mesmerising on Rhiannon and Landslide, the latter an acoustic duet with Buckingham.

Alongside the enduring excellence of their songs, it is also the presence of Nicks that connects the band — now all in their 60s — with a younger crowd. Most of the junior members of this audience were female, and it is no coincidence that the new acts most obviously influenced by the group’s classic hooks and harmonies are girl bands like The Pierces and Haim.

Fleetwood Mac’s ongoing appeal also says a lot about the value of experience. From the Stones at Glastonbury to Rod Stewart and Springsteen, many of this year’s best gigs have been played by the veterans, and there was certainly an impressive level of artistry on display here.

As Mick Fleetwood bellowed from his drumkit as the 11 o’clock curfew beckoned: ‘The Mac are back!’ Indeed they are.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2g4UUfLoM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman great closeups by clampit44

Don't Stop by clampitt44

Sister's of the Moon by James Luck

Old 09-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, is SN hitting that low 'D' note (i think it's a D) at the end of GDW. Love it if she is. Screw the high notes, love hearing her taking chances in the bottom end of her range. I bet she can go about 3 tones lower, too.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! I still can't believe it. Some of the scathing reviews of this Fabulous Band on YTube about them being “Commercial” BS after 75. Just look up “Behind the Music”. Some here may agree about this, but I have to disagree. Yes we have Stevie who wrote romantic poetry and LB that perfected her songs in music and publishing to the ionosphere (is that even a word?) LOL..

What drew me to FM in the first place was the obscure lyrics of SN, then the collaboration of ALL the members. I fell immediately in love with Chris, Lindsey and the “bass” boys on ALL of their songs!What A Fu@&ing band that rivals NO ONE!

Don't even get me started on the Harmony of these perfect lyricists. Pure Perfection driven by McVie, herself. She is a soother....the cool water beneath the fiery tones of Buck and Nicks. Reviewing the recent articles about CM joining on stage with the MAC has brought me to a teary-eyed conclusion. Not the Actual Event itself. It was great to see her perform again.

The point of this post is that FM is NOT Commercial BS fodder! From their very beginning, Stevie, Chris, and MICK (overall) saw something Different Than The Norm. And I celebrate that initial thought with every performance since 1969? I love every incarnation of the band, commercial success or not and am NOT ashamed to admit it....What a Fu@&ing Legacy to uphold Mick, You Are the Man!
Now could we persuade Chris in doing one more final tour? Even live on DVD would be GOOD! All Is Good!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post

The point of this post is that FM is NOT Commercial BS fodder! From their very beginning, Stevie, Chris, and MICK (overall) saw something Different Than The Norm. And I celebrate that initial thought with every performance since 1969? I love every incarnation of the band, commercial success or not and am NOT ashamed to admit it....What a Fu@&ing Legacy to uphold Mick, You Are the Man!
Now could we persuade Chris in doing one more final tour? Even live on DVD would be GOOD! All Is Good!
I'm with you! I wish everyone who made fun of how commercial the band is had heard their entire catalog. I'm not saying that would change everyone's mind, but it would certainly surprise quite a few people who have no idea of what kind of depth, complexity and meaning the group's music has, despite the pop appeal that took them to the heights of fame.

Michele
Old 09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Stop most of song by Bov05

Go Your Own Way by cdparky1

Second Hand News by cdparky1

Old 09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Stop (the best sound of all the DS videos filmed that night) bycdparky1

Rhiannon by cdparky1

Big Love by cdparky1

Old 09-29-2013, 05:32 PM