Addicted Ledgie

The beginning is priceless.

S:"This war is a lot better than Afghanistan and Iraq and all that."
L:"This war.."
S:"This war is pretty good."
L:"It's what keeps us going."
S:"That's true."
L:"It's kind of sick."

Last edited by WildHearted; 04-09-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of great pics of the show here
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...twood_mac.html
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
lots of great pics of the show here
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...twood_mac.html
Holy crap.Thank you.They went nuts with the shutter button.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

you are welcome!! they are fantastic pics! i love this one!

and this one

Last edited by kak125; 04-09-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and this one

She looks so beautiful in these photos.

As I'm looking and watching these videos .I might mind as will not to lug my camera to the shows.I cant even compare my blur vision picture taking with all the great photos and videos that all of you made and the pro-photographers too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

3 of my bestfriends went. They loved it! Setlist's the same. Apparently NYC is "sparkly"
And Vanessa Carlton was there. I think Jessi was probably there too, considering she posted on FB she was in NYC.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Incredible "sparkly" Night!!

Twas a "sparkly" evening at Madison Square Garden indeed.

They were on fire tonight, they talked more, they laughed more, and it just keeps getting better and better with every show they do.

YES! I too saw the part during "Don't Stop" where Lindsey rolled his eyes in Stevie's direction and thumb-pointed at her when he said "I never meant any harm to you". LOL That was right in front of me and was great.

I LOVED the banter about the "war" between them. But I loved how Stevie called over to him, she kept saying "Come here, come here" as he got closer she latched on and really looked like she was going in for a kiss. My heart stopped. I think everyone eats up the interactions between them. I also loved it when Lindsey kissed her head!!

I loved how when introducing "Without You" Stevie talked about the disagreement where it could be 1971 or 1974, she seemed to leave it open as to what is actually correct...but mentioned how they have a disagreement between them. And i STILL think when they do this song, something in the sound changes...it almost sounds like a recording that is very old as the backing track when they sing...how do i explain....does anyone know what i mean? It sounds like listening to the old record, so to speak. But I love this song.

Sad Angel...I just love. I cannot WAIT for the new material. I've been waiting for this kind of sound from then since 2003.

Having an aisle seat between middle floor and Lindsey's side section, i was able to stand in the aisle the whole time. There was a security guy sitting in a chair facing the crowd at about Row 5-6. He would not let anyone forward and occasionally got up to make sure we were not blocking the aisle, but when he left, everyone went right back. Finally when I knew it was the last song before encore time, i tapped him and gently asked "Will you at least let us forward for the encores?" he replied, "There is an encore? really? I don't know, I wasn't given a setlist." He was very nice. I said "Ohhh yes, there are actually 2!" He smiled and said "Well in that case, go right ahead." I made my way to the front and found a couple Ledgies i was looking for, planted right at the front on Lindsey's side. The sound right at the front is sooooo different to when you are about 10 rows back. It's a lot louder and fuzzier. But then you trade great and clear sound for great, clear views of Stevie, Lindsey etc. This may not bode well for my recording, however. I am scared it will be way too loud and distorted from when i moved up to the front.

As I mentioned, I planned on recording this show -- which I did When there was about 50 minutes left of the show, the device said the battery power was almost gone, and my heart sank. Being anxious about this put a slight damper on my enjoyment. When i got to the front of the stage, my camera battery died RIGHT when i was finally able to get the best pics! But then, I have pics already, so not not being able to shoot pics actually made me focus more on watching THEM. It was almost a relief, because sometimes you get so wrapped up in your camera and catching the best moments, and worrying about recording or whatever, that you realize you are not living IN that moment.

Anyway, so I did not have the camera, and was in fear of losing power on recording. With every song, i said a little prayer to just last 4 more songs...3 more..2 more...

We almost thought they cut Silver Springs...part of me hoped there would be one less song just so the recorder would make it! LOL. They didn't do Silver Springs in the first encore, so we questioned whether it got cut. But when they came out for the second encore, they did SS and Say Goodbye. So that was a little bit of a change!

But they did every song. Gosh it was just beautiful....Say Goodbye....ahhhhh....when you are at the front, you KNOW better than to interrupt their moment, and not ruin the quiet pause with your own screaming to try to get their attention. We have that respect. But the people who are far away in the rest of the venue, don't feel the connection nearly as much being that far away, so they scream during those delicate, vulnerable moments. When you are right in front of them, you just get it. You are wrapped up in THEIR world. And that is WHY i NEED to be close when I see Fleetwood Mac. I know that if you go to multiple shows, it's so expensive, and so for some of the cities, one might want to opt for upper level, cheaper seats, but for at least one show....it is SO worth it to be close, because you feel so much more connected and involved in what is going on. I feel so grateful for the opportunity to be so close there in Philly and NYC!

I was lucky to have one moment with Lindsey, and I am grateful for that. He heard what I wanted him to hear and that's all I needed. I think this is why everyone loves getting his attention -- because he gives it. Stevie doesn't interact with the fans in the same way, or take moments to look down much and connect. Though I'd love it if she did. I would be ecstatic to have that with her too...

Stevie said the dream was Madison Square Garden. That when you are 8 years old and you think about the dream, being there was it (I paraphrase). Of course NYC ate that up!

Was anyone interviewed outside the venue by NY Mag for the internet site? I was approached and asked some questions (mainly about Stevie and why she is so beloved and popular). The woman recording my answers said she was compiling quotes for an online article. If anyone knows about that or finds it, let us know!

After the show, I got to say hi to some fellow Ledgies who i recognized from other events. It was really nice to "know" people, if you know what I mean. I came with a friend who loves FM, but not in the way where he would be posting on here!

When we left, I saw I just missed the train I wanted, so with 45 min to kill, a few of us had drinks in Fridays in Penn Station and played songs on the jukebox from Say You Will. And then we took the train together and talked until they got off at their stop, and I went on back home.

I am having visions of going on April 24 to Newark, NJ (just across the river from NYC!) It gives me 2 weeks to rest and take a breather before diving in all over again.....

Last edited by AbbiJoy78; 04-09-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really enjoyed reading that abbijoy78! Very personal and heartfelt, thanks.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

The beginning is priceless.

S:"This war is a lot better than Afghanistan and Iraq and all that."
L:"This war.."
S:"This war is pretty good."
L:"It's what keeps us going."
S:"That's true."
L:"It's kind of sick."
Now that is really revealing. It shows that they see how their "war" is play and real at the same time. And here they slightly improvise. But it was funny, so they will do this again. Classic moment.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie doesn't interact with the fans in the same way, or take moments to look down much and connect. Though I'd love it if she did. I would be ecstatic to have that with her too...
To be fair to Stevie, I think this has a lot to do with her being virtually blind. ;-)
I do give Lindsey a lot of credit for the recognition he gives his fans, though.

Great seeing you again!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Mezzoforte, YES! I do agree with your comment. I almost was going to say that but didn't know if it would come off in the right way. I know Stevie can't see too well up there. It's very hard to get her attention I am sure!

I forgot one thing in my post. Stevie looks beautiful. I thought this both times, but in NYC, sometimes when I'd see her on the screen, and again so close to the stage, I was like...wow. Her hair looked so good, her makeup was great. She looked SO good. i heard several comment on how "tiny" she is too. She was beautiful.

Lindsey...well Lindsey is Lindsey and I don't need to go on any more about him. But I really took note of Stevie being gorgeous.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
To be fair to Stevie, I think this has a lot to do with her being virtually blind. ;-)
I do give Lindsey a lot of credit for the recognition he gives his fans, though.

Great seeing you again!
Lindsey has vision problems too and has worn contacts for ages to counter them. Stevie seems to make eye contact. I don't know if she wears contacts too, but I think she can see the front rows. Like when someone threw a cap onto the stage once. I watched her follow the projectory of that cap with her eyes, flying from the audience, until it landed.

Michele
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and this one

I'm not especially on the watch for how they're looking, but damn she's looking good.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New York Daily News, by Jim Farber April 9, 2013
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2PzeZe2SP

Fleetwood Mac rocks Madison Square Garden

Former lovers and once and future bandmates Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham offer up a musical reality show

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 12:32 PM

At both the start and the finish of Fleetwood Mac's stellar set at Madison Square Garden on Monday, the group sang about the ties that bind.

"Chains keep us together," sang Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks early in the night, intoning the words like a warning.

"You can never get away from a woman who loves you," Nicks echoed in "Silver Springs,” stressing the lyric as a threat.

In a sense, she was being quite literal.

More than 30 years after Buckingham and Nicks flamed-out their romantic relationship they’re still re-inhabiting songs that chronicle every scar and slight.

You could say they’re milking it, but there’s a reason the dynamic continues to thrill. In fact, there are many — all of them on generous display at the Garden.

First, of course, there’s the music — an impeccable mix of pop sheen and rock fervor. Then, there’s the power of the singers’ personalities. More, there’s the enduring truths their songs have to impart about the kind of love that far outlasts romance.

In making the lives of all their members so porous — way back in the ‘70s — Mac arose as the culture’s first musical reality show. They whipped life and art into a scary, wondrous, self-exploiting mix — to their great commercial gain, no less. The result has given their songs so much subtext, there’s barely room left over for text.

These days, Mac has focused their view. Some years back, their third great songwriter, Christine McVie, retired, in the process changing the whole dynamic of the band. Without McVie’s breezy ballads, and affable air, the group turned harder, rockier and, obviously, more firmly centered on the Nicks/Buckingham axis.

The duo’s bond predates their Mac days. They put out one bomb album in 1973, a disc they alluded to during the show. They also performed a song written at that time, which they never recorded. That piece, “Without You,” had a folk-rock fluidity, typical of its era, along an idealized lyric. Hearing it in this context turned it into a moving testimony to failed dreams.

The show offered a tease of the future as well. The band performed one new song, “Sad Angels,” which, as Buckingham revealed, will be released on an EP this week. It had a country-rock gait and a chorus you could instantly hum.

In between, the band packed the night with hits, though they didn’t always pick the safest ones. A third of the way through they offered four pieces from their quirkiest album, “Tusk,” including Nick’s moody “Sisters of the Moon.” The singer said they haven’t performed that song in over 30 years.

Most of the hits were delivered faithfully, though with enough altered harmonies to shake off any mold. Buckingham performed the greatest alterations to “Never Going Back Again,” tearing down the verses to hone each word into a dagger.

Without McVie in the mix, Buckingham took more room for his fleet guitar work. His brisk fingerings on “Big Love,” treated Spanish guitar techniques like speed metal, while his long solo in “So Afraid,” built to an orgasmic peak.

For her part, Nicks sounded in fine voice, with more air behind her, and less nasality. The rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie retained its muscularity, aided by two extra musicians on keyboards and second guitar.

At the close of the two-and-a-half hour show, Buckingham performed the song, “Say Goodbye,” a sad kiss-off which he positioned as the flip side of their earlier ode to pie-eyed love, “Without You.” Singing the trembling melody with Nicks, the unending bonds of their lives seemed less like a chained burden than a sweet commitment, a vow that need never be revoked.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2PzeyhYSc
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Newsday, April 9, 2013
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...rden-1.5035822

Fleetwood Mac unveils new side at Madison Square Garden

8:32 AM By Glenn Gamboa

Fleetwood Mac has reinvented itself again.

More than 45 years into a sometimes-tumultuous history marked by personnel changes and intra-band breakups and makeups, Fleetwood Mac has recast itself as more of an alternative band than, well, the album-rock juggernaut that so many bands were rebelling against in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers plan to release an EP – yes, not a full album – later this week, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham said last night on stage at Madison Square Garden. It will feature a new song “Sad Angel,” which is anything but sad, as it plays up the bounciness of the mighty Mac rhythm section of drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie and guitarwork that would be at home on an R.E.M. record. “Have you been conquered by the war?” ask Buckingham and Stevie Nicks in their trademark harmonies, while Buckingham pogos in place.

“Every time we come together, it’s different,” Buckingham said, following a gorgeous version of “Dreams.” “Even after all this time, we’re still evolving.”
As unlikely as that seems, on this current tour, it feels true. While there is no new album to promote this time, the tour is far from a greatest-hits nostalgia package.

They explore their punk-ish side on “Not That Funny” – part of a string of songs from their artistic, experimental album “Tusk” that formed the impressive heart of the show. Buckingham stripped back the title track’s opening to make it more like a White Stripes song, with just him and his guitar. Nicks was thrilling on “Sisters of the Moon,” adding that the band hadn’t played that song on tour since the late ‘70s, and the classic “Sara,” which had more of a guitar focus than the original.

The ever-evolving Buckingham-Nicks relationship also made up a big part of the set this tour, as they paired “Landslide,” Nicks’ song about their breakup, to “Never Going Back Again,” which Buckingham says is about a different relationship, but certainly could apply to theirs as he sings “Been down one time, been down two times, I’m never going back again.”

Their relationship is also part of the other “new” song, “Without You,” which was part of the recording sessions they did between the Buckingham Nicks’ debut album and the duo’s joining Fleetwood Mac. It’s a Cat Stevens-y love song about the happy part of their relationship.

The final encore “Say Goodbye,” from 2003’s “Say You Will” album, is about Buckingham finally being able to let go of their relationship.

“The war is over,” Nicks said, following “Landslide.”

“This is what keeps us going,” replied Buckingham.

(The tour returns to the Prudential Center on April 24 and Nikon at Jones Beach Theater on June 22.)

SETLIST: Second Hand News / The Chain / Dreams / Sad Angel / Rhiannon / Not That Funny / Tusk / Sisters of the Moon / Sara / Big Love / Landslide / Never Going Back Again / Without You / Gypsy / Eyes of the World / Gold Dust Woman / I'm So Afraid / Stand Back / Go Your Own Way // ENCORES: World Turning / Don't Stop / Silver Springs / Say Goodbye

User Rating: ****