User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Here's an email I received from the Morrison Hotel and Gallery:

Mick Fleetwood has personally curated a special collection of music photography to be displayed poolside at the Sunset Marquis. At this event you will have a unique opportunity to meet with Mick Fleetwood as he discusses his history, successes and musical influences.
AN EVENING WITH MICK FLEETWOOD
Event date: August 4, 7-10pm
$350.00 PER PERSON
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE
Tickets are limited, please purchase by July 27, 2018.

Ticketed attendees will enjoy complimentary open bar and hors d’oeuvres prepared by Sunset Marquis Hotel James Beard Award-winning chef.

No parking available at the hotel. Parking available at Sunset Millennium Parking Garage. Enter via Sunset & Alta Loma Rd.
A post from Mick's official Facebook page has just been posted:

Old 07-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
A post from Mick's official Facebook page has just been posted:

This is right around the time tour rehearsals are supposed to start. Maybe if anyone goes they can get some setlist info from him?
If I'm going to spend any money at the Morrison Hotel Gallery it would be on one of Stevie's prints or the other great stuff they have. I think Mick would be great to talk to. I just don't want to pay $350 for the privilege.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:40 AM

AUGUST 2018 NEW MUSIC RELEASES

August's key new music releases include a pair of Alices, some former Black Crowes and a slew of cool reissues.

Rich Robinson, Marc Ford and Sven Pipien have formed a new group called the Magpie Salute. Their upcoming album High Water I includes music dating back to their time together in the Black Crowes. Alice in Chains' latest album, Rainier Fog, was produced by Nick Raskulinecz; he also oversaw their last two LPs, 2009's Black Gives Way to Blue and 2013's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.

Glen Matlock is joined by Earl Slick and the Stray Cats' Slim Jim Phantom on a new solo project that the former Sex Pistols legend has described as "loud skiffle." An 18-track live album commemorating Alice Cooper's Paranormal tour was mixed by longtime collaborator Bob Ezrin.

Reissues include the Band's celebrated 1968 debut album, which has been remixed and expanded for its 50th anniversary. Co-founding Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason is also returning to his '80s-era solo outings for an upcoming box set titled Unattended Luggage.

More information on these and other rock releases can be found below. And remember to follow our continuously updated list of 2018 New Music Releases for details on music issued throughout the year.

Aug. 10
The Allman Brothers Band, Fillmore East: February 1970
Enuff Z’Nuff, Diamond Boy
Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, the Police, the Cars, others, The US Festival: 1982, The US Generation (Blu-ray)
Frank Zappa, the Mothers of Invention and Ringo Starr, 200 Motels (DVD)
The Magpie Salute [Black Crowes], High Water I
Paul Simon, One-Trick Pony; The Rhythm of the Saints (vinyl reissues)
The Zombies, Greatest Hits

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/augus...usic-releases/
Old 07-28-2018, 07:18 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! 60 unbelievable facts about Kate Bush

23. Bush turned down an offer to support Fleetwood Mac on their huge 1978 US Rumours tour.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...bout-kate-bush
Old 08-11-2018, 05:58 AM

This Canadian Horse Might Be Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Fan: Watch

Documentary film students Victoria Anderson-Gardner and Morningstar Derosier were treated to a surprise while shooting a project on indigenous sundancers in Ontario last month. Although the cousins set out to find human dancers, their latest film subject has four legs. The Internet loves a viral dance video, and the latest discovery this week is no exception.

After a day of shooting, the cousins drove past a horse and decided to say hello. "Just for ****s and gigs, I was like, 'Let’s serenade this horse!'" Anderson-Gardener told BuzzFeed. "I asked Morningstar to turn up the tunes and record me so I could post it on my Insta story.”

While playing "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac -- the band's plush, ethereal anthem -- their four-legged friend got groovy to the sweet sounds of Stevie Nicks' signature rasp. "We started singing and then noticed the horse started to dance, so we turned the music up even louder!"

The girls confirmed that they will definitely look out for the horse -- who has amazing taste in music -- next year when they return to the area.

Could the "Dreams" Challenge be the internet's next big viral sensation? We will definitely stay tuned.

Check out the video below.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-horse-dancing
Old 08-18-2018, 07:50 AM

There's a Fleetwood Mac and cheese night happening in Glasgow
The legendary band's music and unlimited macaroni cheese - it's the stuff of dreams

The rumours are true Glasgow - there's a Fleetwood Mac and cheese night happening next month.

It's like all our dreams have come our way. Listening to Fleetwood Mac while eating unlimited servings of one of the city's favourite foods, macaroni cheese.

The night will cost £10 for the dish and £1 per topping, pretty much until you're full.

A DJ will be playing all your favourite Fleetwood Mac songs, on repeat all night.

Organisers believe the night will be a sell out, so book your space by calling 0141 956 6016.

Fleetwood Mac and cheese is on Sunday, September 16 from 4-9pm at Finsbay, Milngavie.

Find out more online here.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-...night-15045360
Old 09-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Click the SEEN icon for details on how to enter a chance to win a dinner with Mick Fleetwood.
Dear fans,

It’s almost time and we’re so excited to see you all on the road. We’re pleased to be able to offer you again for this tour, the very special Mick Fleetwood VIP Experience.

This is your chance to get up close and personal. Get your picture with Mick and some good stories, like only Mick can tell. There are lots of other fun collectible items included in the packages. Need more details or simply want to purchase, click the button below.

Click Here to Buy
Must have a ticket to the concert to purchase this upgrade
Exclusive Meet & Greet with Mick Fleetwood
Photo op with Mick Fleetwood
Q&A session with Mick Fleetwood
Autographed Mick Fleetwood 8x10 photo
Signature Mick Fleetwood designed wool scarf
Mick Fleetwood signature drumhead
Specially designed Mick Fleetwood VIP tote bag
Mick Fleetwood VIP Meet & Greet laminate
VIP Host
All event information is subject to change. Please check back before the event date.

Has anyone else seen this?? Got this email today and all I could think was gimme a friggin break. I'm still trying to process the Ellen sh*tshow, then this shows up. Ugh....
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Has anyone else seen this?? Got this email today and all I could think was gimme a friggin break. I'm still trying to process the Ellen sh*tshow, then this shows up. Ugh....
Yes, I got two emails about it this morning - one from Mick's site, and one from FM.

No surprise, tickets for this were released several months ago. I seem to remember them as being priced at about $800 though so maybe they've dropped. I could be wrong.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I clicked on Nashville, and it said $600(not including your ticket).

What a loser!
Old 09-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Click the SEEN icon for details on how to enter a chance to win a dinner with Mick Fleetwood.
Dear fans,

It’s almost time and we’re so excited to see you all on the road. We’re pleased to be able to offer you again for this tour, the very special Mick Fleetwood VIP Experience.

This is your chance to get up close and personal. Get your picture with Mick and some good stories, like only Mick can tell. There are lots of other fun collectible items included in the packages. Need more details or simply want to purchase, click the button below.

Click Here to Buy
Must have a ticket to the concert to purchase this upgrade
Exclusive Meet & Greet with Mick Fleetwood
Photo op with Mick Fleetwood
Q&A session with Mick Fleetwood
Autographed Mick Fleetwood 8x10 photo
Mick Fleetwood signature drumhead
Specially designed Mick Fleetwood VIP tote bag
Mick Fleetwood VIP Meet & Greet laminate
VIP Host
All event information is subject to change. Please check back before the event date.

I have to think they are feeling the "crunch" I don't think Ellen did anything in the way of helping sell huge amounts of tickets. If the new tactic for promoting the tour is egregious VIP props and singing 2 songs on daytime TV, with no credible interview....well, it may not go over well. During OWTS, they played the Today show, and in the days leading up to performances, they aired interviews with the band. I get Christine was returning and there was a lot to talk about, but from Mick and Stevie's POV, shouldn't this "new band" be as deserving?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, the $10 "Fleetwood Mac and Cheese" event posted above sounds like the better deal--60 times better in fact.

Quote:
For an additional payment of, er, whatever jewelry you're wearing on the night, Mick will personally pull the wool over your eyes.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yeah, the $10 "Fleetwood Mac and Cheese" event posted above sounds like the better deal--60 times better in fact.

For an additional payment of, er, whatever jewelry you're wearing on the night, Mick will personally pull the wool over your eyes.
OMG! I love your posts. They always make me laugh out load! Thank you!

And I agree. Mac n cheese/FM night in Scotland actually sounds divine. About 400 x better than a FM concert now.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Found this gem at RedBubble.

https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/eventur5/works/32610793-lindsey-buckingham-organisch

Sigh - I miss the times, when 'organic' was one of our problems.

Buuuut... lots of other funny stuff as well...
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
Found this gem at RedBubble.

https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/eventur5/works/32610793-lindsey-buckingham-organisch

Sigh - I miss the times, when 'organic' was one of our problems.

Buuuut... lots of other funny stuff as well...
omg, someone needs to tweet this to him!
Old 12-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham’s interview with CBS This Morning: Saturday airs Dec. 8.