User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Wow, I'm devastated by the news... not. It's really sad when people lets their hurt feelings control their thoughts.
But that's where you are wrong. I still love Lindsey and Finn nothing has changed there, I just no longer like Stevie
Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
And dust from a distant sun will shower over everyone,
hahahahahaha... I love you people...
Old 06-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Broken record

Do you need a Sugar Ratty?
He could be your friend
And if you needed some YouTube of Neil Finn
Well, he'd post it again, and again!

But when it comes to Lindsey
He'd better leave well alone
Cause I'm with Buckingham
And I've had it with that Old Kiwi
Yes I've had it with that Old Kiwi!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Do you need a Sugar Ratty?
He could be your friend
And if you needed some YouTube of Neil Finn
Well, he'd post it again, and again!

But when it comes to Lindsey
He'd better leave well alone
Cause I'm with Buckingham
And I've had it with that Old Kiwi
Yes I've had it with that Old Kiwi!
That is literally better than anything Neil Finn has ever written I can *hear* Christine singing it!!

ETA: I still advocate everyone blocking Mouse House or whatever his name is. I still see the embedded tweets. It's annoying.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 06-14-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-14-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
This confirms my point. Stevie and Christine are showing their age (not an insult, just a fact of life). Lindsey's youthful energy props them up. He has been stealing the show since the Dance.
Lindsey's been stealing the show since well before that.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...r-now-19801030

It was Buckingham's show at the beginning of the tour, and, if anything, he was more commanding at the end. Dressed in the ten-gallon hat, boots and white V-neck T-shirt of a Beverly Hills cowboy, he was simply spectacular onstage. He dominated the band as completely as any human being could ever dominate drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie – one of the most cohesive and potent rhythm sections in rock. Buckingham continually battered at the constraints of arena-level rock, both in the quirky, brave songs from Tusk and in his explosive solos. A classic rock & roll spastic, he released enormous amounts of energy with a series of violent, herky-jerky tics. And when he flailed across the stage in "It's Not That Funny" or "What Makes You Think You're the One," it was not a New Wave affectation (as it occasionally seemed at the beginning of the tour); it was simply the only way he knew to exorcise a few bothersome demons.

https://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin.../latimes19.htm

Fleetwood Mac's enthusiasm was almost as engaging at the Bowl as its music. Singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham's informal attire, a white T-shirt, jeans and a cowboy hat, symbolized the unpretentious nature of the show. Without interfering with the music, Buckingham engaged in playful jams with bassist John McVie and generally moved about with the joy of a kid who had just been handed the keys to a toy store. The jams were also significant because they spotlighted the band's adventurousness. Frequently, groups stick to the album versions of their songs. That's not always bad. After all, those versions helped lure the audience to the concert. Sometimes, however, that practice can make a show stale. Fleetwood Mac stuck close enough to the original arrangements to keep the customers satisfied Sunday, but the band benefited from opening up, especially on a rowdy treatment of Buckingham's "Not That Funny."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey's been stealing the show since well before that.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...r-now-19801030

It was Buckingham's show at the beginning of the tour, and, if anything, he was more commanding at the end. Dressed in the ten-gallon hat, boots and white V-neck T-shirt of a Beverly Hills cowboy, he was simply spectacular onstage. He dominated the band as completely as any human being could ever dominate drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie – one of the most cohesive and potent rhythm sections in rock. Buckingham continually battered at the constraints of arena-level rock, both in the quirky, brave songs from Tusk and in his explosive solos. A classic rock & roll spastic, he released enormous amounts of energy with a series of violent, herky-jerky tics. And when he flailed across the stage in "It's Not That Funny" or "What Makes You Think You're the One," it was not a New Wave affectation (as it occasionally seemed at the beginning of the tour); it was simply the only way he knew to exorcise a few bothersome demons.

https://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin.../latimes19.htm

Fleetwood Mac's enthusiasm was almost as engaging at the Bowl as its music. Singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham's informal attire, a white T-shirt, jeans and a cowboy hat, symbolized the unpretentious nature of the show. Without interfering with the music, Buckingham engaged in playful jams with bassist John McVie and generally moved about with the joy of a kid who had just been handed the keys to a toy store. The jams were also significant because they spotlighted the band's adventurousness. Frequently, groups stick to the album versions of their songs. That's not always bad. After all, those versions helped lure the audience to the concert. Sometimes, however, that practice can make a show stale. Fleetwood Mac stuck close enough to the original arrangements to keep the customers satisfied Sunday, but the band benefited from opening up, especially on a rowdy treatment of Buckingham's "Not That Funny."
Then WHY would they fire him?

WHO would fire him?

I truly believe the jealous old goat was behind it, and Mick was too greedy to deny his queen's(money wagon) demands.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:14 AM
Ledgie

You're absolutely right, David, Lindsey has been stealing the show since the early days. Great reviews...thanks for sharing.

When I go back and look at Rumours era footage of Stevie, I am impressed with her stage presence too. Her version of Rhiannon on the Midnight Special was legendary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Yes, I know, she shredded her voice with her Janis Joplin like singing.

Today, as we all know, there's little left to Stevie's voice. Plus, she lacks the energy and passion she once had for the music. Sadly, she's a shadow of her former self. Ditto with Christine. She seemed especially frail on the Buchingham McVie tour.

Meanwhile, Lindsey continues to perform like a mad man. He owns the stage.

I cannot imagine the two new guys bringing the same level of energy to the stage. Neil's music seems intelligent and creative. But very little energy. His music fits in nicely in a 2,000 seat concert hall. In due time, that's where FM will be holding their shows.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Ledgie

Back to my original point...

Stevie draws them in.

Lindsey delivers the goods.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THANK YOU! May I buy you a cocktail?
I'll take that cocktail and raise you one of your choice Homer not David

Old 06-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
Back to my original point...

Stevie draws them in.

Lindsey delivers the goods.

Not for me. The total of five drew me in, then Lindsey made me hang around.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Ledgie

I'll buy that.

But the casual fan is attracted to SN. Then they find out that the substance to the band is elsewhere. Especially at this late stage in the game.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, and to think last year at this time people were raving about Chrisine's performances on the Buck/Vie tour... now, turns out she was frail and didn't sound good, while Lindsey stole the show. And during On With the Show, I don't recall ANYONE saying Christine or Stevie were shadows of their former selves, but 2 plus years later, the opinions have changed. Lindsey was THE singular driving force of that tour as well, or so some people say. Meanwhile, Stevie got rave reviews for her tour, but yeah, she's just a shadow of her former self lol.

This upcoming FM tour is going to go just fine. Christine and Stevie still have plenty of life in them, and I have no doubt Mike will fit in just fine. Neil is the unknown component for me, but I'm curious to see how he blends in.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Ledgie

I did, indeed, go to a BuckVie show. Sadly, Christine's vocals were off the mark. And Lindsey was clearly holding back, careful not to upstage her. Truly, I was sad for Christine...nothing left in the tank for live performances. And I gained a whole lot of respect for Lindsey. He could have gone crazy on stage. But he held back, keeping it a two person thing out of respect for Christine. I have nothing but respect for the two of them. Mick and Stevie...they don't deserve any respect.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Dr.Brown
This message has been deleted by Dr.Brown. Reason: Leaving this site due to heavy-handed mod michelej1
Old 06-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, and to think last year at this time people were raving about Chrisine's performances on the Buck/Vie tour... now, turns out she was frail and didn't sound good, while Lindsey stole the show. And during On With the Show, I don't recall ANYONE saying Christine or Stevie were shadows of their former selves, but 2 plus years later, the opinions have changed. Lindsey was THE singular driving force of that tour as well, or so some people say. Meanwhile, Stevie got rave reviews for her tour, but yeah, she's just a shadow of her former self lol.

This upcoming FM tour is going to go just fine. Christine and Stevie still have plenty of life in them, and I have no doubt Mike will fit in just fine. Neil is the unknown component for me, but I'm curious to see how he blends in.
I am a shadow of my former self and I am a hell of a lot younger than these folks and I don't sing, play guitar or keyboards for a living. I think we can all acknowledge a little wear and tear on them. They've lived hard for a long long time. All of their voices have changed in some way and they can't sing the songs in the keys they were originally arranged in. I do agree though, Christine's voice was a bit weak last year during the 2 Buck McVie shows I saw. That said, loved every minute and both L&C were having an awesome time.
I don't think any one of them is a singular driving force...for me, and I know I am a bit of a broken record as I've said this a few times in other posts....it was collectively the five of them together. There is something so alluring and mesmerizing when they come together. That is what I will miss and why I am most upset
Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
it was collectively the five of them together. There is something so alluring and mesmerizing when they come together. That is what I will miss and why I am most upset
Exactly. I would rather see the five of them together than go to any solo shows.

When Buckingham McVie did Fleetwood Mac songs, I couldn't help but imagine how much better they would sound if all five were doing them.... especially "Little Lies." I enjoyed the shows, but it was nothing compared to the enjoyment I get from a Mac show with the Rumours line-up.

Now all that is gone.