Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default NY Madison Square Garden 4/8

Ok, I know I am getting ahead of myself here. Philly hasn't even happened but I know I will be itching for more! If I could find good floor seats (which I have already), is there anyone willing to maybe go with so I could buy the pair? LOL. And of course then we each pay for our own tickets. I have no one else to go with on Monday, and I can't afford to keep "taking" people hehe. Who else is entertaining going to MSG in NYC!?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Ok, I know I am getting ahead of myself here. Philly hasn't even happened but I know I will be itching for more! If I could find good floor seats (which I have already), is there anyone willing to maybe go with so I could buy the pair? LOL. And of course then we each pay for our own tickets. I have no one else to go with on Monday, and I can't afford to keep "taking" people hehe. Who else is entertaining going to MSG in NYC!?
I've been on the fence about MSG and have been watching tickets since pre-sale
I'm seeing the show in San Jose which is not till 5/22 and really wanna see it before
It's just such a huge cost for me as I live in Rochester which is 250m from NYC, there's the transportation, hotel, and ticket costs along with food and drink
I pulled up 12th row last night and almost bought 1 but didnt and now there's only sec 108 avail, if Im traveling that far and spending that much money I def want a close floor seat
What seats do you have and how much?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't have the tickets but I have found some tix close enough by browsing. I won't buy any till I am sure. I may not know till Sunday.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Ledgie

I'm going to the MSG show. I will have just seen them in Philly, but I couldn't resist seeing them at the Garden - such an iconic venue...I just bought a couple of nosebleed seats, but may nose around for last min good seats, then try to sell those... either way, should be a great show- Hope you get there!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Ledgie

couldnt resist
what the f its only a 7hr bus ride!
its Stevie in NYC @MSG!!!
any advice on what i should do for a ticket?
have been watching tickets since december and the best ones are finally coming up
so far the closest has been rows 12-15
but by monday better ones should pop up
getting a little nervous about a seat as its so close but all those tickets on the broker sites that arent gonna sell for those prices
all those seats have to come back to ticketmaster for reg sale right????
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be there

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
couldnt resist
what the f its only a 7hr bus ride!
its Stevie in NYC @MSG!!!
any advice on what i should do for a ticket?
have been watching tickets since december and the best ones are finally coming up
so far the closest has been rows 12-15
but by monday better ones should pop up
getting a little nervous about a seat as its so close but all those tickets on the broker sites that arent gonna sell for those prices
all those seats have to come back to ticketmaster for reg sale right????
Possibly if they took the insurance option. Keep checking few times a day on ticketmaster. Also, don't be afraid to scout around for tickets night of the show. At Columbus I heard many negotiations going on 15 minutes before show started outside. Someone scored a floor seat for 70 bucks (don't know what row or section) but that was literally a hundred less than face value. Also check craigslist. Someone on the board might also end up with an extra ticket. Good Luck and enjoy the show!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The New York Times Review

Doesn't say much, but a nice review from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/ar...ref=music&_r=0
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE how they described Gold Dust Woman. "From sullen calm to bluesy ferocity; even the cowbell sounded meaner."

I enjoyed reading this review a lot! Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Thanks dontlookdown]

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/ar...ef=music&_r=1&

New York Times, By JON PARELES Published: April 9, 2013

Old Songs and Regret, the Anger Still Fresh

Fleetwood Mac at Madison Square Garden

The kid gloves were off when Fleetwood Mac performed its old songs at Madison Square Garden on Monday night. “Damn your love! Damn your lies!” Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sang, bitter and enraged, in “The Chain,” from Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 album, “Rumours,” which has sold 19 million copies in the United States and was reissued in an expanded version this year.

One factor in the blockbuster success of “Rumours” is that it sounds much prettier than what the songs say. The lyrics are full of heartbreak and recriminations, reflecting the breakup between Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks and the failing marriages of Fleetwood Mac’s drummer, Mick Fleetwood, and bassist, John McVie (whose wife, Christine McVie, was also in the band). Yet the music was full of glossy guitar lines and companionable harmonies; it was radio-friendly California soft-rock.

The band didn’t ignore nostalgia. Between songs, Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks talked about what the lyrics meant, then and now. Ms. Nicks, as always, wore glittery shawls and had many ribbons dangling from her tambourine; at one point she wore a top hat. Mr. Fleetwood, when he stepped from behind the drums, was wearing jodhpur-like cropped pants and dangling spheres, as on the “Rumours” album cover. (The band’s North American tour runs through the summer, stopping at the Prudential Center in Newark on April 24.)

Three decades later, the surfaces are rougher, the passions less restrained. It’s not just that Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks both show wear in their voices: Mr. Buckingham taking on more rasp and bite, Ms. Nicks rationing her high notes. The absence of Ms. McVie, who retired from touring with Fleetwood Mac in 1998, has also shifted the band’s chemistry, since her alto voice offered some solace and her songs — like “Don’t Stop,” part of Monday’s set — provided some cautious optimism.

But Fleetwood Mac also sharpened other components of the songs. It started many of them with Mr. Fleetwood alone on drums, setting out the beat to reveal the music’s pounding, aggressive underpinnings. Mr. Buckingham’s guitar parts — fast, complex perpetual-motion patterns of thumb and fingers — pelted harder, more percussively, than they did in studio album mixes.

The band has reshaped some of its songs too: adding a slow introduction to “Tusk” that brought out its bitter verse — “Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?/Why don’t you tell me who’s on the phone?” — and shifting “Gold Dust Woman” from sullen calm to bluesy ferocity; even its cowbell sounded meaner. “I’m So Afraid” greatly expanded its lead-guitar coda until Mr. Buckingham was pummeling the fretboard with both hands.

Mr. Buckingham said that Fleetwood Mac had recorded new songs in the studio and would soon be releasing an EP, via its Web site; it played one of them, the countryish “Sad Angel,” with lyrics hinting at end-times revelations.

Yet what continues to stir Fleetwood Mac, it seems, is the Buckingham-Nicks romance, which ended after the duo joined Fleetwood Mac at the end of 1974. The band resurrected one of the pair’s songs from the 1970s, “Without You.” It’s a fond song that Ms. Nicks wrote for Mr. Buckingham when, she said, “We were really young and beautiful and in love,” and was lately rediscovered as a demo recording that had been posted to YouTube. And to end the concert, the two were onstage alone, singing “Say Goodbye” from Fleetwood Mac’s 2003 album, “Say You Will.” As his fingers flew through one more virtuosic picking pattern, Mr. Buckingham sang, “Once you said goodbye to me/Now I say goodbye to you.” But they were still together onstage.

Fleetwood Mac’s North American tour continues through July 6; a schedule is at fleetwoodmac.com.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, the EP is going to be released through www.fleetwoodmac.com? Hmmm.

Michele
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

I know but I Just assumed it was a Ledgie who was the recipient of the "sweat-towel" LOL. Fess up! Who among you has it!!?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New York Post, No Rumour, Mac’s back
By MICHAELANGELO MATOS April 9, 2013

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...NmQseCJ1tBQsUL

Fleetwood Mac have so many hits that when they don’t just play them in concert, it can seem like they’re doing something new. That’s how it felt on last night at Madison Square Garden, where many of the obvious (and correct) choices like “Go Your Own Way” and “Gypsy” were goosed by a surprising, and gratifying, number of deep cuts.

Singer-tambourine player Stevie Nicks, singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, founding bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood — bolstered onstage by two male musicians and two female singers — played well and passionately. Sometimes too passionately — Buckingham’s stop-start version of “Never Going Back Again” was showy.

But even there the band was pushing itself a surprising amount. They could have just played “Rumours” front to back, stud it with a few other number-ones, and called it a paycheck. Instead, right after the three back-to-back “Rumours” selections that opened the show (“Second Hand News,” “The Chain,” “Dreams”), they pulled out a new song — titled “Sad Angel” — that Buckingham announced would be on an EP out this week. He also said the band had been working on new material that represented “the best stuff we’ve done in a while,” and “Sad Angel” sounded it — bright and hard like the band’s best-known work.

Later, Nicks began a song by explaining she’d written for an unfinished duo album with Buckingham from 1974. Recently, she’d rediscovered it via, as she put it, “You guessed it, YouTube.” Titled “Without You,” it was gauzy and quite lovely.

They even cleared a four-song mini-set, during the second half-hour, of songs from 1979’s “Tusk,” a legendary “difficult” album that nevertheless is full of goodies. Nicks was fearsome on that album’s “Sisters on the Moon,” throttling her mike stand. Buckingham didn’t lay back, either; he tore into “The Chain” like he’d written it the day before.

Did Fleetwood Mac invent the pop present? Not musically, necessarily — though their comfy-yet-tough ’70s classics are all touchstones for many young musicians. It’s more that the inner conflicts driving both the band — which featured two couples (departed keyboardist Christine McVie was John’s wife) and plenty of affairs — and its music, where we could all hear about their real-life travails, is the model for the social-media pop present. Watching them up there acknowledging their mutual pasts — smartly and with feeling — could make you hope that their maturity will be a model for today’s kids as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
I know but I Just assumed it was a Ledgie who was the recipient of the "sweat-towel" LOL. Fess up! Who among you has it!!?
Well, I know there are Ledgies with towels, but I don't know about this particular towel
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has really been kicking up the energy! She's all over the place on tusk!