The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-08-2006, 03:43 AM
robm's Avatar
robm robm is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer
Thank you, robm. 'Precious Little' is also currently available direct from Bluestown, Norway. They give prompt and reliable service. It would be nice if it could be released in India, too.
Thanks...I'll search them out!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-08-2006, 09:25 AM
sharksfan2000's Avatar
sharksfan2000 sharksfan2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 982
Default

Robm - here's link to the Bluestown website:
http://www.bluestownrecords.com/index_e.htm
Click on the "Catalog" link to order. As Jeremy wrote, the service was excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-09-2006, 12:17 AM
robm's Avatar
robm robm is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 79
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Robm - here's link to the Bluestown website:
http://www.bluestownrecords.com/index_e.htm
Click on the "Catalog" link to order. As Jeremy wrote, the service was excellent.
Thanks...I sent them an order request yesterday...waiting to hear from them as they will e-mail me an order # so I can paypal...then they will send...look forward to listening to the new stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
sharksfan2000's Avatar
sharksfan2000 sharksfan2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
i do know a fair bit about syd barrett. his case is similar in that he was under tremendous pressure to produce hit records and lead the band. was different in that, by all accounts that i've read, he took much more acid than pete (both intentionally and spiked) and very large quantities other drugs (mandrax). some believe this led to serious brain damage as well as induced mental illness. as i recall both roger waters and david gilmour (who both knew him as teenagers) believe that there were possibly underlying latent mental issues that the drug use brought on. barrett has well recovered to that the degree that he has lived alone and maintained a house for many years now. i believe that barrett does not have schizophrenia although he prefers not to interact with people other than relatives and tends to depression. on the otherhand, again according to what i've read, he paints and gardens,does his own shopping and is on good terms with his neighbors.
Some sad news to report about Syd Barrett - news reports today say that he passed away a couple of days ago:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711/...u/obit_barrett
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-11-2006, 12:47 PM
dansven dansven is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Some sad news to report about Syd Barrett - news reports today say that he passed away a couple of days ago:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711/...u/obit_barrett

So terribly sad......
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Popmuseum's Avatar
Popmuseum Popmuseum is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 90
Default Peter Green & the famous "Highfish Commune" in Munich 1970

Hello there,

"Fleetwood Mac"- and "Peter Green"-fans should know that Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

By the way: Rainer Langhans' girl-friend Christa Ritter tells she's gonna make a movie about Peter Green's Munich accident: Peter Green’s (Ex-Fleetwood Mac) Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970:
http://zia.pentabarf.org/programm/speakers/29.de.html

Read more about Uschi Obermaier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Obermaier

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Wouter Vuijk's Avatar
Wouter Vuijk Wouter Vuijk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Hello there,

"Fleetwood Mac"- and "Peter Green"-fans should know that Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

By the way: Rainer Langhans' girl-friend Christa Ritter tells she's gonna make a movie about Peter Green's Munich accident: Peter Green’s (Ex-Fleetwood Mac) Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970:
http://zia.pentabarf.org/programm/speakers/29.de.html

Read more about Uschi Obermaier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Obermaier

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
It would be nice if Christa would also be able to lay a hand on the recordings made, and get them published.

And, like I mentioned elsewhere: do not apologise for your "poor" English. At least you get further than most native English speaking get with German or whatever other language.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
sharksfan2000's Avatar
sharksfan2000 sharksfan2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
At least you get further than most native English speaking get with German or whatever other language.
I'm sure you're correct, Wouter, although I could understand "wir haben getrippt und gejammt" Pretty cool info from Popmuseum - thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 AM
Popmuseum's Avatar
Popmuseum Popmuseum is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 90
Default

Habedieehre,

herzlichen Dank für die freundliche Begrüßung (hier). Schön!

Wenn es etwas Neues über München zu berichten gibt, werde ich wieder in Englisch posten.

Bis dahin,
g'schamster Diener,
Popmuseum

Last edited by Popmuseum : 01-30-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Karl-Heinz's Avatar
Karl-Heinz Karl-Heinz is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Habedieehre,

herzlichen Dank für die freundliche Begrüßung (hier). Schön!

Wenn es etwas Neues über München zu berichten gibt, werde ich wieder in Englisch posten.

Bis dahin,
g'schamster Diener,
Popmuseum

P.S.: Mit diesem Posting habe ich Wouter Vuijks Wunsch nach einem Wienerischen Beitrag erfüllt und hoffe, dass er das Posting ins Angelsächsische überführt. Danke!
Bist a Weana Strizzi oder bist a Fiaker, ein Herr Graf oder ein Herr Doktor. :-) Servus
__________________
Truckin' got my chips cashed in,
I'm truckin', like the Doodyman

Last edited by Karl-Heinz : 01-30-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: correct
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Popmuseum's Avatar
Popmuseum Popmuseum is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 90
Default off-topic-reply: Austrian charme (imitated by James Joyce)

„… and believe me, my dear Miss Beach,
to be,
your most obedient servant,
und indessen erlaube ich mir an Euch beide die
Versicherung meiner Hochachtung auszudrücken“
(James Joyce to Adrienne Monnier and Sylvia Beach, 3. September 1928).
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Wouter Vuijk's Avatar
Wouter Vuijk Wouter Vuijk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 688
Default Off topic too, just for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Bist a Weana Strizzi oder bist a Fiaker, ein Herr Graf oder ein Herr Doktor. :-) Servus
Graf Bobby?????
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Karl-Heinz's Avatar
Karl-Heinz Karl-Heinz is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 82
Default

Ich bitte dann um weitere weanerische Beiträge!

Oder eine Übersetzung

http://www.wienerlieder.at/index.asp...m=0&ObjID=6882

Könnte Langhans dabei gewesen sein?
__________________
Truckin' got my chips cashed in,
I'm truckin', like the Doodyman
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Popmuseum's Avatar
Popmuseum Popmuseum is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 90
Default Rainer Langhans: Ich bin‘s. Die ersten 68 Jahre. Autobiographie

Two weeks ago Rainer Langhans has published his autobiography. He mentions again Peter Green's visit at the HighFish / Hai-Fisch / Stoned-Shark-commune in March 1970.

Rainer Langhans: "Ich bin's - Die ersten 68 Jahre. Die Autobiographie"
256 pages & 16 pages photographs.
19,90 Euro
ISBN: 978-3-936738-34-6
Published: February 2008


Last edited by Popmuseum : 03-03-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Popmuseum's Avatar
Popmuseum Popmuseum is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vienna
Posts: 90
Default

Pages 114-116 of Langhans' Autobiography tell how Langhans and Obermaier have invited Greenie to their commune (Castle Kronwinkl near Landshut), how they spent some time together, that the communards met Greenie two weeks later twice in London and that Greenie had helped the communards to get in contact with the Rolling Stones.

Langhans tells that the members of Fleetwood Mac believe that the communards are guilty of Greenies mental breakdown.

(Don't forget to excuse my English. But I'm only used to read English but not to write in English. This time i made an exception, because i thought you're interested to read what is written in Langhans brandnew autobiography).

Popmuseum

Last edited by Popmuseum : 03-04-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved