Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop1919 View Post
Hi,

I hope the following info helps:

The song "Nothing Without You" was played live sometime during the 1994 tour. I have a vhs tape (somewhere) that I received in a trade from a concert for The Soccor Rocks The Globe cd. It's some sort of concert that Fleetwood Mac participated in for the World Cup event (exact date unknown). The quality is poor at best, but I pulled the audio from it just to have that song live.

Additionally, I have a cassette tape from Holmdel, NJ dated July 27, 1995 which has Bekka singing Landslide to close the show. I saw them a few nights later in Camden with Reo Speedwagon & Pat Benetar for what the audience was told was the first night that they were performing "Dreamin' The Dream" in place of "Landslide".

I was lucky enough to see the band in August of 1994 and again in July of 1995. The did put on a fantastic show.

This is my first post, so if I've made any mistakes let me know. This is new to me.

Thanks
Welcome to the Ledge! I was at that that show in Camden too. Congrats on your first post.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I really feel that Christine and Billy should both have been more the focus in the new "frontline", but with Christine not wanting to tour and apparently Billy leaving then returning late in the making of the album, I guess it wasn't really possible. Though they did have good chemistry and had a few songs and kinda a history together. And essentially ignoring Behind the Mask album was a mistake, definitely!
The Time album is so schizophrenic...or maybe just bi-polar.
If you look at the musicians who performed on the Time album, there are sessions players who are exclusive to Christine's songs. Her contributions were esssentially solo songs created in a vacuum, with a distinct difference from the rest of the band.

They intended to be a viable working band. Christine just used the album as a vehicle to get some songs produced and released. Granted, her inclusion gave the album a (limited) market appeal that otherwise would have sunk the album to an even lower status.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Granted, her inclusion gave the album a (limited) market appeal that otherwise would have sunk the album to an even lower status.
Kinda curious if her inclusion helped the sales of the album or not? She was FM's biggest hit maker, but w/Stevie and Lindsey gone, the "threesome" was broken.