Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Looking forward to 2018 tour

Like everyone else I am seriously looking forward to Fmac 2018 Tour..

One thing that is already interesting me....
Will Stevie be allowed all the chat about her songs ?
We know that during her latest Solo tour she rambles on a lot.

And thinking about it ...what’s she got left to chat about ?
We’ve already heard it all......or have we.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I cant imagine her telling the Gypsy story again. I hope I am wrong but I suspect tensions will be high during this tour. We may get no chatter at all. At least during 2014 the novelty of Christine back in the band broke up some of the tensions. After seeing Buckingham/McVie up close I am fearful I wont enjoy the Mac show as much as I should unless they really mix it up which is a pipe dream.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not terribly excited about this upcoming tour. Coming so quickly off the other massive world tour, this roundup feels perfunctory, a by-the-numbers cash grab. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe there will be a handful of new songs or some deep cuts?

I'd much rather Lindsey and Christine return to the studio for a second BuckVie project. (I'd wish for a full-band studio album if I didn't think wishing on it was useless.)
Old 11-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm not terribly excited about this upcoming tour. Coming so quickly off the other massive world tour, this roundup feels perfunctory, a by-the-numbers cash grab. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe there will be a handful of new songs or some deep cuts?

I'd much rather Lindsey and Christine return to the studio for a second BuckVie project. (I'd wish for a full-band studio album if I didn't think wishing on it was useless.)
same.

really hope Lindsey's solo tour goes on for at least a few months next year - need that fill of more new stuff and hopefully some requests!

and then i hope BuckVie get to go into studio for a month or 2 and work on their 2nd album so they can have it in a can and just add finishing touches during the Mac tour. that way they can be ready to put it out right after that Mac tour and give us another BuckVie.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Same. UNLESS they put out some new material (which they won't).

It's just another stupid cash grab. Lame.

I think BV showed Lindsey and Christine how it should be. Going out on a creative note. With no animosity within the band. No drama. No FAKE LOVEY DOVEY garbage on stage.

Rip this FM bandaid off, and give us another BV album and tour! What a way to end their careers!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think here in The UK I’m coming from a slightly different angle.
It will be 3 years since they’ve been in The UK and Buckvie haven’t
toured here, so I AM looking forward.
Having said that I would definitely like a new set..
Old 11-21-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think here in The UK I’m coming from a slightly different angle.
It will be 3 years since they’ve been in The UK and Buckvie haven’t
toured here, so I AM looking forward.
Having said that I would definitely like a new set..
I definitely want you to get to see the Mac again.

Personally I would love another BuckVie album.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the Buckingham solo. I have no desire to see the full band for whatever reason. I saw enough shows last tour and it was so scripted. I really don't need more Fmac. I hope they do 30 shows in US an d 10 shows in UK/Europe and a few in Oz... then wrap it up.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I definitely want you to get to see the Mac again.

Personally I would love another BuckVie album.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the Buckingham solo. I have no desire to see the full band for whatever reason. I saw enough shows last tour and it was so scripted. I really don't need more Fmac. I hope they do 30 shows in US an d 10 shows in UK/Europe and a few in Oz... then wrap it up.
������
I would like a UK tour with loads of tracks we never hear....
And if (as seems so) no new Album
Call it a day and do solo or duo stuff

Last edited by sue; 11-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Correcting crap spelling
Old 11-22-2017, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have ZERO interest in this tour without new music. Plus Stevie has so much hate for Lindsey and she doesn't hide it anymore. I have no interest in seeing their fake interaction.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We are probably 15% of the Mac concert goers who know the deep tracks or want new music. They must play all the hits or get food thrown at them. Its just reality and its not unique to the Mac. However there are some unique fan bases like Bruce or the Stones where they could get away with not playing one hit and still pack the house to rave reviews.
I had the Buck/McVie CD since its release and its been in my car's CD player ever since. I was looking forward to hearing all the music during the show but to my surprise I much preferred to hear their new tracks than the Mac tunes they played. Even in that small crowd, I was in the minority of the minority. I guess things could be way worse. The Eagles just announced a 12 night stadium tour. I would never attend a stadium concert even with the Mac. They play for the masses and the sound is crap. I know Stevie (only) fans will flame me for saying this but please don't complain about the band playing the same songs over and over. Stevie is the reason there is no new music with the Mac....end of story period. She has surrendered her music creativity to the drama between her and Lindsey. She is content in life playing new solo music to her fans but even happier for the big pay check from the Mac for singing Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams and Landslide for the tenth million time.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-22-2017 at 08:07 AM..
Old 11-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We are probably 15% of the Mac concert goers who know the deep tracks or want new music. They must play all the hits or get food thrown at them. Its just reality and its not unique to the Mac. However there are some unique fan bases like Bruce or the Stones where they could get away with not playing one hit and still pack the house to rave reviews.
I had the Buck/McVie CD since its release and its been in my car's CD player ever since. I was looking forward to hearing all the music during the show but to my surprise I much preferred to hear their new tracks than the Mac tunes they played. Even in that small crowd, I was in the minority of the minority. I guess things could be way worse. The Eagles just announced a 12 night stadium tour. I would never attend a stadium concert even with the Mac. They play for the masses and the sound is crap. I know Stevie (only) fans will flame me for saying this but please don't complain about the band playing the same songs over and over. Stevie is the reason there is no new music with the Mac....end of story period. She has surrendered her music creativity to the drama between her and Lindsey. She is content in life playing new solo music to her fans but even happier for the big pay check from the Mac for singing Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, Dreams and Landslide for the tenth million time.
Couldn't have said better myself. Stevie's fans are anxiously waiting for the Mac tour to hear over and over again that crappy 10 minutes long Gypsy story, in which half of the things she says are not true. And don't you dare interrupt her or let her know she should finish because you get the cold shoulder for the rest of the night.

An Australian journalist complained about it recently and Stevie's fans flamed her for it, because they LOVE her story. I go to a concert to listen to music. If I want to hear Stevie telling false stories then she should do a Stevie convention or something like that.

I also want to hear new music and that's not gonna happen with the Mac because Stevie doesn't want to and Mick does want Stevie wants. That's why Lindsey and Chris decided to start a new project. I thank Chris every day of my life for being on board with Lindsey.

Having said that, I'll definitely go to some Mac concerts, because I only saw them live once. And I want more. But the drama will be there, for sure.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Couldn't have said better myself. Stevie's fans are anxiously waiting for the Mac tour to hear over and over again that crappy 10 minutes long Gypsy story, in which half of the things she says are not true. And don't you dare interrupt her or let her know she should finish because you get the cold shoulder for the rest of the night.

An Australian journalist complained about it recently and Stevie's fans flamed her for it, because they LOVE her story. I go to a concert to listen to music. If I want to hear Stevie telling false stories then she should do a Stevie convention or something like that.

I also want to hear new music and that's not gonna happen with the Mac because Stevie doesn't want to and Mick does want Stevie wants. That's why Lindsey and Chris decided to start a new project. I thank Chris every day of my life for being on board with Lindsey.

Having said that, I'll definitely go to some Mac concerts, because I only saw them live once. And I want more. But the drama will be there, for sure.
I don't mind a quick story. But that Gypsy story was nails on a chalkboard. I did like the story after the show about how her spirit catcher brought Christine back..
Old 11-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been absent from this site for a while; can someone update me on when the tour is supposed to start now? Thanks
Old 11-22-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't mind a quick story. But that Gypsy story was nails on a chalkboard. I did like the story after the show about how her spirit catcher brought Christine back..
Nah, me neither! A story like BuckVie story.

Oh, yeah, her sprit catcher was what surely brought Christine back. I can imagine the other four rolling their eyes behind her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Nah, me neither! A story like BuckVie story.

Oh, yeah, her sprit catcher was what surely brought Christine back. I can imagine the other four rolling their eyes behind her.
They left the stage!! I swear.. It was at the end.