The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this video and thought of Stevie playing that cowbell in the old days. Just a silly thought.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been watching classic movies on YT.I love Carole Lombard what a natural beauty.

I was looking at the Wildheart promo poster over the weekend and said wow.What a resemblance.

Stevie can capture the 1930's look that Carole did then.

I love Carole's 1936 classic.My Man Godfrey.Its my favorite.

Its so sad that her life was takin so young at 33 in a tragic plane crash in 1942 along with her mother with 20 others.She was Clark Gable's wife at the time and was married to William Powell earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Lombard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghjkkgh.jpg (6.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg .l'.l..jpg (7.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lombard.jpg (14.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Carole_Lombard-Robert_Armstrong_in_The_Racketeer.jpg (42.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg b0832211cca0e1c2ffa04b24deb3e1be.jpg (14.0 KB, 5 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've had "Magnet & Steel" stuck in my head a lot this week. I went out for ice cream earlier this evening, and, low & behold, it came on the radio while I was waiting for my order.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I've had "Magnet & Steel" stuck in my head a lot this week. I went out for ice cream earlier this evening, and, low & behold, it came on the radio while I was waiting for my order.

ESP.LOL... Thats like me.When I turn on the radio or tune to a station.Stevie or FM is coming out of the speaker or I walk into a store the same thing.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got this Billboard chart info from a radio friend .

You can check Stevie's tunes along with your other favorite artists over the years they charted.

http://www.adrive.com/public/DkJWh5/...2020140510.xls

Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a article from New York Times about a very young Jimmy Iovine working with John Lennon and Apple computer .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/bu...illed-ear.html

Jimmy Iovine, a Master of Beats, Lends Apple a Skilled Ear

By BEN SISARIOMAY 28, 2014

CUPERTINO, Calif. — Apple’s new music impresario, Jimmy Iovine, didn’t start out writing code or studying computer engineering, the usual path of a Silicon Valley mogul. Instead, his career began sweeping floors at New York City recording studios and fetching tea for John Lennon.

But Apple is betting that Mr. Iovine’s four decades in the trenches of the recording industry, his knack for trend-spotting and his credibility with artists will help the company rejuvenate its music business nearly three years after the death of its co-founder, Steven P. Jobs.

On Wednesday, after weeks of speculation, Apple said it would pay $3 billion for Beats Electronics, the company that Mr. Iovine (pronounced eye-oh-VEEN) founded with the rap star Dr. Dre that includes the Beats by Dr. Dre headphone line and a fledgling streaming music service.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

For Apple, the acquisition of Beats largely follows a familiar pattern of buying technology outfits that have resources and talent that it can blend into future devices and online services.
Apple to Pay $3 Billion to Buy BeatsMAY 28, 2014
David Hyman, the founder of Mog, a subscription music service, in 2011. Beats acquired his company a year later.
Former Executive Sues for Stake in Beats Electronics, Object of Apple’s DesireMAY 16, 2014
Jimmy Iovine co-founded Beats with the rapper Dr. Dre.
Apple’s Pursuit of Beats May Foretell a ShiftMAY 9, 2014

“We looked at the combination with Beats, and what we saw is a company that has incredible, rare talent,” said Apple’s chief executive, Timothy D. Cook, in a joint interview with Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre at the company’s headquarters here.
Photo
Mr. Iovine is joining Apple. Credit Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

One of the most powerful figures in the music industry, Mr. Iovine, 61, brings to Apple deep celebrity connections and a devil-may-care attitude that stands in stark contrast to the businesslike manner of Mr. Cook.

Mr. Iovine’s relationship with Apple dates to the beginnings of iTunes, when he became a friend and crucial advocate for Mr. Jobs as he tried to persuade nervous record executives to sell their songs ŕ la carte.

“Jimmy was one of the first people we showed iTunes to,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s content chief.

As part of the deal, Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre — whose real name is Andre Young — will join Apple in senior positions reporting to Mr. Cue, and Mr. Iovine will leave his longtime post as chairman of Universal Music Group’s Interscope Geffen A&M division, where he has guided the careers of U2 and Eminem.

Formerly married to a Playboy centerfold, Mr. Iovine rivals some of his artists in his celebrity profile around Hollywood; in a bland corporate conference room at Apple on Wednesday, he wore a shiny blue blazer and light blue suede high-top sneakers.

Apple’s acquisition of Beats reflects the transformation of the music industry over the last decade, which has gone from selling CDs and downloads to fast-growing streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and YouTube. Many in the recording industry say that Beats Music, the company’s new subscription streaming service, is the real growth engine in Apple’s acquisition.

“To have a kingpin around subscription, and someone who really understands content within Apple, we feel very positive about that,” said Lucian Grainge, the chairman of Universal Music. Universal acquired a 14 percent stake in Beats by allowing Mr. Iovine to pursue the company, a share that will net the label more than $400 million.

Mr. Iovine got his start as a studio gofer in the 1970s, but quickly made his name as an engineer and producer, working with acts like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.

“My life changed because Bruce Springsteen got on a mic in front of me,” Mr. Iovine said. “That continued in my life over and over again, so I get the joke now. Artists have to be represented properly, and paid properly.”

Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre will each earn hundreds of millions of dollars from the Apple deal.

Interscope Records, which Mr. Iovine founded in 1990 with the retail heir Ted Field, became the hottest label of the 1990s by betting on the commercial appeal of gangsta rap acts like Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg.

“He can see around corners,” said Doug Morris, the chairman of Sony Music, who as the head of Warner Music’s Atlantic Group in the 1990s backed Interscope. “It was Jimmy who really believed that rap was going to go mainstream, and it did exactly what he thought.”

Now part of Universal, Interscope has maintained its success with acts like 50 Cent and Lady Gaga, buoyed by Mr. Iovine’s reputation as a rare corporate executive who understands the creative mind-set of his artists.

Mr. Iovine is also famously relentless in business. To seal a joint-venture deal, he once called an executive at another label every day at 3 p.m. for a year. Gwen Stefani refers to “Jimmy jail” — the purgatory when Mr. Iovine sends his artists back to the studio again and again “to write that last track, that career-changing track,” Ms. Stefani said in an interview. As painful as that jail can be, Mr. Iovine’s nose for hits is usually right. “The good news is, he’s Jimmy,” Ms. Stefani said. “The bad news is, he’s Jimmy.”

Mr. Iovine described his move to Apple as “the second phase of my music career.” But that move began in 2008, when he and Dr. Dre began selling their Beats by Dr. Dre headphones as a response to the cheap white earbuds that Apple gives away with its products. Sold for up to $450, the sleek, bass-heavy earpieces now represent about 60 percent of high-end headphone sales.

Dr. Dre is said to be closely involved with the design of the headphones that bear his name, but Mr. Iovine seems to do most of the talking. In a half-hour joint interview at Apple, Dr. Dre spoke once, saying, “this is the dream.”

“Jimmy figured out that whatever format of music comes along, people are going to need ways to listen to it,” said Jon Landau, the manager of Mr. Springsteen and a longtime friend of Mr. Iovine’s. “He bet into a business in which how the music sells and how much record companies collect is irrelevant.”

But with Beats’s push into streaming, Mr. Iovine — and now Apple — are making a bet on how consumers will listen to music in the future. Thus far, Beats Music has not posed much of a threat so far to established players like Spotify. The service, introduced in January, is estimated to have about 200,000 paying subscribers, while Spotify has 10 million.

“Jimmy has time and again proven his ability to understand the tastes of the mass market, in an extraordinary way,” said David Pakman, a former digital music executive who is now a partner at the venture capital firm Venrock. “But he hasn’t yet proven his ability to get a digital music service off the ground.”

Until now, Apple’s moves toward streaming have been tentative. Its iTunes Radio service, meant to compete against Pandora, has found minimal traction in the market. Yet streaming has become the music industry’s next big hope as download sales are now beginning to plunge after a decade of growth.

Mr. Iovine, Mr. Cook and Mr. Cue all described subscription as a critical part of Apple’s future, although they were careful to say that downloads remain important, too. As part of the deal, the Beats brand and music service will continue on its own, for now.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Iovine was, as ever, the consummate promoter, hyping the deal as a perfect union of technology, style and business know-how.

“You go into any recording studio in the world and you see candles, lights and that Apple light from a Mac,” Mr. Iovine said. “Apple is a company that understands music. They are culturally adept; most technology companies are culturally inept.”

A version of this article appears in print on May 29, 2014, on page A1 of the New York edition with the headline: A Master of Beats Lends Apple a Skilled Ear .

Photos below.

Jimmy Iovine, left, and John Lennon in 1974, during the recording of Mr. Lennon’s “Walls and Bridges” album in New York City. Credit Bob Gruen

And Jimmy today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep my good sounding 1970's earphones along with my mp3 player or transistor radio .I'll be fine without those inflated over priced $$$$ headphones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iovine-master675.jpg (71.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IOVINE-master180.jpg (12.8 KB, 6 views)

Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Top 10 Most Stylish Women of Rock and Roll

I found this tonight.I dont recall if this was posted on TL before.

Stevie made it on a another list.

From www.collegefashion.net

http://www.collegefashion.net/inspir...rock-and-roll/

--------------------The Top 10 Most Stylish Women of Rock and Roll-------------

Written by Chelsea - University of Oklahoma

You know what today is – that’s right, it’s time for another fun Top 10 Countdown. This week, we’re focusing on yet another intersection between music and style — the most stylish women of rock and roll.

It never ceases to amaze me how much of our fashion is influenced by musicians. This phenomenon seems to make intuitive sense, though — someone creative enough to produce awesome music probably has the panache and attitude exciting enough to create a memorable aesthetic. It’s pretty cool when you think about it. Anyways, let’s jump right in!

(Note: Because many of these rock goddesses are from eras of the past, licensing photos for this post was more of a challenge than usual. I’ve provided a link to a good Google search under each person’s name to help you get a better, more holistic idea of their personal styles.)

Marianne Faithfull

We might all know Marianne Faithfull best as one of Mick Jagger and Jim Morrison’s muses, but she was also an accomplished rock singer, songwriter, and actress.

Marianne Faithfull adopted many key hippie items in her time – bell bottoms, platforms, fringe vests, and peasant blouses to name a few — but her style was also heavily influenced by the eccentric and funky accessories worn by her famous boyfriends. She was known to wear feather boas, over-the-top fur coats, heart-shaped Lolita sunglasses, and leather pants and jackets. Marianne also wore lots of mod-inspired pieces, like mini dresses, tights, and mary janes.

To steal her look without looking too costume-y, mix a few statement pieces with an otherwise-simple ensemble. Try wearing crazy sunglasses and a hippie headband with a sundress, or lace-up knee-high boots and a fur vest with skinny jeans and a t-shirt.

Marianne Faithfull went light on the make up, but never went anywhere without her thick and perfectly styled bangs. Even though I love the look of bang, I’m way too scared to try them for myself. So, if you’re like me, I hear you can buy reasonably priced clip-in bangs to test the look out. Finish with texture spray throughout the rest of your hair, black eyeliner and mascara along the your top eyelid, and finish with light pink blush.

Songs to check out: As Tear Go By, Angel, Broken English

Karen O

Karen O, lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, is practically synonymous with loud fashion. With a wardrobe mostly made up of pieces by her fashion designer friend Christian Joy, we’ve all grown to expect Karen O to always rock something fantastic.

Karen’s wardrobe is known for mixing colors, fabrics and textures, bulky layers, unusual shapes, and a dose of theatricality. She’s been seen in jackets made of our pounded leather plates, Beetlejuice-esque black and white suits, geometrically shaped dresses, and more.

Want to snag her style, but still look classroom-appropriate? Try wearing really funky earrings and bangle bracelets with a neutral outfit, or rock a pair of patterned harem pants with a plain tank and a cropped jacket.

Karen O’s famous haircut is another thing that makes her stand out from the crowd. It sort of resembles the infamous cereal bowl haircut – but in the best way possible. Her mop top gives her a funky, quirky innocence that she totally pulls off. While I wouldn’t recommend this haircut for the faint of heart, you can easily copy this look by pulling your hair into a low ponytail and pulling out face-framing layers. Finish with a bright lip color and eye shadow.

Songs to check out: Maps, Heads Will Roll, Zero

Heart

Nancy and Ann Wilson, the (respective) lead singer and guitarist for the band Heart, were considered two of the most badass babes of their time.

These sisters cranked out tons of hits and looks insanely chic while doing so. The Wilson sisters often wore skin-tight leather pants and jeans, suede and leather vests, studded jackets, and flowy blouses. To steal their rock star-glam look, wear skinny jeans with your toughest pair of boots, a silky button-down shirt, and a funky vest.

Nancy and Ann Wilson both also rocked feathered, center-parted hair styles, which were all the rage back in the mid-’70s during Heart‘s peak in popularity. Their makeup was full and glamorous, both focusing on their big, cat-like eyes.

To copy their look, blow dry your hair away from your face with a round brush, tease the roots, and finish with hairspray. Line your eyes with black eyeliner and smudge some gray eyeshadow on your lids. Finish with two or three coats of black mascara, focusing on the outer third of your lashline.

Songs to check out: Barracuda, Magic Man, Crazy on You

Janis Joplin

Before Rachel Zoe and Nicole Richie made boho-chic the hottest look of an entire decade, there was Janis Joplin, the ultimate hippie chick.

Janis Joplin popularized the classic hippie look that we all think of when we think about the flower children of the 1960s. She often wore bell bottoms, peasant tops, long necklaces, earthy jewelry, hippie headbands, feathers, platform sandals, and round sunglasses.

To copy her look without looking too costume-y, incorporate just one of two hippie elements into an otherwise modern outfit — try small round sunglasses during game day, or a hippie headband and platform sandals on a fun night out.

Janis wasn’t big on makeup, but her hair more than stole the show. To recreate her free-wheeling hairstyle, spray damp hair with tons of texturizing spray and blow dry with a diffuser. Flip upside down and douse lightly with hairspray.

Songs to check out: Me and Bobby McGee, Piece of My Heart, Cry Baby

Courtney Love

We all know her best as the late Kurt Cobain’s widow, but as the lead singer of Hole, Courtney Love created headlines in her own right for her grungy, pseudo-gothic style in the ’90s.

Haute couture fashion houses sent Courtney dresses to wear, which she’d immediately rip, fray, and re-pin to create her own interesting look. She was known for adding lace and studs to her outfits when she saw fit, and often rocked clunky Hushpuppies or Doc Martens with otherwise feminine ensembles.

Steal her style by pairing tough leather or denim jackets with frilly dresses, adding a heavy-soled pair of shoes, and spraying salt spray in your hair for a devil-may-care, bed-head sort of texture.

Another major signature of Courtney Love is her smudgy, slept-in makeup. To recreate this look, apply dramatic makeup in a semi-haphazard fashion. Swipe red lipstick along your lower lip and blot your lips together to spread the color. Apply black eyeliner to your upper and lower lids, but don’t worry about using primer or setting with translucent powder.

This sort of “anti-fashion” style approach worked for Courtney because of her confident, rebellious spirit. Carry yourself with the same ballsy attitude for an instant confidence boost.

Songs to check out: Celebrity Skin, Malibu, Doll Parts

Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams is the young and spunky lead singer of Paramore. Her youthful and fun attitude is evident in her punky, energetic, and almost mallrat-esque way of dressing.

Hayley’s a fan of neon and bold colors, textured and patterned leggings and pants, pumped-up kicks, mini skirts, and graphic tees. She’s very petite, and highlights that with form-fitting silhouettes.

To get Hayley’s look, pair a graphic t-shirt with a hot pink or electric blue skirt. Finish with a pair of tights and some Chuck Taylors or Nike Dunks.

Hayley’s biggest signature is definitely her unnaturally-colored hair. From cotton candy pink to traffic cone orange, Hayley’s boldly-hued hair helps casual fans identify her when she’s apart from Paramore.

Love the idea of neon hair, but don’t want to commit? Try spray-in or clip-in color for a fun way to play on the weekend. As far as makeup goes, Hayley is also a fan of neon-colored eyeliner and lipstick.

Songs to check out: Airplanes, Decode, The Only Exception, Misery Business

Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac has more than just a pretty face and killer pipes — she’s also a fantastic, heartfelt songwriter and has a truly iconic sense of style.

I have two words to describe Stevie’s style – gypsy goddess. She was the queen of maxi skirts and dresses, oversized loose-knit sweaters, bat-winged and caped sleeve blouses, slouchy boots, and long scarves. Hats were another huge feature of Stevie’s style — from top hats to beanies, Stevie made them all look cool and laid-back.

To steal her look, pair a maxi skirt with a distressed sweater, your favorite pair of boots, and a hat if you’re feeling bold. Thanks to boho babes like Vanessa Hudgens and Mary-Kate Olsen, an outfit like this won’t look dated at all.

Stevie Nicks’ mop of wavy blonde hair is another one of her most beautiful features. To copy the look, spritz dry shampoo and hairspray on dirty hair, then curl by wrapping 1-inch sections around the closed barrel of a curling iron. When you’ve finished your entire head, shake and brush out with your fingertips and spritz once again with hairspray.

Songs to check out: Rhiannon, The Chain, Don’t Stop, Landslide, Dreams

Florence Welch

Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine blew our minds on the airwaves as well as the red carpet. Her retro, throwback style is cool because it channels fashion aesthetics from the past, but does so in a very subtle and modern way.

Florence is often seen in lacy frocks, loose-fitting floral sundresses, oxford heels, and pearl jewelry. To steal Flo’s look, check out the retro-fabulous dresses on ModCloth and pair them with Victorian-esque shoes, a long necklace, and simple stud earrings. If ModCloth is a little pricey for your liking, be sure to check out vintage stores in your town, or even rummage through a grandma or aunt’s closet — you never know what treasures you might find!

Another thing I think is really cool about Florence Welch is her signature look in the beauty department. Her fiery red hair is immediately recognizable, and Florence is rarely seen without her signature cherry-red lips. For a perfect opaque red lip, apply some lip balm, wait 15 minutes, then exfoliate with an old toothbrush. Apply more lip balm, and after another 10 minutes, blot off the residue and carefully apply your favorite shade of red lipstick. Dust with translucent powder, and throw the lipstick in your purse for any late-night touch ups.

Songs to check out: Shake it Out, Dog Days are Over, Spectrum

Debbie Harry

The original punk babe Debbie Harry is also known by her stage name Blondie. Equally as famous as her music were her gorgeous features and killer, rebellious sense of style.

Debbie Harry had an incredible way of making boyish, punky clothes look insanely feminine and sexy. Her graphic tees, mini dresses, hotpants, and cropped jackets were all skin-tight and sexy. She loved high-heel stilettos and boots. Debbie wore a ton of denim, and lots of patterns as well. Replicate her style by wearing a concert tee shirt with a pair of short-shorts, and boots or platforms.

To mimic Blondie’s beauty, go for a clean line of black eyeliner on your upper lid, fanning it out slightly for a chic cat eye. Blow dry your hair sleek with a round brush, but rough up the ends with wax or pomade. Finish with matte red lipstick.

Songs to check out: Rapture, Heart of Glass, One Way or Another

Gwen Stefani

I’ve had a girl crush on Gwen Stefani since I can remember. Gwen got her start as the lead singer of No Doubt, which has evolved into a successful solo career and a critically acclaimed fashion line.

Gwen Stefani has always had a very eccentric sense of style that seeks inspiration from eastern cultures. In the early ’90s, she often rocked Bindi jewels on her forehead. Today, her personal style and even the direction of her clothing line is influenced by Japanese anime culture. A fan of bold, statement-making pieces, Gwen was one of the main reasons why harem pants caught wind (pun intended) a few years ago. She’s also been known to wear funky shoes, kimonos, cropped patterned jackets, and more.

Gwen Stefani’s hair is a cornerstone of her unique style as well. In her early years, she experimented with blue and pink hair, and tied them into three or four buns across the top of her head. Now, she’s very into retro pin-up style hairdos that often involved elaborate rolls and gorgeous soft waves. She looks beautiful no matter what, but I definitely love her current platinum blonde pin-up style. It looks especially chic with her black eyeliner cat-eyes and red lips.

Songs to check out: I’m Just a Girl, Hella Good, Let Me Blow Ya Mind, It’s My Life, Holla Back Girl

What Do You Think?

What do you think of the women who made the list? Whose style do you most identify with? Did we leave your favorite rock goddess out? What other subjects would you like to see up countdown? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who in the heck is Karen O.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Casey Kasem RIP

Hi all.As most of you all know We lost Casey Kasem today at age 82.
I have to give him the credit for introducing me to top 40 hits in that era in the 1970's along with Dick Clark.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituar...ry.html#page=1

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/bu...ies-at-82.html

Whats this got to do with Stevie and FM?

Just listen.......

Heres a treat from this time in 1977. 6-18-1977

http://www.adrive.com/public/cps3TG/...bute%20%20.mp3

Heres another treat from 1982 . 01-23-1982

http://www.adrive.com/public/Pma72x/...%202%20128.mp3

Download them .

Let me know what you think.

I got plenty more to share.

Enjoy..........................................................................

Last edited by Macfanforever; 06-16-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow .I happen to catch this as I was doing research on birds.

Stevie gets mentioned on Wikipedia page on White Winged Doves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-winged_Dove

Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres a article from New York Times about a very young Jimmy Iovine working with John Lennon and Apple computer .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/bu...illed-ear.html

Formerly married to a Playboy centerfold, Mr. Iovine rivals some of his artists in his celebrity profile around Hollywood; in a bland corporate conference room at Apple on Wednesday, he wore a shiny blue blazer and light blue suede high-top sneakers.

Mr. Iovine got his start as a studio gofer in the 1970s, but quickly made his name as an engineer and producer, working with acts like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Iovine was, as ever, the consummate promoter, hyping the deal as a perfect union of technology, style and business know-how.

Jimmy Iovine, left, and John Lennon in 1974, during the recording of Mr. Lennon’s “Walls and Bridges” album in New York City. Credit Bob Gruen

And Jimmy today.

Well there's another guy who got co-opted by "the business". And to think he balked at wearing a gold half moon necklace because he was a New York guy with no Hollywood pretensions and hated all that sh*t and wanted keep Stevie grounded in reality.

If Jimmy then could see that picture of Jimmy now he'd barf.

I guess if you can't beat'em join 'em.

btw I never knew he was 5 years younger than Stevie.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today on the radio here in OZ they mentioned Stevie's new album, then they played Stevie's cover of Its So Easy lol still pretty cool
Old 08-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Today on the radio here in OZ they mentioned Stevie's new album, then they played Stevie's cover of Its So Easy lol still pretty cool
WHAT?????????????
that is so cool!!
on MMM last week they were doing the top 100 albums and were playing some interviews coz Rumours was ... well i forget what number.
i never hear just!Stevie
Old 08-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
WHAT?????????????
that is so cool!!
on MMM last week they were doing the top 100 albums and were playing some interviews coz Rumours was ... well i forget what number.
i never hear just!Stevie
Unfortunately due to unexpected visitor's arriving at my parents house at the same time, i only heard bits and pieces of the announces comments regarding Stevie's new album, I soooo wanted to say will you all JSTFU Stevie is on the radio!!!!!!

Yeah it is kinda rare to hear Stevie tunes on the radio im going to listen to this station more often now ..
Cheers
Di
Old 08-14-2014, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Unfortunately due to unexpected visitor's arriving at my parents house at the same time, i only heard bits and pieces of the announces comments regarding Stevie's new album, I soooo wanted to say will you all JSTFU Stevie is on the radio!!!!!!

Yeah it is kinda rare to hear Stevie tunes on the radio im going to listen to this station more often now ..
Cheers
Di
I got in the car this arvo
and BAM Sara was on.
i take it as a sign that i should be in the car at that moment
going where i'm going lol
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post

Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac has more than just a pretty face and killer pipes — she’s also a fantastic, heartfelt songwriter and has a truly iconic sense of style.

I have two words to describe Stevie’s style – gypsy goddess. She was the queen of maxi skirts and dresses, oversized loose-knit sweaters, bat-winged and caped sleeve blouses, slouchy boots, and long scarves. Hats were another huge feature of Stevie’s style — from top hats to beanies, Stevie made them all look cool and laid-back.

To steal her look, pair a maxi skirt with a distressed sweater, your favorite pair of boots, and a hat if you’re feeling bold. Thanks to boho babes like Vanessa Hudgens and Mary-Kate Olsen, an outfit like this won’t look dated at all.

Stevie Nicks’ mop of wavy blonde hair is another one of her most beautiful features. To copy the look, spritz dry shampoo and hairspray on dirty hair, then curl by wrapping 1-inch sections around the closed barrel of a curling iron. When you’ve finished your entire head, shake and brush out with your fingertips and spritz once again with hairspray.

Songs to check out: Rhiannon, The Chain, Don’t Stop, Landslide, Dreams
Please! Vanessa Hudgens is such a try-hard, she actually wrote "peace" and "love" in bright colours on the back of her convertible sports car a few years back after the Cochella festival. The Olsen twins spend most of their time looking like crazy bag ladies.

Last edited by He's So Unusual; 08-14-2014 at 10:35 AM..