Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

the player I use to view things on my computer... and I haven't found a file type it hasn't played yet... especially with these types of downloads. It's called:

vlc media player - and here's the link to a free download:

vlc media player

Hope that helps ya
Old 10-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Wha' ???!!!

OK, I downloaded the files - what the bloomin' heck do I do now !!! Do I have to burn them to disc before I can play/view them ? I haven't a clue, folks and would really appreciate some help ! Once that's sorted, how do I then share them with everyone else ... Apologies for being a doofus ...
Lisa x
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehaze
OK, I downloaded the files - what the bloomin' heck do I do now !!! Do I have to burn them to disc before I can play/view them ? I haven't a clue, folks and would really appreciate some help ! Once that's sorted, how do I then share them with everyone else ... Apologies for being a doofus ...
Lisa x
Welcome to my world! I can't get anything to play them either.
I "think" as far as sharing them, that you have to start your Bit Torrent program, then others have access. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

Is anyone viewing these? And with WHAT viewer??? Yes, I downloaded the vlc one, and still can't get them to play.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay, if you downloaded the vlc player and they still don't work, then you must be doing something wrong.

1. Open the vlc player.

2. click on file (top left). Then "Quick Open File".

3. find the folder on your computer where you downloaded it to and then select one of the larger files sizes (if you can't see the file sizes when you find the folder, click details to display the files that way and select the file size that is huge compared to the others. It will work.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Welcome to my world! I can't get anything to play them either.
I "think" as far as sharing them, that you have to start your Bit Torrent program, then others have access. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

Is anyone viewing these? And with WHAT viewer??? Yes, I downloaded the vlc one, and still can't get them to play.
If you don't have a DVD player on your computer, you can rip them to VCD with the tool at dvd2dvd.org. Then you can play it on your computer. Good luck.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-13-2004 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can you watch the first vob when it's finished downloading it or do you have to wait for the entire thing to download?

Last edited by Gazza; 10-14-2004 at 12:20 PM..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You have to wait for the whole thing to download... At least that's my experience.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Okay, if you downloaded the vlc player and they still don't work, then you must be doing something wrong.

1. Open the vlc player.

2. click on file (top left). Then "Quick Open File".

3. find the folder on your computer where you downloaded it to and then select one of the larger files sizes (if you can't see the file sizes when you find the folder, click details to display the files that way and select the file size that is huge compared to the others. It will work.
MASSIVE hugs and kisses !
Lisa xxxxxxx
Old 10-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could someone please seed this file (the rehearsal), there is only one seed left now, I will seed it when I get my copy d/l, so if someone could do it now that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG....I burst out laughing in the middle of "I Know I'm Not Wrong"....!!! That has to be the funniest "FM moment" I have EVER seen....During the first "uh uh uh uh uh-uh", when Lindsey keeps looking over to get Stevie's attention to do the harmony part with him but she ignores him so he eventually shouts "STEVIE!!!" into the microphone in the middle of the song....LMAO!!!...and then she deliberately gives the most indifferent performance I think I have ever seen from anyone in my life....LMAO!!!!......it's brilliant.....you have to watch it to appreciate it!!

Old 10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
Could someone please seed this file (the rehearsal), there is only one seed left now, I will seed it when I get my copy d/l, so if someone could do it now that would be greatly appreciated.
OK, of course ... I HOPE I'm doing it right ... can anyone check ?
Lisa x
Old 10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seteca
OMG....I burst out laughing in the middle of "I Know I'm Not Wrong"....!!! That has to be the funniest "FM moment" I have EVER seen....During the first "uh uh uh uh uh-uh", when Lindsey keeps looking over to get Stevie's attention to do the harmony part with him but she ignores him so he eventually shouts "STEVIE!!!" into the microphone in the middle of the song....LMAO!!!...and then she deliberately gives the most indifferent performance I think I have ever seen from anyone in my life....LMAO!!!!......it's brilliant.....you have to watch it to appreciate it!!

My favourite part of the show but this is just teasing everyone who hasn't seen it yet ... I'm seeding now !!! *fingers crossed*
Lisa x
Old 10-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Ack!!

Too complicated and slow. Can someone put the files up on a site or something, esp. the IKINW one?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seteca

I saw that earlier as I was making a DVD-R copy for a fellow Ledgie and laughed at Linds' "Stevie!" shout...Hella funny

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default how's it?

Can anybody tell me how the quality is.. or send a screen shot? I dont have a CD burner that is working till this weekend I really REALLY want it. But I dont have the space on my computer... I have 13 GB of torrent files wating to be put on CD already
SO how is it? and is it worth the download?
thanks ya'll
Jacob