User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
People get more and more rude here, and less and less original/funny with their jabs. TROLLS! Sad.

Did I hear that this forum is now unmoderated though? Meaning that we can call them out directly?
i don't know whether it's unmoderated, but that's exactly what i've seen being done - calling on condescension and double standard.

i saw several trolling posts, but most i see are people just being frustrated with each other. would love to hear which posts you think are trolls, and also which are rude, but not sure whether that's against the board rules or not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
does Lindsey have a temper which these days manifests about once per tour on stage when something is not going right? sure. is he an ass for that? maybe. i guess you don't get mad that easily, or in his case when something that should go a certain way, in front of 1000s of people watching, is not. back in 2012 he threw a guitar on stage when something was off at his Santa Cruz show. people who were there said he was seriously mad. then he stopped, collected himself, and made a self-deprecating joke...(it's on youtube, something like "i was gonna play this guitar, but now i guess i'm not!" - something to that effect.) it was interesting to watch. (guitar broke. went to Rick Turner's shop for some serious repairs.)
I can appreciate it was a very stressful situation and don't blame him for feeling angry - but wow was he mad! I was just doing the usual, and highlighting that they both have their issues. Great to hear about the other incident where he managed to collect himself and the self depreciating joke
Old 08-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I can appreciate it was a very stressful situation and don't blame him for feeling angry - but wow was he mad! I was just doing the usual, and highlighting that they both have their issues. Great to hear about the other incident where he managed to collect himself and the self depreciating joke
I tell ya, if it was the guitar tech he was mad at....he PAYS that guy to make sure every guitar is tuned and ready for the next song(because Lindsey does use different tunings). So yeah, if the guy f*cked up, and tuned it wrong, or handed him the wrong(ly tuned) guitar, I'd be pissed, too.

I personally have kicked the knobs off the guitar pedals on my pedal board, and broke my knuckle punching a speaker, so I might have some understanding for his pain.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
People defend Stevie and get upset about others going after her like she's their mother. This is because Stevie fans are generally the outcasts and sort of emo kids in high school. They are obsessed with the whole witch thing and relate to it because they are into weird emo crap like that themselves. They have no companions in their life besides internet friends they've met on sites like Tumblr so they must look up to a musician and defend her like they persoanally know her. Don't @ me
What? I doubt that Stevie fans are walking clichés. I don't find myself in anything you wrote and I know some other fans - noone is like that at all. also - Stevie fans certainly don't buy into the whole witch thing - that was something for a few people who knew nothing about her some 40 years ago and is therefor still picked up by mediocre reporters who do not do their homework. I love Stevie since 1979, but her solo albums and her reckless comments about FM/LB, her always being the victim puts me off since TOSOTM. Since that time, I actually have motherly feelings for HER, annoyance mixed with love, she rarely still enthralles me, but more and more often, she is just irritating like a stubborn child.

People complain about the tone on this board again and again, it goes in cycles . To me, the tone has alwas been the same since 2003. Bad behaviour is mirrored rather fast, I've been on both sides.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's The Ledge! after all.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 08-17-2017 at 06:20 PM..
Old 08-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I tell ya, if it was the guitar tech he was mad at....he PAYS that guy to make sure every guitar is tuned and ready for the next song(because Lindsey does use different tunings). So yeah, if the guy f*cked up, and tuned it wrong, or handed him the wrong(ly tuned) guitar, I'd be pissed, too.

I personally have kicked the knobs off the guitar pedals on my pedal board, and broke my knuckle punching a speaker, so I might have some understanding for his pain.
meanwhile his guitar tech is a great guy so i'll take his side over Lindsey's here, regardless of what really happened.

and i thought that video of LB jumping up and down to get his attention was hilarious to see!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
People complain about the tone on this board again and again, it goes in cycles . To me, the tone has alwas been the same since 2003. Bad behaviour is mirrored rather fast, I've been on both sides. if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
exactly. cycles.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
meanwhile his guitar tech is a great guy so i'll take his side over Lindsey's here, regardless of what really happened.

and i thought that video of LB jumping up and down to get his attention was hilarious to see!
Did I miss a video of the incident? Please link if possible.

Nice guys f*ck up all the time, btw.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
What? I doubt that Stevie fans are walking clichés. I don't find myself in anything you wrote and I know some other fans - noone is like that at all. also - Stevie fans certainly don't buy into the whole witch thing - that was something for a few people who knew nothing about her some 40 years ago and is therefor still picked up by mediocre reporters who do not do their homework. I love Stevie since 1979, but her solo albums and her reckless comments about FM/LB, her always being the victim puts me off since TOSOTM. Since that time, I actually have motherly feelings for HER, annoyance mixed with love, she rarely still enthralles me, but more and more often, she is just irritating like a stubborn child.

People complain about the tone on this board again and again, it goes in cycles . To me, the tone has alwas been the same since 2003. Bad behaviour is mirrored rather fast, I've been on both sides.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's The Ledge! after all.
Some fans on Twitter are exactly like AlexD is portraying them. Maybe not here but they're out there. Trust me. They think she's her mother, want to marry her, would trade their parents for her, and so on...

I live in a warm country, so I can stand the heat!!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did I miss a video of the incident? Please link if possible.
i think it may have been linked from the classic thread? i don't have it handy but try googling or youtube search with Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac and maybe citifield, should be relatively easy to find.

EDIT: here it is. watch from about 1:50 on, and it really picks up after 2:20 or so. he starts gesticulating fast in between parts he has to sing at first.

Last edited by elle; 08-17-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 08-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's completely baseless and highly judgmental and offensive.
Thank you, Elle. That description is absolutely nothing like me or any of the other fans that I know.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Some fans on Twitter are exactly like AlexD is portraying them. Maybe not here but they're out there. Trust me. They think she's her mother, want to marry her, would trade their parents for her, and so on...

I live in a warm country, so I can stand the heat!!!!
Thank you.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I don't know what Lindsey was so mad about. I doubt it was something severe enough where him flailing around on stage like that was warranted
Old 08-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm in Australia so my sleep habits aren't quite right yet. BTW BWboy, I hope you go to the Ohio show. It's so much fun. Cheers mates. I'm on vacation.
Thanks, jbrownsjr! BTW, are you in Australia to see Stevie's 24 Karat Gold tour? lol, couldn't resist!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks, jbrownsjr! BTW, are you in Australia to see Stevie's 24 Karat Gold tour? lol, couldn't resist!
LOL!!! I would definitely go. I like her music more than her diva like ways.

But, truth be told.. if someone plopped me in front of her in concert.. I'd be cheering and screaming "How Still My Love!!" on of my favs...

Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think it may have been linked from the classic thread? i don't have it handy but try googling or youtube search with Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac and maybe citifield, should be relatively easy to find.

EDIT: here it is. watch from about 1:50 on, and it really picks up after 2:20 or so. he starts gesticulating fast in between parts he has to sing at first.
lol his reaction is so dramatic but i think he was trying to get the guy to notice him?