User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
This is a COMPLETE LIE!!! I've been on klonopin for four years and it does wonders for my panic attacks/anxiety. First off Stevie was taking 8 times the recommended dose several times a day. If Stevie said she had horrible reaction to Tylenol some of you would be going on and on about how "terrible" Tylenol is. I take 1mg as needed (up to three times a day) for panic/anxiety attacks. Some days I only take one, some days I don't take any. If I feel an attack is starting it helps A LOT. Stevie has said she was taking up to 12 mg at a time. I'm surprised she could walk. The problem with Stevie and other celebrities is that they can find a doctor to give them ANYTHING they want. Look at Prince, he's doctors were (allegedly) giving him HUGE DOSES of Percocet (Oxycodone) that took his life. I've been a RN for 23 years and I have had lots of people on Klonopin (besides myself). Like many narcotics (and yes Klonopin is considered a narcotic) it is widely abused however. Klonopin helps many people like myself with severe anxiety. It is not recommended, per the manufacturers, to take more then 2mg at a time. Stevie WAS A ZOMBIE on such high doses. She had a terrible doctor that kept raising the dose. The fault lies between them and not the drug itself.
My friend wound up suffering from hallucinations and liver damage after being on it for 2 years, so don't you dare sit there and tell me it's a "COMPLTE LIE" Prescription drugs work differently person to person.

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 05-13-2016 at 02:38 PM..
Old 05-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[This doctor, Angela Haliburda, does not have the story right]

South Coast Today by Curt Brown April 11, 2014

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...NEWS/404110319

Haliburda, who works at St. Anne's Hospital in Fall River, said many people trade one addiction for another. She cited the case of singer Stevie Nicks who entered a nationally known clinic for alcohol abuse and came out addicted to Klonopin, which was prescribed for her.
Fall River (most of Massachusetts)has a huge heroin problem due to trading prescription pharmaceutical for street drugs
Old 05-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow.Alcohol? Thats news to me.
Since Stevie's in the news They had to bring her name up.Apparently they did not done their research homework to get the facts right on the info about Stevie.
Betty Ford is a chemical dependency rehab , and it would be highly unethical for her to go into specifics about her treatment,a and in fall River 70s rock never died so it make sense that they would reference her

Last edited by olive; 05-13-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Old 05-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
In Stevie's defense, she wasn't the doctor and the doctor should have been more responsible.
Sadly a lot of doctors relies only on prescription drugs without caring about all the other components in the patients' lives and when the meds don't work instead of changing the cure or wondering why they don't work they just raise the doses.
I agree 100% with what you said. It is true
Old 05-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
My friend wound up suffering from hallucinations and liver damage after being on it for 2 years, so don't you dare sit there and tell me it's a "COMPLTE LIE" Prescription drugs work differently person to person.
I apologize for coming across as rough. I'm sorry for your friend.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
I apologize for coming across as rough. I'm sorry for your friend.
It's OK. No hard feelings. And I am sorry for getting defensive.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely hate it when internet articles are set up as slide shows and rarely finish reading them when they are, but I clicked on this one about prescription medications to beware of, and the first slide is Klonopin. I can't tell you what the rest are LOL.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fi...=YF&yptr=yahoo
Old 12-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My step son was on Kolonipin for anxiety and he said he was never addicted and it worked great. He is having some anxiety issues again due to afib and he asked his new doctor for it and the doctor said no it is too addicting.

He's mad because he said he never abused the drug and it worked great for him. So I think that's the problem. It's how it's used. I love Stevie, but she abused it. But it should never have been prescribed to her. The doctor knew she had been addicted to cocaine. I'm sure Stevie was very scared and anxious about her new drug free life and going back on the road with all the temptations, although she says she was fine, it was those around her who thought she should seek help. It was a mess all the way around. Thank God she made it through.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
My step son was on Kolonipin for anxiety and he said he was never addicted and it worked great. He is having some anxiety issues again due to afib and he asked his new doctor for it and the doctor said no it is too addicting.

He's mad because he said he never abused the drug and it worked great for him. So I think that's the problem. It's how it's used. I love Stevie, but she abused it. But it should never have been prescribed to her. The doctor knew she had been addicted to cocaine. I'm sure Stevie was very scared and anxious about her new drug free life and going back on the road with all the temptations, although she says she was fine, it was those around her who thought she should seek help. It was a mess all the way around. Thank God she made it through.

I think people forget that the normal dose is .05mg - 1mg TID [Three Times A Day] and Stevie was taking up to 12mg several times a day. Stevie's experiences with this medication is not normal so people need to understand that before classifying this med as "horrible". I've been a RN for 24 years Klonopin, if given at recommended doses, works well. This is a classic example of rich people and/or celebrities being able to find doctors that will prescribe anything they want. A doctor who prescribed Stevie 12mg of Klonopin over 6 times a day should have lost his license.

Last edited by ahafan02; 12-18-2017 at 06:49 PM..
Old 12-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was over 30 years ago, she really needs to let this go and ride another horse..............
Old 12-26-2017, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I personally think it's very irresponsible for Stevie, or any celebrity/individual with no training in the medical field, to make broad statements about a drug based solely on their experience. I know several people on Klonopin who have no issues with it, and no issues with addiction. It's important to remember that people like Stevie who have addictive personalities, could have problems with many drugs that other people benefit from. Everyone is different. It's different to just say "hey, that drug was bad news for me" than to say "If your doctor tells you to take this drug, you should run screaming from his office".
Old 12-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie was drinking too. Cocaine wasn't her only issue in 1986. I know she's said in interviews "...and I'm not an alcoholic!" but unfortunately I've encountered way WAY too many "I'm not an alcoholic" alcoholics in my life.
Cocaine might be the thing that got all the Betty Ford press, but ask anyone who saw some of the RAL tour live in '86 and they'll probably tell you their impression was of a messy alcohol intoxicated woman, and not a sped-up coke head. I even remember a 'Tango' radio special where Tony Pigg even says Stevie recently got out of Betty Ford for alcohol and drugs before interviewing her. She didn't refute it obviously, because it made it to the broadcast.

Coke is part of her legend. It's the glamorous/not-so-glamorous story that she likes to tell. Booze isn't as glamorous